Modifying a CB6000s into a CB6000ss

For the gearheads in the audience
gfl

Modifying a CB6000s into a CB6000ss

Post by gfl »

My 6000s was around 1/2-3/4" too long, and after running across a thread on another forum about modifying the 6000s, I decided to do the same. Turned out to be a great decision; it fits perfectly, hygiene is way better, and it's way more comfortable. Figured I'd share, in case other folks might benefit!

Equipment:
CB6000s
Dremel tool with cutting wheel, wool polishing wheel, and maybe some grinding stones for getting rid of rough edges
Plastic epoxy (I used Loctite Plastic Epoxy)
220 grit sandpaper (feel free to get courser stuff, too; I had some 80 grit, but the 220 seemed to cut the best for some reason)

Directions: Basically all you do is cut out the tube portion with a dremel, attach the head to the base portion, and sand/polish smooth. Cut the cage in the middle first, then use the cutting wheel to get rid of most of the excess plastic from the tube portion, then sand it flat on each side with 220 grit sandpaper. Mix and apply a very thin layer of Loctite epoxy to both sides, adhere for a minute or so, lining it up just right, and then let set. The glue says to leave undisturbed for 20 minutes and then it'll take 24 hours to cure. I started sanding and polishing 4 hours later or so without a problem - basically using grinding stones to get rid of any really course stuff, little bits of 220 sandpaper to get it relatively smooth, and then the polishing wheel to get it completely smooth. Then I let it cure overnight and put it on in the morning.

Original thread: http://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/i ... ost-124243
IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
Last edited by gfl on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Atone
Re: Modifying a CB6000s into a CB6000ss

Post by Atone »

Moved and tagged due to graphic picture.

Please see here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14
0 x
gfl

Post by gfl »

Ah! Didn't realize - apologies! Deleted graphic pic - can we move it back, since it'll probably be more useful/searchable in the Device forum?
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

No worries. Moved back.
0 x
Locked4fun

Post by Locked4fun »

Thanks for the idea. Just did mine. Still waiting for it to cure so I can polish but tried it on and it's a great fit.
0 x
Len51

Post by Len51 »

I am lazy with extra cash laying around so I took the easy route and ordered a Jailbird to my exact size from Mature Metal. :) Nice job by the way.
0 x
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Locked4fun

Post by Locked4fun »

Ok, I've been wearing the modified device since last week. It's a much better fit and For the most part I am totally unaware of it's presence for the majority of the day. I even went for a 3 mile walk with my dog with temps below freezing and my balls were not the least uncomfortable.
The first night I woke with a raging erection that took half an hour to go away. Second night I slept through the night and if I was erect I was unaware. The last two nights I've woke with an erection but not as intense and went back to sleep relatively soon.
The sad thing is, I could actually go a little shorter. At least 1/4" and maybe 1/2". When flacid I reaally shrink.
0 x

Post by newbie »

I like it, nice job.
0 x
Last orgasm: October 20, 2016. Masturbated while locked. :(

Last PIV: been a while

Device used: CB6000s, Holy Trainer V2 (part time) Black Short and Clear Standard.
Currently locked part time in a Clear Holy Trainer V2 Standard, 40mm ring.
Gibson1506

Post by Gibson1506 »

Great job!! I wish I had seen this sooner! I might spend some cash and but another cage and shorten it! Looks great! Have you had any problems with it yet? Like the seam you made coming apart or anything? I know this is an older thread just curios.
0 x
Currently wearing: CB6000S

Mclovin-McCutcheon, is My Mistress, My KeyHolder, My Everything.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

My 6000s was around 1/2-3/4" too long, and after running across a thread on another forum about modifying the 6000s, I decided to do the same. Turned out to be a great decision; it fits perfectly, hygiene is way better, and it's way more comfortable.
Thanks to gfl's idea I dusted off the old CB6000s and made the very same modification. The MM Watchful Mistress will continue to be the "Long Hauler" in the line up as my wife definitely prefers stainless steel to plastic. As I mentioned in another thread, we will be cruising this summer and the WM I'm afraid won't make it past the daily security scan shore excursion. When relaxed the CB6000s was just a bit to long with me being about 1/2" from the tip of the cage. This sometimes created urine issues inside the cage. Now with the modification I sit right at the end of the cage and it feels pretty good, and just like my WM there's no room to grow. I did the modification this past week as gfl described and only swapped out of my WM this morning. I have had an active day so far and everything is still solid. Plan on sleeping in it tonight so we'll see how that goes. Will try a 48 hours stint before going back into the MW.

Really think the people at A.L. Enterprises should look into manufacturing a CB6000xs.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273