Knock off HT3 review

For the gearheads in the audience
PeturKitty

Knock off HT3 review

Post by PeturKitty » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:00 pm

I've been intrigued by the Holy Trainer design for a while now. On a whim i picked up this knock off HT3 on Amazon. IMO these are not wearable out of the package. They require a major "fluff and buff" before you can put them on. I actually modified mine right off the bat by removing the anti pull out tab on the back of the cage, and opening up the front vent holes. I also extended the elongated hole on the end. Adjusting these holes make it easier to use a Q-tip. Standing up to pee is easy. Overall its a pretty neat little device and super light compared to the stainless cages. I'm not sure if this would be a long term use device, but it would work good going through airport security.
1 x

PeturKitty

Re: Knock off HT3 review

Post by PeturKitty » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Update: I've been wearing this thing for a few days now. It's been real comfortable and i really like how light it is. But this morning it fell off while taking a shower. For some reason (I'm guesing its heat related) the tabs on the base ring started to spread appart causing a large amount of slack. This slack was enough to pull the lock out. I tried heating it up in water to resize it. It did shrink back to its original size, but the lock popped out again shortly afterwards.
0 x

Whynot

Re: Knock off HT3 review

Post by Whynot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:28 am

That's IME one of the problems with the Chinese knock-offs. It doesn't happen with all of them but with many. The "real" HT 3 doesn't have this problem, and I've been in an HT 3 for well over a year now. The longest time I was out was 36 hours after I developed a rash.
0 x