Fitting a Mm Jail Bird

For the gearheads in the audience
MarkJones

Fitting a Mm Jail Bird

Post by MarkJones »

I am very new to this, and tried to search the Forum but the words "JailBird" were too common so it didn't return any searches. So here goes....

I just got the sizing rings in the mail (turns out Mature Metal has a Weatherford Texas address, I'm only about 20 miles away!). I guess I'm a "high and tight" kinds guy, as even the 2 1/8 ring was hard to get into. Once on I could feel in being very snug, and although i could get one finger up to the knuckle, as the instructions said, it felt uncomfortable. Should I go up 1/8 or 1/4 inch?

Also the ring that fits comfortable on the flaccid shaft is a little too snug on the head. Should I go with the ring size that fits the shaft or the head??

And as far as the gap goes, should I try measuring the thickness of the sack at the base? What is a good way to estimate that?

As far as the length, it looks like I'm, during the day, about 3'. So go with the 2 3/4 length?

Thank you everybody in advance for your help!
0 x
Michele

Re: Fitting a Mm Jail Bird

Post by Michele »

Ok here's my opinion (please note I do not wear a device haha and my hubby is not high & tight):

1. If you can fit your index finger in to the first knuckle comfortably, go with that size... the sizing rings are not as thick or soft as the steel base ring. So wear that size for a couple days and make sure you have no burning, numbness or temperature/color changes.

2. The diameter ring should be snug on the SHAFT.

3. This I'm not positive on but you could call William at Mature Metal if someone here can't help. I'm guessing you want the 1/2 gap though.

4. What are you flaccid at night? I'd measure a few different times of day but if you are generally around 3" all the time and not bigger I'd go 2.5" or 2.75" if you fluctuate larger than 3".

Hope this helps! :)
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

MarkJones wrote:II just got the sizing rings in the mail (turns out Mature Metal has a Weatherford Texas address, I'm only about 20 miles away!). I guess I'm a "high and tight" kinds guy, as even the 2 1/8 ring was hard to get into. Once on I could feel in being very snug, and although i could get one finger up to the knuckle, as the instructions said, it felt uncomfortable. Should I go up 1/8 or 1/4 inch?
Because there's so many different sizes, when fitting anything for measurements, don't use a body part. I would suggest you go to a hardware store or a hobby shop that sells macramé supplies and buy a 2 1/4" and 2 3/8" ring. MM's ring sizes go over 3" so I'm sure he can fit you properly.
MarkJones wrote:Also the ring that fits comfortable on the flaccid shaft is a little too snug on the head. Should I go with the ring size that fits the shaft or the head??
I had this same dilemma. One ring would go over the head easily. The next size down I would have to place it on by wiggling it over the head, like putting a ring on a finger. William suggested I go with the size that cleared the head easily so that's what I did. I felt like I was bouncing around in the cage. My next device I ordered to the shaft size. It feels snug and I am happier with this. My only problem is the indents I have on the glans area when I first take off the device. A good "stretch" and they disappear.
MarkJones wrote:And as far as the gap goes, should I try measuring the thickness of the sack at the base? What is a good way to estimate that?
I would recommend the standard 3/8" gap. William can adjust this wider, if needed.
MarkJones wrote:As far as the length, it looks like I'm, during the day, about 3'. So go with the 2 3/4 length?
The length is something that is a personal preference measurement. If you want a tight device then a 1/4" shorter would work. Some like a little room and will add some length.

An extra hint. When you find the right size ring, order the right size and the next size smaller at the same time. It's common for your body to adjust and if you want a smaller ring later the device has to go back.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

My experience has been a little different. I bought a few of the inexpensive Chinese cages with base rings of 1 1/2, 1 3/4, and 2 inches. A ball would escape from the 2" ring, so I went down to 1 3/4. That turned out to be very comfortable and nothing falls out. The 1 1/2 works, but not nearly as comfortably. A larger base ring, oval from MM, will guarantee 24/7 wear comfortably. If you are seriously worried about escaping, you probably should reconsider chastity. As for the cage itself, I got mine the same diameter as my flaccid shaft and 1/4" shorter than my smallest measurement. I've been wearing it since February and it remains comfortable. Yes, if I attempt a chubby in the cage, there will be "dents" on the head, but they disappear after being unlocked for "stretching".

My advice is to go for comfort. You should be able to wear a Jail Bird and hardly notice it is there. Don't overthink this. MM's sizing instructions are very good. There are more details on my site http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/.

Good luck!
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
tjscooby

Post by tjscooby »

Mark Jones wrote:

"I am very new to this, and tried to search the Forum but the words "JailBird" were too common so it didn't return any searches. So here goes....

I just got the sizing rings in the mail (turns out Mature Metal has a Weatherford Texas address, I'm only about 20 miles away!). I guess I'm a "high and tight" kinds guy, as even the 2 1/8 ring was hard to get into. Once on I could feel in being very snug, and although i could get one finger up to the knuckle, as the instructions said, it felt uncomfortable. Should I go up 1/8 or 1/4 inch?

Also the ring that fits comfortable on the flaccid shaft is a little too snug on the head. Should I go with the ring size that fits the shaft or the head??

And as far as the gap goes, should I try measuring the thickness of the sack at the base? What is a good way to estimate that?

As far as the length, it looks like I'm, during the day, about 3'. So go with the 2 3/4 length?"
First, I hope you used some good lotion while getting the ring on, and everything's a little uncomfortable to start.
I wouldn't go up a quarter inch, 1/8" can be more than you think. Also keep in mind that oval versus round can make a difference, especially once you add a cage (you can change the base ring shape yourself with a good vise). Though with that size base ring, I doubt the cage diameter will be too close to try oval. I have a base ring of 1-7/8 that when oval shaped and an initial JB cage base ID of 1-1/2", I just didn't have a lower gap big enough for my sack to sit. So I squeezed it back to round and all was well.

I now have a PT with a initial shaft cage ID of 1-3/8 and a head ID of 1-1/2" as I too needed more space for my club head - they can do it. (with the smaller initial shaft ID I was able to go back to an oval base ring)

The other stuff I'd check with MM about where 's it easier for them to adjust i.e. they can change the gap by redoing the base ring, plus there's some other bending games to change the gap. The cage length is a little more work, especially if you want the cage diameter to vary from shaft to frenum. So overall length is what to consider. Definitley drop back at least to a 2-3/4" length and maybe consider the 3/8" gap since your base is so large.

It's a journey, and for sure we're all built a little different. Just check the "how many devices have you bought/built?" as, money wise you want to get it close to start, but you'll likely make some, or many adjustments.
0 x
Locked since 4-19-11. Currently in a MM PT