My Perspective on Mature Metal Device Sizing and Wear

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

My Perspective on Mature Metal Device Sizing and Wear

Post by wishful4 »

This is a narrative of my perspective and experience with the Mature Metal Queen’s Keep as far as sizing before purchase and wearability. As a disclaimer, this will probably not work for everyone and may not work for anyone else. A general description of my anatomy would be a grower with a somewhat high and tight scrotum (at times). With that, let me cover some general areas before listing my sizing and wearing recommendations. This discussion is geared towards the longer term wearer.

Erections: Bottom line is that, they are going to happen in the device. You can’t prevent them, so you should attempt to accommodate them. I have mentioned this in other threads, but early morning erections will be the toughest. The longer you are locked, the more frequently erection attempts will occur in the presence of your Keyholder. Lying in bed with her at night, a touch or sexy look from her during the day may be enough to cause them. If you are sizing a device with the notion of preventing erections, you are buying for the wrong reasons. This will be addressed again in my sizing recommendations.

Security and Comfort: No trapped ball device (TBD) is 100% secure absent a piercing. What makes a TBD as secure as it can be is exactly the right distance between the bottom of the cage and the bottom of the base ring. The right distance here will grip the scrotum tightly allowing only minimum movement away from the body when you grab the device and try to pull it away from your body. At the same time, it should allow for sufficient blood flow to avoid “blue balls” or numbness in the scrotum area. Finding this measurement is not easy nor is it discussed in most measurement guides. It is almost counterintuitive that, given the same size base ring, ordering a smaller cage can actually make the device loose and ill fitting because it increases the distance between the bottom of the cage and the bottom of the base ring. A good fitting device will be comfortable 80 percent of the time, slightly uncomfortable 15 percent of the time, and moderately uncomfortable about 5 percent of the time. All of the discomfort and soreness you feel will be in the scrotum area. Most likely, no discomfort will ever be felt in your shaft as a result of being locked unless your cage is too small. The moderately uncomfortable time is usually caused by swelling of the scrotum as a reaction to temperature or other factors. As long as you aren’t experiencing “blue balls” or numbness in the scrotum, removal should not be required even during the moderate periods. A small amount of lubricant applied to the specific area may help for new wearers or simply getting off your feet, relaxing, and warming up the scrotum area if cold temps are a factor. Avoid generous use of lotion on the base ring as it can allow it to move too much which can also cause discomfort. As your wearing time increases, these periods of discomfort will most likely decrease or disappear altogether. Also, in time your skin will toughen up in the scrotum area and no lubricant will be required. Avoid lubes such as baby oil as they can promote the growth of odor causing bacteria.

Cleaning & Hygiene: This topic should rank near the top in importance. Nothing can turn off a new Keyholder to MC faster than smelling a dead fish when your device is removed in the heat of the moment. Before your device even arrives, you should order a durable foam cleaning swab long enough to properly clean the device while you are locked. These are available from http://www.swab-its.com or other vendors. I recommend one with at least a 5-6 in plastic handle and a foam tip. These should work for most chastity devices except possibly the Steelheart and can be cleaned and reused. Q tips are sufficient to dry excess moisture, but just won’t cut it for cleaning. Your device and its locked contents should be cleaned twice a day minimum, more if necessary.

Sizing Recommendations: Start with the base ring first. If you are moving from the CB-XX series, the ring that worked best there should work for MM or you may be able to go one size smaller. Be aware that CB-XX series base rings are oval, not round. You will have to decide which measurement to go with. My CB-XX ring was 1 7/8 in by 1 ¾ in. The 1 7/8 in MM base rings works best for me. For cage length, follow the instructions recommended by MM. However, some recommend subtracting ¼ in from your average flaccid measurement. I recommend ordering a cage length equal to your average flaccid length. This will give you about ¼ in extra room to accommodate erection attempts. Cage diameter is the most important measurement. Using the sizing ring kit from MM, determine the smallest ring that will fit on your flaccid shaft with no extra room, then add ¼ in to this measurement to determine cage diameter. This will allow about 1/8 in room around the shaft for cleaning and erection attempts. According to MM, the 3/8 in gap tends to work for most wearers and that is easily changed if you find that you need a different gap.

Don't be disconcerted if you don't get it right the first time. Mature Metal has an excellent reputation for service after the sale and I found that to be true in my case as well. They will bend over backward to try and make you happy with your device.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
jeank

Re: My Perspective on Mature Metal Device Sizing and Wear

Post by jeank »

As another MM user with what sounds like a similar anatomy (grower, high tight sac), I would add agreement to everything written. Particularly the diameter sizing to leave room for cleaning and also to avoid soreness from rubbing after a couple of weeks constant wearing. (Yes I did make that mistake at one point).

Spot on W4
0 x