HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

For the gearheads in the audience
slave d

HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

Post by slave d » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Some who know me will be aware MsM has me in a genuine HT V3 nub after a short trial of a Chinese copy. You may also be aware, though most will have forgotten, that the tube developed a split in the join running down the front from the pee hole. HT were very good at the time and replaced the tube, this was 3 to 4 months ago. Well the replacement just started pinching me and i’ve discovered it is splitting in the same place. Wrote to HT and they say they can’t replace it a second time, i responded, as you do, that they CAN replace it but they WONT !!! Anyway, my point to members is this: the new HT nub has a design flaw as it has a joint at a stress point which may/will fail over time if you are a 24/7/365 wearer (MsM removes it for cleaning 3 times a week for a couple of minutes). As a consequence i can no longer recommend this product as i have in the past. Oh, and HT seem singularly unwilling to even consider they have an issue, i suspect most people don’t last in their product for more than a few weeks and as this problem occurs only after some months of use they never see it.

MsM’s ld
2 x
New Zealand
24/7/365 HTv3 nub

locked8807
Re: HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

Post by locked8807 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I will certainly keep on eye on my HT nano to see if I see any signs of failure. It is sad that after spending that sort of money that they either won't fix the flaw or replace it as long as it keeps failing!
0 x

slave d

Re: HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

Post by slave d » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm

locked8807 does your nano have the same join from the pee hole down ? Just interested as I’m still searching for a solution.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
24/7/365 HTv3 nub