[focused] down the road we go...

A place to blog about your thoughts and experiences
focUSed

Post by focUSed »

Prior to returning before Christmas last month, there was a directed pull out experience using the phone as a communication conduit (text), the results of which were documented in the 'Hot Things Your Keyholder Has Said' section. We had a good weekend upon my return, and another before the new year, but then I had to go back to shift work and IL to take care of Mom for another couple weeks.

For those interested in statistics our new record, due to my being away and out of touch, was 27 days straight (without the key being turned). The total for 2019 was that the lock was in place 70% of the time. The previous highs for those two classifications were 15 days and 43%; substantial increases in my opinion.

She seems to be more okay with it being on during runs now that I've demonstrated that it isn't painful or causing damage. Anything longer than about 6-8 miles will prob result in some low level, so may require consideration ahead of time, but since 5-6 is my normal mx length, we should be gtg for the time being.

And since we won't see each other until the 17th, 2020 will remain at 100% for another few days! hmmm...
3 x
Devices tried: BirdLocked (V1), CB-6000s, two DHGate devices (273 and currently wearing circular bar version of the same thing)

focUSed

Post by focUSed »

The 17th started a good weekend away, finally having a chance for the two of us to spend some quality time together without other 'distractions' normally present in our daily lives. Word to the wise, Pigeon Forge is not the quiet little burg I thought it was. It is more like a mini-Vegas, with all the lights and glitz and such. We attended the Hatfield and McCoy dinner feud, and wandered through the Titanic Museum prior to departing (28 deg water is COLD!)

The hot tub at the cabin got a few nightly workouts, quite enjoyable in the dark with a slight rain falling. Could have been snow, but we weren't that fortunate. For those following along on the count, it restarted the day we left but the 100% for 2020 was broken. No big deal, the percentage of wear days is still high. So far 17 days is the high count for the year and, assuming plans don't change until next week, Valentine's Day should be the next opportunity, at 19 days.

There haven't been any more pull outs, on my part or directed on hers. We've been reading with some interest the denial thread about how to ask to not allow full blown destinations and found a few websites discussing the topic as well. She is still slightly confused about the benefit of doing so, but is starting to come around to the idea that if it's something I would like, she could be onboard with it. As long as PIV isn't in question (it is not) and she can still direct them as desired, I think it is someplace we will eventually go. After all, the denial in a device is much the same, although the part about getting close, or having a chance to, is significantly removed. The real challenge will be during PIV, when she says to stop. I've done that before, and it is HOT! An even greater challenge, for her anyway, will be if there is any teasing, using hands or mouth to get me close, and then HER stopping. In any case, it's all fun!

We still haven't made any progress on finding a suitable munch or party location but the search sort of has fallen by the wayside given other events that occurred toward the end of last year and beginning of this one. We intend to keep searching; we just find that something we can both attend based on our complicated schedules is difficult to coordinate. But haven't given up hope yet and talking about what we might experience at one provides sufficient motivation at the moment to continue.

More in a bit; hopefully the next post will be more exciting with actual activities vs just mental postulating.
2 x
Devices tried: BirdLocked (V1), CB-6000s, two DHGate devices (273 and currently wearing circular bar version of the same thing)

focUSed

Post by focUSed »

Today is day 19 (for those who count anyway) of the device being in place, which is eight days short of our longest in 566 days of enjoying this. There have been no pull-outs, or really any play sessions. But we're planning on having a long-ish (for us anyway) weekend together due to the holiday Monday and hopefully it will begin when she arrives later this afternoon/tonight. We both are ready for some time together, although she's not feeling 100% at the moment and neither of us wants to get me sick. So we've 'agreed' to no kissing (yeah, right) and will use our lips and mouths on other body parts this weekend.

Maybe a wine tasting and movie, maybe just some Hell on Wheels at home...we shall see. I will come back next week to provide an update on how the weekend went! Hope everyone is enjoying 2020!
0 x