Best lubricants to use

Living the real life under lock and key
MrCage

Best lubricants to use

Post by MrCage »

Well well well...today is the first day in chastity. My wife and I have had a two week lead up to our ceremony of installation last night. I made it through the night, waking up a few times to mr wood being pinched by his new cage. So I have a CBCurve and I fit into it very snugly. We have the JO silicone oil but only the little tube that came in the box. I need to know what I can use for a lubricant that will make it through the day. I have read blogs everywhere and can't find a good thread. I read about using baby oil. Wonder if silicone is safe for the skin and absorption into the body. Please advise. Thank you.
0 x
It's good to be caged.
Michele

Re: Best lubricants to use

Post by Michele »

It kind of depends on the device... we use steel and started out using water based or silicone lube but have since switched to Aveeno body lotion. It seems to do its job lubricating, absorbs into the body well and even takes care of the skin keeping it soft and nice. It also doesn't get as gunky as the lube did.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
MrCage

Post by MrCage »

Wow that's a great idea thank you!
0 x
It's good to be caged.
Michele

Post by Michele »

MrCage wrote:Wow that's a great idea thank you!
You're welcome :)
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Belle

Post by Belle »

With the steel he likes Silicone lube, a drop lasts him all day and isn't slimy or gunky.
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
tjscooby

Post by tjscooby »

I'll second Lady M's Aveeno rec (it's also what my KH uses so we're always nicely stocked from my shopping trips). Although plastic can be very different than steel in terms of what and how often. Even I still sometimes use it twice a day (after shower and maybe before bed) - but with 2+ years in a steel device, how much/often I need it has definitely shifted lower. If there's been any irritation issues, gold bond healing works a little better.
0 x
Locked since 4-19-11. Currently in a MM PT
Atone

Post by Atone »

I used silicone for a while but found that it was a little too slippery. I only use hand lotion now and only a really little bit. I like to use a little on a q-tip applied inside the tube through the end of the steelheart and just a small amount around the ring, a couple of drops at the most.

My recommendation for you is to try a few different things and see what works good for you. It took a while to settle in on what I like best and will still use something else if a different situation comes up. Sometimes the answer to the problem is to just do something different as it changes the dynamics.
0 x
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

I have found that there is no one best lube/lotion for all people. Different skin types and climates simply make it vary too much.

During the day I prefer A&D ointment. Even the unscented ones smell a bit, but it really lasts and I only need a very little bit. At night I use Gold bond medicated skin lotion, it helps keep my skin healthy and works very well too.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
MrCage

Post by MrCage »

I tried some baby oil today but found it didn't stay long as I expected. Using Nivea body lotion now. It's what we have already. I will get the aveeno. Was looking at our sex lube. It's water based with glycerin. Don't know how long that would last.
0 x
It's good to be caged.
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

MrCage wrote:I tried some baby oil today...
Baby oil gel lasts much longer. I used to use that before I found A&D
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon