[focused] down the road we go...

A place to blog about your thoughts and experiences
focUSed

Post by focUSed »

Great news, we did it! I can officially say, 'wife/keyholder' now! The ceremony was simple and straightforward, signed the paperwork, enjoyed a nice lunch at a local pub then went to our accommodations for the weekend. Hot tub was nice the several times we used it...locked and unlocked. Enjoyed exchanging cards and signing our contract. Have already had our one week 'anniversary' and conversation. Not too formal as it was over the phone, but hopefully that will change in the future.

It doesn't really feel that much different because not much in our situation has changed; sure, the vows and rings were significant, and at some level it definitely IS different, but otherwise things continue normally. We're both looking forward to when we're co-located as we anticipate there will be a change in the wear schedule but for now, it's only a discussion topic of what it may become.

Looking forward to ending the year on a high note (working the weekend and may even fit in a last ride of 2022 and first ride of 2023) and starting my first full year as a married, and locked, man!
2 x
Devices tried: BirdLocked (V1), CB-6000s, two DHGate devices (273 and currently wearing circular barstock ring version of the same thing)
Sam3655
Re: [focused] down the road we go...

Post by Sam3655 »

Congratulations. All the best for you and your wife.
0 x
focUSed

Post by focUSed »

2023 is off to a great start! Our visit the first weekend of the year began with her walking in the door WEARING her key on a necklace!! I need to cut the other one off to make it a little smaller and see if she still finds it suitable. Her concern is that the remaining size will be too small to be usable but I think it will work just fine. We shall see! It was quite the rush to see her wearing it so openly, even if it was while driving here alone (who knows where she stopped along the way; usually it's at least one time.)

She did also wear it when we went out for lunch which got my attention quite quickly because we also stopped to see her son (her jacket remained on, but still!) At a minimum, it opens the potential that she's open to more extended wear, especially if I can make it look less like a key to the casual observer but still have it remain apparent to those in the know. Or maybe even small enough to be a pair of earrings...hmmm! Hang on, it's going to be a great year!
1 x
Devices tried: BirdLocked (V1), CB-6000s, two DHGate devices (273 and currently wearing circular barstock ring version of the same thing)