MM Questions (compared to 6000s)

For the gearheads in the audience
HeldForHer

MM Questions (compared to 6000s)

Post by HeldForHer »

It seems that the JB is the most popular MM device compared to their other models. Any thoughts on why?

Thanks for any advice!
Last edited by HeldForHer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Sub Cy

Re: MM Questions (compared to 6000s)

Post by Sub Cy »

First off let me preface this by saying I don't have a MM device. But I've done a bit of researching/talking about them (and metal devices in general) so here are my 2c

JB being the most popular... I think maybe the price combined with the ability to keep clean. The tube is more open so it's easier to keep everything clean.

Also, most people like shorter/smaller cages to "catch" the erection before it starts as that makes it more comfortable supposedly. In talking with MM they suggest the JB for shorter cage lengths as he can put a better bend on it, which I'd imagine makes it less noticeable. Now that bend thing was in response to a specific question about the QK vs JB, so it may not be the same for some of their other devices. But with those others you're starting to get way more up in the price range and most people suggest getting 2-3 rings at time of ordering...

Putting on a solid ring vs the constructed CB is pretty different. MM has a set of sizing rings, but you can also go to a local hardware store and get some various sizes of welded steel rings that will be similar, and may be cheaper since you have a starting diameter in mind from the CB. That's what I've done to narrow down the size ring I'll be getting, and even though I could like NEVER construct the smallest (think 1.5" dia) ring around my penis/balls I was able to get a 1.5" welded ring on just fine. Also, supposedly the solid ring helps problems with that irritation on the mating area.

I'll let others talk about ring sizes changing over time, but it's not too hard to get a new ring from MM supposedly, and again most people suggest having 2-3 (normally 2) different sized rings when you order. One for like more secure and one for when you need a little extra room.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

HeldForHer wrote:I'm two months into a cb6000s full time. I'm starting to consider an MM device and have a few questions.
Pretty cool to be at that point.
HeldForHer wrote:It seems that the JB is the most popular MM device compared to their other models. Any thoughts on why? Advantages or disadvantages compared to other MM models?
When it came out there was nothing like it. Really still isn't. If you want a cage type tube it is still one of if not the best out there. I went from my CB-3000 to a Jailbird sized about the same only a little shorter. Quickly realized I needed something much smaller. The only other MM device I would consider is the Queens Keep. That didn't exist when I was having mine made so it wasn't an option.
HeldForHer wrote:Also, I'm currently using the 1 7/8 ring with smallest spacer. I'd go to a smaller base ring except i get some occasional irritation with my current ring where the ring mates sith the top piece. I'm thinking of going slightly smaller diameter double ring. With the ring being solid, any problems fitting the boys through there?
Getting 'the boys' through the ring is more a matter of technique than it is size of the ring.
HeldForHer wrote:Also, should I maybe wait another few months with my current device to see if my base ring size changes over time before settling on MM dimensions?
That is a tough call. I ordered my first Jailbird after wearing my CB-3000 for less than a month. I had never seen a CB-3000 and when I discovered it I went out and bought one the next day. Then about two weeks later I discovered the Jailbird (from a poster on the old site named 'Chinese Bob') and I knew I had to have one. After spending a week or two mulling it over I ordered my first Jailbird. It was great. For a while. Then I realized it was just too big. I went through several devices before I got the sizing right. I think if I had waited a while longer I would have at least skipped one of those devices. The two devices that I wear / wore the most are the second Jailbird that I ordered and the first Steelheart that I ordered. I still wear that Steelheart almost full time even though I have two others that I ordered after that.
0 x
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

Hey great feedback and advice thanks!
Last edited by HeldForHer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

Forgot to ask, anyone know how much additional different size MM base rings are?
0 x
Sub Cy

Post by Sub Cy »

Extra base rings are under cock rings for some reason. A single is 55 and double is 95. From what I remember reading if you place an order with both a cage and base ring they make the base ring/gap fit both rings as supposedly if you order after you need to send the cage back to "ensure a proper fit"
0 x