Help finding the perfect fit.

For the gearheads in the audience
GinMaestro

Help finding the perfect fit.

Post by GinMaestro »

All the experienced chastity wearers must get so bored of inexperienced men like myself and for that I apologise.

I am not large. about 3inches when flaccid and 32mm across. As a first cage what would be the perfect length to look for?

Thanks you for your help and patience.
0 x
cuyahoga
Re: Help finding the perfect fit.

Post by cuyahoga »

I think the first thing I would throw in is to say that a single measurement will be insufficient. I would be willing to bet that you’re three inches at one point in the day, 2.75 at another, and 3.5 at another. Most custom makers recommend multiple measurements over the course of multiple days.

But that’s just the start. Cages come in so many varieties, and I personally went through at least five or six “off the shelf” cages, finding this aspect of this cage worked, but this other aspect didn’t, and then that aspect of this other cage did work, but this other aspect didn’t, etc … until finally I was confident that I knew what I needed for not only length, but base ring design, cage length, width, curvature, and design of the tube (like closed vs open, and space between the bars). ((I had one off the shelf cage that seemed great, until I got an erection one night and my penis poked right out through the space between the bars at the front of the cage; full erection, seven inches straight out, with a small two inch long steel cage seriously constricting the first portion and making everything look scary. Never wore it again.))

To anyone new and trying to find the right cage, I recommend a two step process. First, start ordering cheap cages from China. Try various styles, compositions and sizes. Start with one, take note of what’s good and bad, and look for a second one that would improve on that, and then again and again and again …

Once you’ve got it narrowed down (no pun intended), look for a custom maker to take everything you’ve learned and create a device just for you. It can be expensive, but if you love chastity, and buy a good cage, it’s a one time expense that will pay you back with years of joy.

I recommend this process over just measuring, because my measurements personally would have me in a cage that I can’t wear long term. I need one just slightly larger than what most people would advise, and I know that because of a lot of experimentation.
1 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

cuyahoga wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:53 am I think the first thing I would throw in is to say that a single measurement will be insufficient...I need one just slightly larger than what most people would advise, and I know that because of a lot of experimentation.
Yes, measuring is just a place to get started. Only experience, gained through trial and error, will get you where you want to be.

I too have a larger cage/tube than what 'most' people advise. That's because the people who give that advice are basing it on a desire for maximum comfort, which is not what I'm going for. For me, a certain amount of discomfort is acceptable, even desirable, from both my wife's point of view and my own.
3 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Chastityat60

Post by Chastityat60 »

I have never in 3 years visiting here see anyone be put down in any way. Questions always welcome. Many answers can be found in prior posts, but reality says a new person would not read through thousands of topics to find that information. Welcome.
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Chastityat60 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:11 am I have never in 3 years visiting here see anyone be put down in any way. Questions always welcome. Many answers can be found in prior posts, but reality says a new person would not read through thousands of topics to find that information. Welcome.
More normal new persons would not read through thousands of topics, but I did. :D It took a long time, but it was a lot of fun and very educational.
1 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

WifeIsVanilla wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:28 pm
Chastityat60 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:11 am I have never in 3 years visiting here see anyone be put down in any way. Questions always welcome. Many answers can be found in prior posts, but reality says a new person would not read through thousands of topics to find that information. Welcome.
More normal new persons would not read through thousands of topics, but I did. :D It took a long time, but it was a lot of fun and very educational.
I read a lot too. But I had already started in chastity 10 years before joining this forum.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
GinMaestro

Post by GinMaestro »

Not sure if anyone else has tried this? I have used a length of ribbon which I have been tying around my scrotum and cock and wearing for a few hours to test the comfort. I can then squeeze out and measure the size. Just hope I have tied the ribbon firmly enough. Should I always be aware of it or should it be tight enough that I can still forget I have it on? At the moment a 45mm ring would be the correct fit I think.
0 x
pseudonym of the sea

Post by pseudonym of the sea »

my experience has been that for ring size, when I first started my body would only tolerate say 55mm. even that became fairly painful after a day or two of wear, even going slowly as so many guides recommend. the scrotum etc itself needed to adapt. after some time (maybe 30 days in the cage over four months or so) my body has adapted and 50mm is comfortable and my next ring size will be 47mm. but there's absolutely no way I could have started there.

cage size has been less of a body-adapting thing for me and more of just getting the right cage.

I had a good experience starting with CherryKeeper because they're comparatively cheap and there's a huge selection. (there's a companion site to navigate all the options now, instead of the terrible shapeways ux! cherrykeeper.com )
0 x
heightenedstate

Post by heightenedstate »

Agree trial and error is required and may take months and/or several devices until you find "just right". There are many competing variables to consider; be patient. I found some good advice when purchasing my last one; to measure yourself erect and select a tube length about half that measurment and a diameter about 75% of your own. For the ring, use a ribbon or tape and get a snug measurement and buy closest to that, and the next size down.

I prefer a tighter fit which can get pretty uncomfortable when things get exciting, but that just makes it better. Most of the time, in 24x7 wear, i'm not hard (even though I am aroused) so the tighter fit is comfy.

I did find an affordable Chinese product on Amazon that has worked really well for me. Only drawbacks are the pull out attachment is extremely painful/impractical for long term and the tube is all bars (great for hygiene but leaves perhaps too much surface area exposed and straining against the confines). I do want to eventually buy full custom with PA but for now, this works. Good luck.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0951 ... UTF8&psc=1
0 x
UltraWhiteStar

Post by UltraWhiteStar »

The specs for a perfect fit are not only dictated by your individual anatomy but rather what kind of experience you want to get out of this. Some of us want the device to be a deterrent and a symbol of their keyholders power. Comfort takes precedence over security. Others relish the restrictiveness and value security over comfort. They often welcome discomfort and even pain as it is a tribute to their keyholder. As a consequence, the perfect fit means something different to them. Is the perfect fit a device that you are unaware of until you are being teased? Or do you want a constant reminder of your submission to your keyholder? Should the cage deter you from having an orgasm or should it punish you? So instead of looking only at specs, you have to ask yourself what the cage should achieve for you and your keyholder!

Next you look at plausible, well-meaning advice on how to judge yourself realistically and how to measure as can be found in this forum. But don't fuss too much, get a cost-effective device and begin your journey. There is nothing than the first time you put on a cage... Wear it when you go to friends or to a party, don't take the keys with you, enjoy the excitement, deal with the discomfort of your secret. Try to get it off, to pull out, to orgasm in the cage. Is it too easy? Find out what works for you and what doesn't. Get another cage that you think addresses these issues. Is it better or worse? Test different materials, they have great impact on comfort, hygiene and how they make you feel (the thrill of locking a stainless steel cage is different than a plastic or silicone device). Push through the adjustment phase when your tender parts still adjust to the cage. Some pain is expected and acceptable. Wear your cage as long as possible to get used to it. With practice and better suited cages, your discomfort should get less and less (if that is your goal). In time, you may feel uncomfortable or naked when you are not in the safe embrace of your locked cage. Enjoy the impact of longer-term orgasm denial for the first time. Watch, how your keyholder grows bolder and uses your need to bend you to her will...

So many great things to experience as a beginner!
2 x
Not in control.