Conventional Wisdom of MC Device Acquisition

Living the real life under lock and key
Tame Lion

Re: Conventional Wisdom of MC Device Acquisition

Post by Tame Lion »

Tom Allen wrote:That's my point. It's difficult to imagine someone with no experience just measuring his junk and getting a device that will be correct the first time.
We are in violent agreement :)
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
LockedandLoved

Post by LockedandLoved »

I say get the more expensive device right away.

Yes it's unlikely you will nail the measurement correctly the first time. I have sent the JB back three times for adjustments and could have purchased a whole new JB with the $$ I have spent.

However, a cheap device or a plastic device, IMO, is very unlikely to suit your needs if you are going full time and long term. So the money you spend on that initial device or two could be spent on adjustments to a more comfy , high quality device.

Besides the high end devices can be sold if you don't like them, quit chastity, etc. You will get some of your money back

Here was my break down.

Bought a Cb6000 for $150

Bought JB for $300. Resize $110. Resize plus pullout strip $160. Base ring $10

Total on JB $580. Total between both $730

If I hadn't bought the CB I would be out $580 over about two years. I could prob sell it for maybe $250-300.

So in reality I have spent about $280-$330 if I ever get rid of it.

For a device that goes around your penis and is worn all the time I don't think that's much money at all.
0 x
Trying to figure this out while keeping my sanity
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

It seems to me that the main point has nothing to do with which course of action is better. Based on my experience, when I first got interested I wanted to find out how it feels to be locked up; what living with a device on my penis would change for me. I suspect most people start with curiosity and then either give up the idea or continue on.

So, why would a guy who has never tried enforced chastity and whose partner (if he has one) has just heard about it, want to spend over $300 for something that might end up in a drawer after a few days of use?

The CB2000 was the first off-the-shelf male device that found its way into the market here in the US. Prior to that introduction in the 90's, there were only expensive custom devices with complicated measurements needed. The CB2000 cost less than $200 and came with enough fittings so that most men would be able to experience enforced chastity without further work. Also, you could order this device and have it in a week or less. I think we may have forgotten how much more attractive that option was.

Now, we have a wide range of ready-to-wear devices and only a few custom ones. I think it makes perfect sense for someone who wants to try this kink to go get a cheap cage or tube and try it. It won't fit perfectly and will probably irritate him, but at least he can decide if this works for him. I think the problem comes when people try to stay in these devices. This forum is full of posts about which lubes to use to keep the base ring from hurting. It shouldn't ever hurt. Lube is actually a bad long term idea. Skin wasn't designed to stay wet with anything long term. But that's another topic.

We should encourage newbies to get one or more cheap devices and experience enforced chastity. The price of entry should be as low as possible. Most, as we know, will give up in a short time. They will be out only a few bucks. Some will be in long term. Those of us who are caged full time should, of course, get custom devices and have them adjusted until the fit is as close to perfect as we can get it. After all, I'm in my cage 24/7 for 9 months now. I don't want any irritation. Who would?
0 x
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
grubber

Post by grubber »

I like many others started out with one of the CB series cages. Being new, it made a lot of sense to start with this simply from the practical perspective about whether I was going to like it or more importantly the Mrs.

Of course things cracked and broke and the Mrs was disappointed to the point of giving up. I knew that steel was the answer but could not justify spending money on a custom stainless device. Especially at this point where the Mrs. would have killed me if I did.

I found a cheap Chinese device for $20.00 (chromed) and got it with correct size base ring. Fortunately I am very handy and modified it in my workshop to where it was exactly what I wanted. It was very comfortable and was very easy to wear long term. I bought a second one and did the same mods to keep as a spare because I was concerned that at some point the chrome would come off in areas and start to rust although it never did. I have to admit that being a tinkerer, I have come up with an anti pullout for it that makes it a dream to wear.

I bought a new Chinese device $12.00 (real stainless) that was very close to the chrome design ones I have. Did all the mods to it and it it my current device. I bought a second one of these also just to have as an extra.

I couldn't ask for more out of a device. It is amazingly comfortable and should last forever. If not forever, I have the 3 backups that will take me to forever. So, for under $70.00 in steel device purchases, I have a device that I doubt any of the custom made ones could be any better for our purpose. In all honesty, there isn't a custom device out there except for the Steelheart that I would even consider purchasing anyway. Both me and my wife want zero access to touch or stimulate my special little friend except when the cage is off.

Buying a CB series device at the start is the best way to go as I doubt anyone could ever get the measurements close for a custom device without doing so. Not to mention the down time waiting for it to be made and the down time if it has to go back for modifications.

Isn't chastity supposed to be about being locked up? Downtime waiting for modifications to your device kind of defeats that purpose doesn't it?
0 x
LockedandLoved

Post by LockedandLoved »

Tame Lion wrote:It seems to me that the main point has nothing to do with which course of action is better. Based on my experience, when I first got interested I wanted to find out how it feels to be locked up; what living with a device on my penis would change for me. I suspect most people start with curiosity and then either give up the idea or continue on.

So, why would a guy who has never tried enforced chastity and whose partner (if he has one) has just heard about it, want to spend over $300 for something that might end up in a drawer after a few days of use?

The CB2000 was the first off-the-shelf male device that found its way into the market here in the US. Prior to that introduction in the 90's, there were only expensive custom devices with complicated measurements needed. The CB2000 cost less than $200 and came with enough fittings so that most men would be able to experience enforced chastity without further work. Also, you could order this device and have it in a week or less. I think we may have forgotten how much more attractive that option was.

