Emergency keys are important!

Living the real life under lock and key
Whynot

Emergency keys are important!

Post by Whynot »

I've been caged 24/7 since 2018, for the past two years in a Holytrainer Nub. I'm usually only out for 15 minutes a week for "maintenance" (washing and a quick shave). My partner lives in the same city, we normally see each other at the weekend and usually also once or twice during the week. She holds the key (obviously), but I've got an emergency key. It's in a small metal tube, secured by a numbered plastic seal so I can't "cheat" (not that I would do that, but still).

Anyway, that's the background. How important that emergency key is became clear when I suffered a stroke some months ago. It took me a few minutes to understand what had happened, then I called an ambulance, knowing full well how important it is to get to the hospital as quickly as possible. That left me under 10 minutes to make a couple of short phone calls, throw some stuff into a small bag and to get out of the cage. That was easy - I just cut the plastic seal and took it off. I was in hospital some 30 minutes after I had suffered the stroke, and treatment started straightaway after the usual CT.

What happened to me may serve as a reminder to everyone that you need to be able to get out of your chastity device quickly and easily in an emergency. If my partner had, for instance, hidden the key somewhere at my place, I wouldn't have been able to get out so quickly. Never ever. And you don't want to be in your chastity device if you need to go to the hospital in such an emergency.

So guys, no matter what you do, make sure you can get out of your chastity device very, very quickly!

By the way, I had to stay in hopital for six days. As soon as I was home, on went the cage ... :D Everything is alright now, I still suffer from some after effects, but nothing too serious.
2 x
slave d

Re: Emergency keys are important!

Post by slave d »

Whilst i get what you’re saying i honestly think the last thing i’d be worrying about if i had a stroke would be the embarrassment of having the emergency and hospital staff finding me wearing a chastity cage, they’ve seen MUCH worse. i stopped carrying any sort of emergency key about 3 years ago but MsM has one on Her key ring so by the time She caught up with me at the doctors or the hospital (we are in a very small town) She’d be able to hand over a key anyway. All that said i can certainly see why you were happy to have your key. Hope you have a speedy recovery !!

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

slave d wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:52 pm Whilst i get what you’re saying i honestly think the last thing i’d be worrying about if i had a stroke would be the embarrassment of having the emergency and hospital staff finding me wearing a chastity cage, they’ve seen MUCH worse.
Sure, they've seen much worse, without a doubt. However, there are two caveats:

1. Depending on your job you may not really want to be outed - not even in hospital.
2. If you're in a metal cage, you may be in trouble if you need to have an MRT. In my case they only went for a CT to start with, simply because it's a lot quicker. The MRT followed the next day.
1 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

As i say, i get you but let’s face it there’s heaps of accidents etc that could leave you unable to access your key and unlock as well, trapped in a car, unconscious etc etc so your circumstances were pretty unique but the system you gave worked for you which is great. Believe me the machinery they have for removing piercings and other things would have even a stainless steel device off in short order. To be honest if i was really concerned about it i’d end up never locked at all unless with MsM and at home which means my permanent locking would be impossible. As i said though i’m pleased you had a system that worked for you at a time of max stress in your life.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

I have a key at my desk. It’s there so I can check that the lock still turns - these things have a way of seizing - and I can take the pin out and give it a scrubbing if it’s been a week or so and things start to get smellier than desired. The lock can also trap urine.

But I don’t carry it with me. What for? If I’m hospitalized and they need to do an MRI or catheterize me, they can cut the thing off. It’s 3D printed plastic in my case, so it wouldn’t be too much of a bother.

I can see carrying a key so the device doesn’t get destroyed, but it’d need to be clearly labeled as well. The hospital staff aren’t going to go through every key on my key ring to see which one fits.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
DharmaProject
Last orgasm: January 31st, 2021
Orgasms this year: 31

Post by DharmaProject »

Growing up, our next door neighbor was an emergency room doctor. One day I saw him drive home in his scrubs, get out of his car while it was still running while holding a pair of bolt cutters and cut the padlock that had seized off his shed. I asked him what he was doing and he said that the lock had seized and instead of buying a pair of bolt cutters to cut the lock off, he just borrowed the pair from the emergency room. I learned that day that the emergency room has a hardware section for some emergencies. Anyway, he got back in to his car to drive back to the hospital to return the bolt cutters until the next person needed them.

I see the merits in being able to remove a chastity cage without destroying it. Some of these cages are expensive and it can take over a month to get a replacement. Also there is the part of not exposing those who have not consented to this kink to it. Finally, there is the potential embarrassment factor. Hospital employees are human and they talk to other humans. Privacy laws are pointless at times and I have heard stories about people and their medical conditions, including their names. The health care workers are supposed to maintain confidentiality with regards to others’ medical conditions but it doesn’t happen.

All this said, I don’t have access to an emergency key. If something happens to my wife, I’ll have to use bolt cutters or a hammer and chisel to access the key to my cage. I’ve weighed the risks and consequences. If my cage gets cut off and I have to get a replacement then I’ll accept that. Healthcare workers see a lot of strange and uncommon stuff - I’m not intentionally exposing them to my kink. Finally, if it got out that my wife and I participated in a kink where I wore a piece of metal around my penis then so what. We enjoy spicing up our sex lives. We are having fun and both of us are consenting adults.

Yes access to an emergency key so that this kink can be paused is prudent if one is not willing to accept the potential ramifications of not being able to remove it but it is more than likely that you will not have the opportunity to remove it in a true emergency situation. I enjoy knowing that my wife is the only one who can unlock me. It makes it feel more real to me.
7 x
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

I often tell newbies not to trust any keyholder who does not give them access to an emergency key. It is very easy to determine if it was used or not by the key holder using several method like a coin envelope that is signed or simply a numbered plastic lock attaching the key to something immovable.

I have experienced burning rashes/fungal infections and once was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery that was so serious that I was there for 8 days in quarantine. Good thing I had my emergency key because they had to go in through my urethra to remove a lodged kidney stone that affected half of my chest, collapsed one lung and half of the other. Serious stuff and they needed access to my penis. I have been in all sorts of fetish play and learned to play safe and sane. Also learned never to submit to someone who does not have your well being in the forefront, even if I interferes with your fantasy version of the fetish. I learned that laying on a surgical table from a pegging with too large a dildo. Ripped my colon which got infected.
Last edited by SteveOD on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Clearstatic

Post by Clearstatic »

We have three keys. One is decorative and I don't think it would loosen how tight my set screw is. My wife keeps an allen type key next to the bed for when she wants me unlocked and a key on ice in the freezer.

If I'm away from home I have no safety net.

I would assume if I were in a major accident I would have time for my wife to make it to the hospital before I needed a catheter nor MRI if I were making my daily commute.

Going out out of town I guess we need to talk about it. At 35 I don't think about those situations but I suppose the unthinkable could happen and warrants some consideration.
0 x
bondinchas

Post by bondinchas »

If you have a normal padlock on your device, then here is a simple way to break the padlock off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8154zT67I
With laminated locks, the action shatters the shackle,
with brass locks, put the spanners next to the brass body and the sides of the body will split even easier.
Of course, this destroys the padlock so you can't do it undetected.
1 x
Favorite device: custom red chili stainless steel cage
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

bondinchas wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 am If you have a normal padlock on your device, then here is a simple way to break the padlock off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8154zT67I
With laminated locks, the action shatters the shackle,
with brass locks, put the spanners next to the brass body and the sides of the body will split even easier.
Of course, this destroys the padlock so you can't do it undetected.
I've got a few old locks laying around that will never see use again. May have to try that!
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!