gap measuring differences SH to JB

For the gearheads in the audience
suziduzi

gap measuring differences SH to JB

Post by suziduzi »

Thinking of changing from my Steelheart to Jailbird and noticed that the SH has 2 gap measurements, top and bottom of tube to ring, whilst the JB has a single uniform gap.
Any knowledge as to why and which is better? Also, in sizing a JB from my SH, do I just take an average of the 2 gaps and use that when ordering the JB?
Apologies if this has already been covered.
0 x
Michele

Re: gap measuring differences SH to JB

Post by Michele »

I can tell you that the gap for MM is not uniform all the way around. William makes the top of the gap smaller so the cage doesn't twist and so you boys aren't slipping up out the too.

Hope that helps!
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
suziduzi

Post by suziduzi »

Thanks. So I should specify my usual lower gap and he'll adjust the top one to suit?
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

Right, he'll do that as a normal part of making the device. :)
0 x
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
suziduzi

Post by suziduzi »

Got it, thanks.

My wife has said the SH has to be sold to fund the JB which is a shame. I would have liked to have both as they are so different visually. The SH is soooo sleek, but I haven't got enough brownie points or cash to keep it and my eye has been irretrievably distracted by the JB!
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

suziduzi wrote:Got it, thanks.

My wife has said the SH has to be sold to fund the JB which is a shame. I would have liked to have both as they are so different visually. The SH is soooo sleek, but I haven't got enough brownie points or cash to keep it and my eye has been irretrievably distracted by the JB!
I get it! They aren't cheap by any means! We actually are waiting on our Revenge to come and we will also have the JB. Like you said two different varieties of device, that's why we're keeping both.
0 x
suziduzi

Post by suziduzi »

I get it! They aren't cheap by any means! We actually are waiting on our Revenge to come and we will also have the JB. Like you said two different varieties of device, that's why we're keeping both.[/quote]

:mrgreen:
0 x