Metal Detectors

Living the real life under lock and key
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Metal Detectors

Post by sirmebane »

TSA pre-check means you go through the metal detectors MOST of the time but they do have a policy of sending random people in the PRE through the millimeter wave machines. Scanners will catch ANYTHING that isn't human flesh so risks still apply even with all plastic cages and locks.

Metal detectors can be set to low and high sensitivity and newer units (more expensive ones) have multiple loops in the arch to indicate WHERE on the body (vertical position) the metal can be found. Passing through a metal detector once doesn't mean you're going to do it 100% of the time.

Venues with a lot of traffic and a need to not hassle with false alarms will set them to low sensitivity. When volume drops or threat levels increase, they can dial them up and find the iron in your blood. Just be prepared for the conversation when you get busted. I honestly think that if I wasn't traveling with co-workers, I'd be okay with telling the TSA all about my locked cock and chastity.

My wife would die a thousand deaths and frequently requires me to unlock anytime there is a possibility of metal detectors.
1 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
Macy has keys
Last orgasm: October 12th, 2021

Post by Macy has keys »

noid51 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 pm I’m wondering if the sliding brass cylinder lock on a plastic device would set off a metal detector. I’m going to a music concert Saturday night and thinking of going locked. Doesn’t seem like much metal for the detector. I thought that if I did get beeped, I could just explain that I had some “jewelry” down there. I’m sure there’s lots of pierced individuals in this city that would run into the same situation. We’ll see.
Probably no more than a zipper would 🤔
1 x
Married to Lock me ❤️ 🗝
inchastityat127

Post by inchastityat127 »

I have gone through several airport metal detectors both in the US and Europe (Frankfurt and Prague) wearing a CB knockoff and a very small brass padlock without issue over the past several years. My belt did not have a metal buckle.

I figured the metal in the brass lock was less metal than in a belt buckle I’ve passed through without issue in the past. Now I’d never try to go through wearing my MM JB.

The next time I fly, my MM JB will be in my carryon and I’ll take care of things after security.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Over the years, I have taken my MM JB through airport security in my carry-on at least 100 times. One time they had the x-ray screen angled so I could see the contents of the carry-ons as they passed through the machine. I was surprised at how brightly the stainless steel of the JB was shining on the screen. All of its details were extremely visible. Evidently, it is easy for them to see that it is not a weapon, and it has never been questioned.

A few years ago, going through security at the Amsterdam airport, my carry-on was randomly pulled aside for a hand search. I don't remember why, but on this occasion, my JB was in my checked bag and my Holy Trainer was in my carry-on. During her search, the female security officer pulled out the HT's carrying case which the manufacturer has labelled in VERY LARGE letters, "Holy Trainer - Male Chastity Device." She held the case in her hand for a long moment as she read the label. After slightly hesitating, her somewhat confused look gradually turned into a big smile. She then continued with her search.
5 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
LuckyEddie

Post by LuckyEddie »

I was a TSA screener for 8 years, the metal detector settings should be uniform throughout the federal airport system, but they are not. I have had more than 1 caged person come through, and while it can be a bit embarrassing for the passenger it’s not real big deal for us. We have seen some pretty strange things on the checkpoints, and in baggage when we were hand screening everything that came through.

WBI's (Whole Body Imager's) WILL catch a device, no matter how small it is. They can spot a cellophane candy wrapper, a plastic or metal cage is going to ring bells. The nice things is, the screeners only get a location or the anomaly not any kind of idea what it is.

In this format I would normally suggest that one remove their device before screening and then reinstall it after, if at all possible. If you partner knows you are going through screening and refuses to provide you with the key or use the plastic numbered locks then it seems the intent is to embarrass, and you just have to live with it (or enjoy it, depending).

Eddie
4 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Betterthansmith wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:52 am
The big arms-up stand in scanners - are those metal or can they 'see' other materials?
The "arms up scanners" do "see" contours caused by 3 dimensional mass. i.e. MC cage, prosthetic limb, urinary catheter, colostomy bag, etc.

Even before starting chastity, I would always "Opt Out" of the scanners / metal detectors and request a "pat down" inspection. (Political reason. Kinda like vax - I don't want the gov getting into this level of minutiae in my life.) When performed correctly, an inspector might well be able to detect that one is wearing a MC device. I have not worn mine when flying. Just trying to maintain a low profile. A scanner will show the device on the inspector's screen.
1 x
LuckyEddie

Post by LuckyEddie »

jfenoffti wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:15 pm
Betterthansmith wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:52 am
The big arms-up stand in scanners - are those metal or can they 'see' other materials?
A scanner will show the device on the inspector's screen.
All the scanners in the USA now days show a stick figure on the screen with the area of the anomaly highlighted using a box. No one hiding in a room looking at really, REALLY, grainy representations of the human body (believe me, those pictures are anything but attractive). You can even see the screen the screener uses to determine where the anomaly is located at.

Eddie
0 x
jsmith12

Post by jsmith12 »

Thanks to everyone for comments on this thread.

i'm nervous about an upcoming 1st locked flight. seems like kink3d cobra (plastic) with metal magiclock/furniture lock is going to not-set off metal detectors, but totally show up in the very-common USA/TSA backscatter machine.

...so hopefully the agents don't choose to ask questions based on the backscatter, and if they do, hopefully "body jewelry" is a quick short explanation for a pass. we'll see.
0 x
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

Questions on backscatter simply means a pat down. Regardless of the plastic or metal involved, the machine will determine there is something dense and flag it for investigation. The only means of investigating what the machine flags is some personal contact with the screener.
1 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
jsmith12

Post by jsmith12 »

I ended up agreeing with KH, before flight, on how i could lock in bathroom after getting through the backscatter.

I'm very interested to know if people have gone through backscatter in a plastic cage w metal furniture/magiclock, if TSA asked questions, or what the whole experience was.
0 x