Double Rings ?

For the gearheads in the audience
JimR

Double Rings ?

Post by JimR »

Currently experimenting with a number of inexpensive devices, One option I am considering, is the construction of double base rings, buy purchasing two devices that have multiple rings and just gluing or pinning two rings of the same diameter together. For the two devices I am considering, this would result in rings that are 27 mm wide in one instance and 23 mm wide for the other. Has anyone tried this approach ? If so, does it result in greater or less comfort (due to ball stretch), and is the anti-pullout significantly improved ? What about a different size ring next to the body, when compared with the main base ring ? Appreciate your thoughts.
0 x
CagedKC
Re: Double Rings ?

Post by CagedKC »

I wear a tripple base ring. It was made to order by Mature Metal. They offer a double ring option but will add as many rings as you want. My tipple is 3/4" wide.
1 x
Locked 24/7 since July 2018
MM Jailbird
mikel2411
Re: Double Rings ?

Post by mikel2411 »

I just had a unit built with double rings 7mm each, it's comfortable but I found out pretty quick when the boys are in low mode pull out is still very possible.
CagedKC: At 3/4 wide did you taper it out? Example: My rings are 1 mm different inner diameter, bigger on the outer one.
Also being 3/4 wide did it help with pull out?
I was thinking about getting another ring made with three rings that are 7 MM each, that would make it about 7/8 of an inch wide, but I really don't want to spend the money if it's not going to help with pull out. Thanks
0 x