Now, we have a wide range of ready-to-wear devices and only a few custom ones. I think it makes perfect sense for someone who wants to try this kink to go get a cheap cage or tube and try it. It won't fit perfectly and will probably irritate him, but at least he can decide if this works for him. I think the problem comes when people try to stay in these devices. This forum is full of posts about which lubes to use to keep the base ring from hurting. It shouldn't ever hurt. Lube is actually a bad long term idea. Skin wasn't designed to stay wet with anything long term. But that's another topic.

We should encourage newbies to get one or more cheap devices and experience enforced chastity. The price of entry should be as low as possible. Most, as we know, will give up in a short time. They will be out only a few bucks. Some will be in long term. Those of us who are caged full time should, of course, get custom devices and have them adjusted until the fit is as close to perfect as we can get it. After all, I'm in my cage 24/7 for 9 months now. I don't want any irritation. Who would?
The OP asked why not just jump to a more expensive custom model.

Given the fact that a Jailbird is about twice as expensive as the popular CB series you would think go CB.

However I don't know why too many people who do even a smidge of research would think enclosing your penis in plastic is going to be more secure or comfortable than steel. Yes it's twice as exp but we are talking about $150 more, hardly a huge sum of money. It's not like I'm encouraging people to go buy a Latowski.

There isn't a right or wrong way I just gave the OP my opinion
0 x
Trying to figure this out while keeping my sanity
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

LockedandLoved wrote:
The OP asked why not just jump to a more expensive custom model.

Given the fact that a Jailbird is about twice as expensive as the popular CB series you would think go CB.

However I don't know why too many people who do even a smidge of research would think enclosing your penis in plastic is going to be more secure or comfortable than steel. Yes it's twice as exp but we are talking about $150 more, hardly a huge sum of money. It's not like I'm encouraging people to go buy a Latowski.

There isn't a right or wrong way I just gave the OP my opinion
I don't disagree, but I don't exactly agree either. There is no question that steel is way more comfortable than plastic. What I like about starting out with one of the CB's is that it comes with a bunch of base rings and spacers. It gives the new wearer "instant gratification". The custom products take 6 to 8 weeks to get.
0 x
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
fineline

Post by fineline »

Yes it's twice as exp but we are talking about $150 more, hardly a huge sum of money.
That $150 maybe an insurmountable obstacle. I couldn't lay out that much cash in one chunk when we started - and I would have had it dead wrong. I also don't like how open the JB is.
0 x
grubber

Post by grubber »

fineline wrote:
Yes it's twice as exp but we are talking about $150 more, hardly a huge sum of money.
That $150 maybe an insurmountable obstacle. I couldn't lay out that much cash in one chunk when we started - and I would have had it dead wrong. I also don't like how open the JB is.
Some of us have to do this on a budget and can still have as much fun as anyone else. Been doing that with most things in life.

Probably going to start a JB war here which is not my intention, but I couldn't agree with you more fineline. Too much penis is exposed. Sure it must be easy to clean , making it a good candidate for long term and it will stop vaginal penetration or a hardon but not an orgasm or stimulation if one really wants to. I personally don't see how that is really chastity but everybody has their own preferences. We all have our own journeys and whatever anyone likes or works for them is OK with me.

One can also wear a completely enclosed or mostly enclosed device that does not allow any stimulation or orgasm. They also can be worn long term. It just takes a little more tenacity and discipline to keep them clean. I have worn an enclosed device for over 6 months straight without unlock whatsoever and never had problems with smells or sores or infections etc. The best part about the enclosed device for me is when I finally get stimulation from my keyholder, it is unbelievable and so wonderfully sensitive. I bet a full on orgasm would be incredible also when stimulated if only I was ever allowed one.

But I have to make a mention here. It seems that any time someone asks for advice on a steel device, the majority informs the new member to get a JB mostly or some other custom steel device and are very biased against other devices, especially the so called "Cheap Chinese Devices" even though the JB might not be the best fit anatomically or budget wise for the person asking. It kind of reminds me of the motorcycle world. The word bounced around there is "Harley" without any regard or knowledge about the other bikes out there. There are other bikes out there that ride far better, are more reliable, cheap to maintain, will last longer and meet multiple budgets and riding styles.

Some of us have to make do with the lesser priced vehicle. It doesn't mean we can't have the same fun and be just as happy with a cheap steel device. There are good ones out there and they are coming in real stainless now. The Mrs and I are in 7th Heaven with our "Cheap" choice. I'm sure that there are many others in the same boat.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

grubber wrote: I'm sure that there are many others in the same boat.
Was that a Bayliner or a Donzi? ;)
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
doctor_h

Post by doctor_h »

I have the HT2 and cannot imagine a steel cage being more comfortable or less visible. I would not desire much more weight.

As for security it can be easily destroyed but I have the tools to destroy a SS cage also.

I also like that the HR2 cage reduces the base ring opening making it more difficult to pull out than many other cages that do not take advantage of a piercing.

The HT2 is priced where I think it makes sense as a first device. It was my 3rd device with a CB knockoff and a silicon device being the first 2. I wish I had gone straight to HT2 (not really possible as it was not out) but going the sample route allowed me to learn what I did not like in devices. For example the silicon device taught me the value of a narrow ring.

Except for hygiene removal I was able to wear HT2 24/7 from day 1. My previous devices I was never able to wear more that a couple days straight.
0 x