Steel to plastic

For the gearheads in the audience
HinAndHerKink

Steel to plastic

Post by HinAndHerKink »

In the past I've worn plastic CBs, but my current GF gave me a steel device last Xmas. No, I don't know the make and model.
The thing is, she's showing interest in keeping me locked for longer periods, but while the steel device is well made and generally comfortable, the sheer weight of it makes it drag down, and leaves me with painful bruised balls if I wear it for more than 24-36 hours (especially if I get teased to get hard. Which she likes to do.).
So I'm looking for something lighter which can be worn for longer without injury.
The thing is, whilst my cock is pretty average in length, it's pretty thick.
Years ago I had a CB2000 that I could wear comfortably for a week- but it turned out to be a Chinese knock-off that split in half when I got particularly aroused one day.
After that I tried a CB3000, not found that the tube was just too narrow. If I managed to cram my cock inside, it was so tight even when soft, I couldn't pee, so that swiftly limited how long I could wear it.
So now I'm looking for recommendations for something light enough for extended wear, but without a narrow tube.
(Edited for autocorrect error)
0 x
Devoted2Her
Re: Steel to plastic

Post by Devoted2Her »

I dont like the weight of metal either, I am not ready to get a PA piercing and no matter if I use the smallest ring possible metal always sags way down when soapy in the shower. I am experimenting with 3D printing my own resin cages. I have one design being tested by a few people who want long term wear and is highly customizable for size but I am not ready yet to sell to general public
1 x
HinAndHerKink

Post by HinAndHerKink »

As I said on your post, that sounds promising. How would you gauge for size?
0 x
sls01234

Post by sls01234 »

I agree the tube is to narrow that is the one draw back to the 6000. My wife does not like steel so I have to stay in plastic.
Last edited by sls01234 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
CB6000
slave d

Post by slave d »

i think most people will find eventually that a reasonably open, well made and so reasonably lightweight, stainless steel device, becomes the go to item when long term locking is desired. Plastic is fine but you simply cannot do any long term lockup with it as there’s no real way to deal with cleanliness etc. MsM started me in plastic, went to steel, went back to plastic and then again back to steel and in the end for us there’s no substitute for stainless steel. It’s a matter of finding the right model and correct sizing that makes the difference.

MsM’s ld
4 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Jimmybastille
Last orgasm: July 7th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 5

Post by Jimmybastille »

I started with plastic and switched to metal.. I hated to have to unlock for cleaning. Keeping the tube clean was a pain...
I do unlock to clean the metal.. but not as often and it's usually just the base.
The correct size base was the trick for me.. no sag at all.
1 x
Naivety in adults is often charming, however coupled with vanity it's indistinguishable from stupidity.
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

@HinAndHerKink

Most of my testers have been into chastity and have a reasonable idea of the ring size they can tolerate and I have them measure from the base of their shaft on the bottom to the tip and also measure diameter (flaccid), but for the most part they had metal sized cages they were comfortable in so we just took those measurements as well, I adjust my files and print to their expectations and wants
0 x
Tessasissy
Last orgasm: July 11th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 5

Post by Tessasissy »

My thoughts on this are that the resin cages are fine for short term wear as most of them are to enclosed so don't alow the skin to breath, Also these resin cages alo seem to be porous to some degree so they trap dirt and bacteria.

When it comes to 3d printed cages most of these seem to be more open in nature than the resin cages and are again great but mostly for shortish durations. Whilst the plastics are skin safe, they are to some degree porous, mostly due to the manufacturing process. As such they can trap more dirt and bacteria. Thus full cleaning is required more often to maintain hygiene and prevent smells.

With this in mind plastic devices are fare more likley to create sore or irritated areas of skin due to the porosity and bacteria, which they can harbour.

The stainless steel devices require more accurate measurements for better fit in general due to the additional weight. But they are far more hygienic and non porous and can be made more secure. As said before the more open devices can be pretty light weight.

I have been wearing a 3D printed device for the last 6 months and it is relatively comfortable and light weight. But it requires removal every three or four days. Where I belive it is reasonable to expect substancialy longer periods between removal for stainless steel depending on design.

In general it appears that a vast majority of long term wearers use metal devices for the above reasons.

I am waiting for delivery of my Lori's 16 stainless steel device for precisely these reasons. It will reduce the number of un locks and their duration with improved hygiene and security.
1 x
Mlocked7
Last orgasm: July 14th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 12

Post by Mlocked7 »

I have switched to steel as my primary cage. It's secure and easy to keep clean. This is my current cage, and I'm not affiliated in any way with this store but it is comfortable for an average sized guy
https://www.amazon.com/TERNENCE-Conveni ... th=1&psc=1
1 x
HinAndHerKink

Post by HinAndHerKink »

Thanks for the contributions folks.
Mlocked7, how does that one sit when you are wearing it? Looks like the tube would tip down, pushing the bottom of the ring to press on the plumbing to your balls?
0 x