Round vs Oval Baserings

For the gearheads in the audience
TMcDHJ

Round vs Oval Baserings

Post by TMcDHJ »

I need a few opinions. I'm getting ready to order my MM Jailbird.

I am presently in a CB6000S and am using a 1-7/8 base ring. Lately when it has been removed, we have been leaving it together removing and reapplying it in the same way we will the Jailbird. Getting it off is not very hard. Getting it back on is a little more difficult but not too bad. We have tried going to the 1-3/4 ring and cannot get my second ball through the ring. Oh we probably could but it would be painful.

I was wondering if going with the oval ring would affect this. According to MM, the 1-3/4 oval ring is actually about 1 7/8 wide by 1 5/8 tall. Since I really have no way to simulate a ring of this size I wasn't sure whether I would be able to get into this or if I should stick with the 1 7/8 round base ring.

I am very comfortable with it. I know the oval is suppose to be much more comfortable but I really have no trouble with the round.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last orgasm: 6/25/2013
Last Milking: 7/13/2013
Next Milking: 7/27/2013
Next Full Orgasm: Sometime in January 2014
Last edited by TMcDHJ on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Happily locked 24/7 since April 30, 2013
by my lovely wife and keyholder.

Currently wearing a MM Jailbird
KeyheldHubby

Re: Round vs Oval Baserings

Post by KeyheldHubby »

Hey TMCDHJ...

I have exactly two data points for you.

Before I got my Jailbird, I wore a home-built for a pretty long time (not continuous wear, though). The base ring was 1-3/4 inches and completely circular. With a bit of lotion to "ease the way," I could get the base ring on and off without too much difficulty. When I made the device, I actually made the base ring as a "split ring," just in case. But I found that I did not need to pull the pin at the top to get it on, so it was as if I had a solid ring. As I said, a bit of lotion after showering was all it took.

Fast forward to earlier this year, and the receipt of the MM Jailbird with an oval ring. I got the 1-3/4 inch base ring, so the vertical dimension is probably a bit less than 1-3/4 inches and the horizontal dimension is probably a bit more. Again, no issues at all, so long as I use a bit of lotion periodically (when Mama actually lets me out! :D ).

My scrotum is very sensitive to temperature. When the temperature is cold, it draws up naturally and I found it a bit more difficult to get the ring on. When the temperature is hot, I hang a lot lower, and find it much (MUCH) easier to get the base ring on.

Like you, I occasionally had "trouble" getting the base ring on with my home built. One testicle would go through just fine, but the other just seemed too tight. I've never encountered that issue with my JB though. Using a little lotion so I can easily twist / rotate the base ring seems to be the difference. Just the change in orientation from vertical to horizontal seems to somehow "make more room" and I can get the second testicle through without any problems. When the second testicle is through, and when I get everything straightened out, it's never been a problem getting my penis through afterward - whether with the circular home built base ring or with the oval MM Jailbird base ring.

I DO know that MM sells the sizing rings, but I think they're all round (someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

Good luck!
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.
Atone

Post by Atone »

I don't think there is much difference between the round and oval as far as getting the rings on. They are pretty much the same size as far as area is concerned and your bits tend to not be exactly round anyway. I suspect that the issue is more of technique than size.

Here is what I find works well. I put just a really small amount of lotion on the shaft of my penis to allow it to go through the ring easier. I start with my right testicle which is the larger of the two. I pull the skin of the scrotum through first then kind of push / pull the testicle through. Then I pull the the rest of the skin of the scrotum through. Then I push the other testicle through while gently pulling on the scrotum at the same time. Once both testicles are through I again pull the skin of the scrotum so it is as pull through as possible. Then I push the head of the penis through the ring just enough to grab it from the other side and pull the shaft through the rest of the way. This is where the shaft needs that little bit of lotion. It needs to be slippery enough to slide through but not so much that I cannot grab a hold of it. The key is staying flaccid the whole time, that is probably the hardest part :) .

I think if you practice this technique you will find that it works really well and that you can probably get on a much smaller ring than you could actually wear for an extended period of time.
0 x
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

I started out with a MM oval basering, and eventually changed to round because the gap dimension was more consistent with the cage ring. With the oval my right testicle would occasionally pop through the gap where it was wider due to the difference....the 3/8" gap effectively became a 1/2" gap at those positions. Since switching to round it has never happened.

I can't feel any difference in comfort with round versus oval, nor is there any difference in ease of putting it on. Have to 'work 'em through one at a time' with lube.

