World Cage (Kept for Her)

For the gearheads in the audience
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: World Cage (Kept for Her)

Post by TwistedMister »

It looks to me like they are selling a Chinese-made product for slightly less than a CBX model. I'd be willing to bet that the production cost is about 1/10 (or less) of what they are selling this thing for, which is how they can offer a 'lifetime' warranty (which, according to the fine print, will be terminated if you use it too many times). It's going to break, the question is, who is going to get tired of you needing replacement parts first?

Also, from my experience with the original riveted-hinge rings of the CB-3000, I'd be inclined to think that the rivet is going to annoy the piss out of you if you try to wear it long-term.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

TwistedMister wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 am It looks to me like they are selling a Chinese-made product for slightly less than a CBX model.
I think this is correct. These cages are all variations on the CB3k, 6k, and Curve, and the plastic doesn't look like the clear polycarbonate that is used on some other devices. I have no idea how long it will last, but my guess is that the *actual* device is closer to $20 retail, and Keptforher is charging more because they either bought a lot of stock for replacements, or the manufacturer has promised a large stock.

I'd be hesitant to believe that you could replace sections five or six years from now.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I concur with what both TM and Tom have said. It's another entry onto the ever growing chastity market and that rivet would make me think it's gonna be a problem for any type of long term wear.

On a positive note, I dealt with the people at Kept For Her when I first started with chastity and they were true to their word and wonderful to do business with.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Keptforher is very good with customer service.
0 x
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

Pacman1975 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:02 pm I just heard back from Kept for Her and they seem to be really endorsing the World Cage. They even seem to be saying it is superior to CBX models in many ways (hmmmm).
Well, I checked "Sexy Fun World" and it seems that they are selling it for the same price. Not having had the opportunity to actually hold one in my hand and examine it, perhaps I am wrong and it is better than it looks.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

So maybe it's worth checking out then? What about the hinge? Do you think this will be a problem?
I think the genuine CB range are all made in Thailand now, so maybe this isn't too bad?
The older CB3000 hinges were brass rivets with a nickel plating. They were pinchy, and some people had a reaction to the metal.

If you look at enough forums, you'll find that the majority of those who tried hinged rings ended up regretting it, mainly because of pinching and chafing issues.
0 x
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

Those dhgate models that are linked in “short device for PA” are hinged - and don’t require a PA.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

Tom Allen wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:18 pm
The older CB3000 hinges were brass rivets with a nickel plating. They were pinchy, and some people had a reaction to the metal.

If you look at enough forums, you'll find that the majority of those who tried hinged rings ended up regretting it, mainly because of pinching and chafing issues.
My biggest issue (aside from the fact that they all broke at the hinge, eventually) was the back side of the rivet. The smooth front side was no problem, but that bumpy back could get annoying. I can't see the back side of this one, can't tell if it's the same type of rivet.
Hmmmmmm, ok. Looks like I might be stuck with the CB model or it might be time to call chastity quits... Not a lot of options when a closed ring is too difficult to use.
I'm planning on ordering some of the hinged metal ones on dhgate, some of them look like the hinges might be designed pretty well. And, at less than 1/4 the price it might be worth trying.
0 x
Shoeslave88

Post by Shoeslave88 »

The difference is that the world cage offers sizes in regards to width of internal diameter that the cbx products do not. I generally use a 38 mm to 40mm product and I haven't seen a cbx offer that.

Is kept for her American based? I ordered some new stuff from red chili a few weeks ago but it's caught up in customs. Are there any Custom Metal designers that are American based?
0 x
I'm better when I'm locked up... That's why it's riveted on
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Shoeslave88 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:05 pmIs kept for her American based?
Yes, I believe they are in Arizona
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273