I’m in between sizes on my knockoff Nub, which came with four base rings. The largest one is too big to be effective. I struggled getting the cage inserted in the next size down. I also had a lot of pinching and unbearable ball burn. But, it was close to fitting properly.
I saw a reference to adjusting HTs with hot water. Here’s what worked for me.
1. Take measurements of the ring. Vertical and horizontal. I used a digital caliper that I bought for measuring for a custom cage. $5-$10 at most.
2. Put base ring in boiling water for 10-20 seconds.
3. Pull out and carefully pull it in the direction you need.
4. Measure quickly to see how much it stretched.
5. Drop in ice water. Cold water did not work for me.
6. Test it.
This exercise worked on my second try. I expanded a millimeter horizontally, and three mm vertically. Dumb luck. Now the Nub fits snugly but relatively comfortably.
For the gearheads in the audience
1 post • Page 1 of 1