The MM sizing kit does indeed consist of round rings....and I can't emphasize how much having one helped me select a very comfortable device...except of course for those pesky erections! :D
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
TMcDHJ

Post by TMcDHJ »

Thanks for all the input. I tried the connected 1-3/4 ring again in the shower. With a little work I was able to get it on.
I have decided to go with the 1-3/4 but I think I'll wear it for a couple of weeks before ordering just to make sure it's not too small.

Last orgasm: 6/25/2013
Last Milking: 7/13/2013
Next Milking: 7/27/2013
Next Full Orgasm: Sometime in January 2014
0 x
Happily locked 24/7 since April 30, 2013
by my lovely wife and keyholder.

Currently wearing a MM Jailbird
Urcatcher

Post by Urcatcher »

I wore a lent cb6000 over a period of 2 months. I could only wear the two inch base ring and I was never comfortable.... Pinching, soreness, burning. I hated the poor hygiene, the idiotically designed vents, the hinged rings, the friction from the plastic .... Couldn't wear it for more than 3 days at a time.

I decided to get a jailbird. I carefully sized myself using the MM plastic sizing ring kit. I found that I could comfortably wear a 1 & 7/8" solid ring ( the 2" sizing ring actually was too big and I could slip out). I ordered my jailbird with a 1 & 7/8" oval ring. I've worn my jailbird pretty much 24/7 since the end of April with comfort.... No pinching, no soreness, no burning, and I've slept without any problems ..... Also, hygiene is easy. The difference for me between round (sizing rings) and oval (my jailbird base ring) did not make much of a difference. What makes a big difference in the base ring is that solid round/oval steel base ring is much more comfortable than blunt edged plastic base ring (Cb6000). The blunt edged shape causes soreness and isn't nearly as comfortable as the solid round steel ring. IMO the CB6000 is a horribly designed dangerous plastic toy that is not designed for long term wear. I have never came across a posting from a user who has worn both CB device and a properly sized custom fit MM device who didn't vastly believe that the custom fit metal device was incredibly more comfortable. CB users who haven't worn a properly sized custom fit steel device (not an off the shelf chrome cheap knockoff) really haven't the slightest clue what a huge difference in comfort there is.
0 x
Locked in a jailbird since end of April, 2013.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

TMcDHJ wrote:I have decided to go with the 1-3/4 but I think I'll wear it for a couple of weeks before ordering just to make sure it's not too small.
Good Idea.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Once both testicles are through I again pull the skin of the scrotum so it is as pull through as possible. Then I push the head of the penis through the ring just enough to grab it from the other side and pull the shaft through the rest of the way. This is where the shaft needs that little bit of lotion. It needs to be slippery enough to slide through but not so much that I cannot grab a hold of it.
I use a different method that lets me get a very small ring on- the penis goes thru *first*, all the way. Then I start pulling the scrotum skin thru, when there is enough I pop the first testicle thru. Then I pull as much scrotum thru as possible and pop the other testicle thru. I found this much easier than putting the penis thru last.

Maybe you guys have bigger balls than I do? I've never had a hold of another guy's balls, so I've no basis for comparison. As long as your balls aren't bigger than the hole in the ring it should work fine.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Urcatcher wrote:I have never came across a posting from a user who has worn both CB device and a properly sized custom fit MM device who didn't vastly believe that the custom fit metal device was incredibly more comfortable. CB users who haven't worn a properly sized custom fit steel device (not an off the shelf chrome cheap knockoff) really haven't the slightest clue what a huge difference in comfort there is.
Totally agree.

My problem was I didn't believe what I read and spent way too much time in the CB's before I ordered my first custom stainless steel device. I was also afraid my wife would freak out about the "hardcore metal look" and cost. Boy was I wrong. After a year and a half in plastic I showed my wife the Mature Metal website and told her I was thinking of ordering one. Well you think we were picking out a new dishwasher. She wanted to know about all the different features and benefits of each model.

Best chastity move we ever made was to invest in custom metal.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Atone

Post by Atone »

TwistedMister wrote: I use a different method that lets me get a very small ring on- the penis goes thru *first*, all the way.
I didn't mean to imply that my way was the only way, just that it is a good way and works well for many.

In theory if your way would allow a smaller ring than the penis in last way then once the balls were trapped you wouldn't be able to get the penis out until you unlocked (untrapped) the balls. And if somehow you did then you certainly wouldn't be able to put it back in. I suspect that isn't the case though due to the sheer number of guys trying to find a way to prevent pullout.
0 x