Smaller base ring?

For the gearheads in the audience
Jimmybastille
Last orgasm: July 7th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 5
Smaller base ring?

Post by Jimmybastille »

I prefer a solid base ring to s hinged one and I am comfortably using a 45mm base.. however.. I've noticed lately that it's not as tight as it was in the beginning. It wasn't uncomfortable or slowing blood flow, just snug.
I have a 40mm base that was very tight when I first tried it on, I'm wondering if I should try the 40mm again?

Is it shrinkage??
0 x
Naivety in adults is often charming, however coupled with vanity it's indistinguishable from stupidity.
slave d

Re: Smaller base ring?

Post by slave d »

i doubt it's anything other than you getting used to what you’re wearing. There’s no harm in trying the 40mm again, at worst you can change back. FWIW over 7 years i went down from 45mm to 36mm and now have a hinged s/s unit that’s oval and more like 33 vertically and 37 horizontally. To me it doesn’t matter what the mm say it’s what fits and dies the job. The new hinged one took about a month to get used to but it’s fantastic now.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

A hinged ring that doesn't chafe and irritate?
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Tom Allen wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:04 am A hinged ring that doesn't chafe and irritate?
i am in a similar one to this:

https://m.dhgate.com/product/newest-loc ... 3557827:13

i’ve now been 24/7 in it for about 6 months. i had some hinge issues initially as i’d tried a size too small and a used some issues, so i’ve now got a small piece of silicone tubing over the joint and it’s great. Looking at putting some shrink-tube on it next time it’s off ... if ever !!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

I tried shrink-tube, it ended up being too hard and stiff after shrinking. It was even more irritating than the hinge itself.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
slave d

Post by slave d »

Thanks for that, saved me experimenting. The silicone tube is just fine and i suspect i could now go with nothing covering the hinge if needed anyway. i only needed the silicone because a previous (too tight) device had irritated the area.

MsM’s ld

FWIW: just did a quick google and you can get heat shrink tube that remains flexible if anybody wants to try that option at any stage.
1 x
New Zealand
Jimmybastille
Last orgasm: July 7th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 5

Post by Jimmybastille »

I just might try the 40 again and see how it goes.. I do like the snug feeling..
0 x
Naivety in adults is often charming, however coupled with vanity it's indistinguishable from stupidity.
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

Your balls hang down or bunch up to get warm so your ring will feel tight at times. After 10 years I went from a 45mm to 50". Rule of thumb is to get the smallest sized ring that you can slip a fingertip barely under and you then you are good to go. A tighter ring is actually more comfortable because the ring does not rotate or move around as much. A bigger ring will move and cause irritation. I have three sizes of rings for the various devices I have worn in the last decade. The design of your cage also comes into play. I have shrunk to the point that my penis is inside my body and has to be dug out to show its tiny tip. This is because my cage is right next to the ring and holds my dick inside my body so all you see is balls. Due to this, I can go with a bigger ring. For my Jailbird, my first cage, a 45mm ring fits well but my dick is so small now that the Jailbird looks empty. As I got smaller and smaller cages, I was able to increase the ring size. Here is a picture of what I wear, but not me:

As you can see, my balls are spread by the cage and will not slip through the larger ring I wear.
1 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Tom Allen wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:04 am A hinged ring that doesn't chafe and irritate?
I bought an HBS051 from fancybondage: https://fancybondage.com/collections/ma ... age-hbs051 with a hinged ring, and it was fine. I worried about chafing, pinching, irritation, but I only noticed a slight bit at first, then just didn't notice anything. No sore spots. Longest spell with it on was about 5 weeks with no removal, and no irritation. I was surprised.

But it's also the only hinged design I've worn, so maybe that's just me. OTOH, I kept pinching the top of my sack with the alignment pins when putting it on (even drew blood once). Hmmmm, painful to put on, not painful to wear, easy to clean, could be trouble.
0 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Jimmybastille wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:37 pm I prefer a solid base ring to s hinged one and I am comfortably using a 45mm base.. however.. I've noticed lately that it's not as tight as it was in the beginning. It wasn't uncomfortable or slowing blood flow, just snug.
I have a 40mm base that was very tight when I first tried it on, I'm wondering if I should try the 40mm again?

Is it shrinkage??
It's probably just your balls getting used to being pulled slightly away from your body, letting some of the flesh move from directly under the ring to somewhere in front of it, so the part encircled by the ring is narrower. That's what I noticed back when I first started wearing a CB6k - I went down a couple of ring sizes over the first year of frequent use. I'd say go for it with the 40mm - if it's still uncomfortable, go back to the 45mm.
1 x