MM security screw vs padlock

Living the real life under lock and key
inchastityat127
MM security screw vs padlock

Post by inchastityat127 »

Here's the short version:

I'm approaching one year in nearly full time chastity. The longer I'm locked, the more my wife likes to snuggle, spoon, and push her body against mine. She REALLY loves it when my cage "jumps" - her word, not mine - because she gets me so excited. What she really DOESN'T enjoy is the padlock from the Mature Metal Jailbird poking her as she pushes against me. I'm using the Abus padlock from MM and the sharp edges and the way it sits on top is not comfortable to her. After getting poked once again last night, she asked me if there was another option - so I told her about the security screw/key.

Here's my question(s) for those that use/have used the security screw on a MM product: I'm assuming it has a special pattern/method similar to the security lug nuts on vehicles? Or is it easy to undo without the key? Does the screw back out or seize up from continual wear? Will it "smooth" things out down there?

While I’ve never had an issue where I needed out immediately, having a screw I can’t remove versus a padlock that can be cut is a little daunting, to say the least.

Any other tips or suggestions?
0 x
cuyahoga
Re: MM security screw vs padlock

Post by cuyahoga »

My wife had similar issues with my padlock when spooning, and so when I ordered my MMJB, I went for the security screw. First, we had an issue where the front of the post turned out to be a sharp corner. Fortunately, I had another reason to send it back, so I asked if they could round off that edge while it was there, and it made a huge difference.

I have worn my MMJB without touching the screw for a record of, I believe, 23 days. The screw did not move during that time, never got loose or backed out.

As to getting out in an emergency … yeah, possibly an issue. I know EMT’s carry a special tool for grinding through jewelry. I have no idea how long it would take that tool to get through the MMJB steel

The security screw came with two tools, and while my wife keeps one, I have the other. I found rubber tubing with an inner diameter that is exactly the outer diameter of the tool. I drilled small holes in one end, and cut it just longer than the tool, and then secured the tool inside it with a numbered tag. All done from hardware store. I cannot use the tool to open my cage without either cutting the tag, or cutting the tubing, both of which would be impossible to restore. My wife has a picture of the numbered tag on her phone (I’m pretty sure she has literally never checked it, but it makes me feel better to know she could). I carry my emergency key sometimes. I mostly don’t worry about it.
1 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

Oh, before the MMJB, I would use a very small hair elastic, wrapped multiple times around the body of the lock, which prevented clicking against my cage when I walked, and also helped when we were spooning.

Thought I should add.
0 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Yes, it's a special pattern, and it is not at all easy to undo without the key. It comes with two keys though, so you can still have an emergency key. The keys are pretty industrial looking though, in case your wife likes to wear it around her neck.

Mine would back out a little until I started using just a small wrap of thread tape (the white stuff in the plumbing aisle that you wrap around threads on pipe connections). That has worked perfectly, no backing out and no problem unscrewing even after being installed for months without removal.

It definitely smooths things out and I much prefer it to a padlock. Another advantage as far as I'm concerned is the screw holds the cage more securely, it doesn't twist at all once it's installed. The lock would let the cage shift left and right a bit, which made it possible for a ball to escape now and then, which was painful. The only real downside to the screw is it's a little more difficult to get it on, as you have to line up the threads with the hole long enough to get the screw started. But my wife just said that if it's hard to get on that means we'll just have to take it off less often...

I definitely recommend the security screw. And yes, it's a little intimidating that it's not going to be easy to get it off without the key.
2 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

Normally, when my wife wants to release me, she just hands me the tool. A few nights ago, though, she came into the bedroom and instead of handing it to me, she kept it and started using it.

It was very fiddly to get the tool fitted into the screw head, and then finally she started turning it. And it takes a LOT of turns, and halfway through, the tool fell out of the screw head, so she had to get it back in, but now the head wasn’t locked perfectly still, so it was harder…

“Jesus Christ! How do you do this so fast?” she whispered in frustration.

“Motivation?” I quipped.

“Umm, yeah, except I’m really wanting your cock right now, so…” (Hmm, maybe “Hot things your keyholder had said” material?)

When I had to put the cage back a little while later, she was not interested in securing the screw, and instead waited patiently for me to hand over the tool when I was done and back in.

Yeah, it can be a bit fiddly, especially in the heat of the moment.
2 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I highly prefer the security screw, mostly for the reasons already mentioned. I would add that the screw holds the cage to the base ring so tightly that that the 2 pieces literally feel like one solid unit. There is zero wiggle. Also, the security screw option makes for a a smoother "profile" than either a padlock or an integrated barrel lock.

And yes, it's fiddly, but IMO this is minor problem, so worth it and . . . a good excuse for rarely removing the device.
1 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Steve2059

Post by Steve2059 »

My micro-cage has a security screw which is very comfortable since the whole locking mechanism is so small and smooth. But around three days is my limit with this one.

My long-term cages all use "magic locks" which have the top exposed, causing sharp edges that dig in to both of us but which are better once I've filed them down a bit.
1 x
CagedKC

Post by CagedKC »

My wife and I love the security screw option. It is much better than the padlock. If you tighten it pretty good, it doesn't back out. I have had mine on without removal for periods of 40 days with no screw movement. You will want to tell MM you want the countersunk head option so the screw can't be turned with pliers. You will also need to tell them if you are left or right handed so the get screw head on proper side. As a side note, when I was still using a padlock. I softened the edges and corners of the lock with a hand file and it did help.
3 x
Locked 24/7 since July 2018
MM Jailbird
Key Holder "Sexy Red"
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

M'Lady had her Jail Bird modified to have both the security screw and a padlock. The screw is to secure the cage and the padlock is mostly decorative. She likes to hear it tinkle against the bars when I walk and, like the lock on my collar, is engraved "Kitten's Property" to show she owns me!
IMG_2614.JPG
IMG_2614.JPG (50.35 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
2 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
Michele

Post by Michele »

KittensBoyToy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 am like the lock on my collar, is engraved "Kitten's Property" to show she owns me!
What kind of collar?
1 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast