Cylinder Lock Jammed by Corrosion - Evotion Orion

For the gearheads in the audience
Peroxide
Cylinder Lock Jammed by Corrosion - Evotion Orion

Post by Peroxide »

TLDR: The Cylinder lock securing the apadravya Pin on my Evotion Wearables Orion is stuck shut. Possibly due to corrosion. Looking for advice.

This is a bit embarrassing, but I'm stuck in my cage and my Key holder is displeased not to have access.

I got a custom Orion with an Apadravya pin this spring. Within a few months the cylinder lock securing the pin was more corroded than thr cylinder that I'd worn for over a year in my HT3.

We got a new one , and following some advice, I've been putting some silicon lubricant in it at least once a month.

Well this one got jammed shut a few weeks ago, and using the key and some force I got it off. Soaked it in some CLR, and it was turning again. Put it back on, and now about a week+ later I can't manage to get it off again.

Anyone manage to fix a situation like this?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Cylinder Lock Jammed by Corrosion - Evotion Orion

Post by TwistedMister »

Don't know what 'Apadravya pin' is and too lazy to look it up this AM.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Did you try WD40, wait a while, then apply more WD40?
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

TwistedMister wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 am Don't know what 'Apadravya pin' is and too lazy to look it up this AM.
This is a vertical piercing through the top of the head.

Hey @Peroxide , is the barrel lock completely enclosed? And where is it in relation to the tip of the Orion?

If this is serious, we might have to see a picture. Do they have one on their site?

Edit: Never mind, here's the site:
https://www.evotionwearables.com/custom ... rion-3xgpt

I'm assuming that the lock is set up the same as the PA style, with the barrel lock completely enclosed.

I'm also going to assume that part of the problem may have been caused by stray urine going down the shaft of the piercing and into the lock. If it's possible, tip it as far on it's side as you can and work some silicone lube into the lock hole, and try working the tang back and forth with the key. I can't tell from the site, but if they are using cheap Chinese locks, the springs may have corroded and are not moving the tumbler out of the way when the key is inserted. Those locks only have 1 working pin/tumbler (at the end with the moving tab); if this were me, I would be trying a lot of key wiggling at various angles to see if I could bounce it loose.

It's too late to point out that when the lock first gave you problems, you should have tossed it out and replaced it with a new one from Holy Trainer or Keptforher.com. They sell the original German made locks.
2 x
Peroxide

Post by Peroxide »

Well thanks for the advice and info Tom. I'm not having any luck this evening. I've lubed wiggled and pried at it and it's not budging.

I'm still not sure how the lock works on the inside.
pixlr_20201118180742493.jpg
pixlr_20201118180742493.jpg (56.88 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
Top left: The type of lock,
Top right: The face of the lock,
Bottom left: without turning the key
Bottom right: as far as the tab currently turns even when I apply leverage.

Considering getting some compressed air and wd-40 to see if that helps.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

+ some needle-nose pliers for extra leverage? If that didn't work, I might consider drilling.

There have been some guys here, who would think a non-functional lock was a dream come true.
1 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

TwistedMister wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 am + some needle-nose pliers for extra leverage? If that didn't work, I might consider drilling.
This was my thought. Except they would need to be really fine needle nosed pliers, perhaps jewelers pliers, since that opening won't leave much room.

However, the lock end seems to have a hollow depression, which might be a good place to start drilling (at a very low RPM) if it came down to that.
0 x
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

I had one beak. The cylinder turned but not the end which held it in place. Luckily it was an open design and I could stick a screwdriver under the end piece and force it up. For this reason I only use a padlock from now on. As Tom suggested, buy one of the German ones. I did, but still do not trust them because after all, they are made to close cabinets not for the use the chastity cage makers use them for.

I like the ABUS brass padlock. I tried the new AlumiinumTi ones and they came difficult to open after taking a few showers and wearing them for a few weeks so I went back to the heavier brass locks. If it ever fails, I simply use a small bolt cutter and snip snip and it is off. I have been locked 24/7 for years and do not trust the cabinet locks, especially the ones that come with most chastity cages as they are the cheapest ones you can get. BTW, the lock that failed me was a HT one.

What you can also do is what I do. After a shower I use compressed air to blow out any water. Then I apply some lightweight oil into both where the key hole is and the top where the bolt locks. Been doing this for 10 years with the ABUS lock and it still works like new.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Hey @Peroxide , I spent a few minutes at the Evotion site, and I have good news and bad news. The good news is that they appear to be using the better quality Burg Wachter barrel locks.

The bad news is that they appear to be using the better quality Burg Wachter barrel locks.

You may need to get a tiny flat blade screwdriver and try to pry the locking tab backwards to the position where you can push the entire barrel back out (or pull it out with the key).
0 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Wondering if he ever got out...
0 x