Holy Trainer official vs knock-off

For the gearheads in the audience
locktom

Holy Trainer official vs knock-off

Post by locktom »

Does anyone have experience of both an official holy trainer and a knock off? I’m looking at:

https://www.holytrainer.com/chastity-li ... y-shop.asp

Vs

https://www.houseofdenial.com/collectio ... 5337407549

I’m happy to pay for quality but wonder if it’s really worth the difference. I also wonder if the HoD product is just a Chinese knock off I can get even cheaper on AliExpress.

Thanks all.
0 x
slave d

Re: Holy Trainer official vs knock-off

Post by slave d »

i’ve had both in V4 nub size. The official was much better made but split (twice, original plus the only replacement they would send, both only lasted under 6 months). In my case the knock off stunk of cheap plastic to the extent i wouldn’t wear it plus the 36mm A-ring (which i need) wouldn't fit at all and the 40mm was warped. For some time i wore the official 36mm A-ring with a s/s knock of nub tube so i could get away from splitting but in the end the fact you simply cannot wear any of them for more than a few days without removal for cleaning sent me back to a s/s open cage which i now wear for months at a time without issue. It actually has a hinged A-ring which i was very leary of but it’s been fine and is the first small enough A-ring for me. So in my view i’d buy a knock off as you will probably change before long and it comes with multiple rings to try. You will definitely find exactly the same units cheaper on DHGate which is where i’d go but watch for postage times which can be horrendous out of China since covid. Maybe try eBay or Amazon (Amazon is very quick into NZ for what that’s worth).

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

I had both and would say to spend the money on the real deal. The biggest problem I had with the knock off was the fit between the ring and tube. It required a fair amount of file work to get it to align well enough to accept the lock. This resulted in some play causing the gap to be bigger than it was supposed to be.
1 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
locktom

Post by locktom »

Many thanks for the replies. I’m in a MM jailbird which is great long term, just looking for something compact (nano or nub) for shorter term wear when I don’t want the bulge of the jailbird.
0 x
Steve2059

Post by Steve2059 »

HoD does sell Chinese knock-offs and you pay a premium. But I used them because they keep stock to hand so delivery is in a day or two, not weeks or months.

I wear steel devices and find the quality to be excellent with no rough bits to chafe. My experience with HoD HT though was that the tube-ring fit was poor.
0 x