Gauging up

Living the real life under lock and key
jgalt

Gauging up

Post by jgalt »

I've had 2 unsuccessful attempts now to stretch my PA from a 6ga to a 4ga in the last month. This time, I'm sore. I've had my PA a year or so at an 8ga, went up to a 6ga a month or two ago with not too much difficulty. This stretch is a tough one though! I'm using a taper and plan not to try again for a couple months. Any experiences?
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Re: Gauging up

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

I went from 12 gauge to 0 gauge in just less than a year with no problems, although to keep costs down I went back to the studio and paying only for the jewellery using his sterilised tapers and smaller increments, you need to remember that the cross sectional area increases considerably more as you get larger, especially when jumping two sizes, As I got larger I made my own tapers, A lot of the time it was more mind over matter, thinking you are going to tear and a case of going through the discomfort barrier !! Oh and yes plenty of slippery stuff helps :-)
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

It took me 3 months to go from 8 to 6.
It took me another 3 months until I slipped into a 4ga
I had tried earlier but ended up switching back down to 6.
I did use a taper but eventually the 4 just slipped right in.
The jumps get bigger as the gauges go up.
Just let your body tell you when you're ready.

Good luck! You're not too far off.
0 x
jgalt

Post by jgalt »

I'm going to a ringless Lori #5b (pretty short tube so the weight is not too crazy). I'm happy at a 6ga but ordered in a 4ga thinking that would be better based on what others have said. Is a 4ga worth the extra effort?
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

Every time i went up a gauge, once settled, it was better especially if you are relying on it to be part of the locking mechanism.
0 x
Teased247

Post by Teased247 »

Yea those jumps in sizes can be a bit uncomfortable to say it nicely ;-)

It took me a few attempts to go from a 6 to a 4 as well. I remember saying a few times "Screw This!! ... 6 is enough!" but within a few days I would find myself trying to stretch it again. Glad I did!

Take a look at your tapers ... are they long gradual ones or are they short and quick tapers? Also, are they really the size you are trying to go for? I noticed that one of my tapers (I had a kit that went from a 14 up to a 00) the one that went from a 6 to a 4 .. this one was was really more like a 6 to a 2. I chalked that up to why it was such a brutal jump. On the bright side, that did make the 4-2 jump a lil easier ..... still no walk in the park though. Also, as mentioned earlier, lots of lube/slippery stuff helps big time! I also found that a good 20 minute soak in warm salt water helped loosen the skin up for the stretching. Easing that taper in and out nice and slow, and twisting it seemed to help for me too.

I am really liking my 2g now. It has been 2 months and there is zero pain when tugging and twisting on the jewelry.

Should you go with bigger size? I would say yes. It makes sense when you think about how the bigger gauge will help to distribute any pressure or weight that may be tugging on it. With that, a cheese grater picture comes to mind ... the the bigger the gauge, the harder to slice through the cheese lol.

Of course, YMMV .... Good luck!
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

Yeah. When I got into 2ga I was really happy. It's worth it. Just don't force it.
0 x