HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

For the gearheads in the audience
slave d

HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

Post by slave d »

Some who know me will be aware MsM has me in a genuine HT V3 nub after a short trial of a Chinese copy. You may also be aware, though most will have forgotten, that the tube developed a split in the join running down the front from the pee hole. HT were very good at the time and replaced the tube, this was 3 to 4 months ago. Well the replacement just started pinching me and i’ve discovered it is splitting in the same place. Wrote to HT and they say they can’t replace it a second time, i responded, as you do, that they CAN replace it but they WONT !!! Anyway, my point to members is this: the new HT nub has a design flaw as it has a joint at a stress point which may/will fail over time if you are a 24/7/365 wearer (MsM removes it for cleaning 3 times a week for a couple of minutes). As a consequence i can no longer recommend this product as i have in the past. Oh, and HT seem singularly unwilling to even consider they have an issue, i suspect most people don’t last in their product for more than a few weeks and as this problem occurs only after some months of use they never see it.

MsM’s ld
2 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
locked8807
Re: HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

Post by locked8807 »

Thanks for the heads up! I will certainly keep on eye on my HT nano to see if I see any signs of failure. It is sad that after spending that sort of money that they either won't fix the flaw or replace it as long as it keeps failing!
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

locked8807 does your nano have the same join from the pee hole down ? Just interested as I’m still searching for a solution.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
slave d

Post by slave d »

Well just in time for Christmas i've received this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000146120182.html Obviously a stainless steel version of the nub, a bit dearer than some BUT 1: it is extremely well finished 2: it has no casting lines at all, 3: it comes with the 36mm A-ring for those that want that and 4: It is an actually replica of the real thing so the tube is interchangeable with the real tube meaning i can have a bulletproof tube with the comfort of the resin lightweight A-ring. MsM isn't home from work yet but i can't wait to try it !!! Incidentally it's MsM's last day of work ... ever .... She's retired so now our FLR will become much more hands on. i realise that most here aren't into FLR etc but those that are will understand my excitement ... probably lol. Have a great Christmas one and all.

MsM's ld
1 x
New Zealand
Tessasissy
Last orgasm: July 11th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 5

Post by Tessasissy »

Good luck with both the new device and the relationship change, I hope it is everything you both wish for.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

slave d, You have prompted me into ordering the ss version of the nub. I have the plastic DHgate version which I like but my wife has issues with plastic and me so it isn't worn much and certainly not for long term.
Wanted to pull the trigger and get one but was waiting for someone like you to have a good experience with a quality product/supplier before making the purchase.

Thanks for your posting and a Merry Merry back at ya.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
slave d

Post by slave d »

You’re most welcome, hope it works well for you.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

slave d wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:57 pm Well just in time for Christmas i've received this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000146120182.html Obviously a stainless steel version of the nub, a bit dearer than some BUT 1: it is extremely well finished 2: it has no casting lines at all, 3: it comes with the 36mm A-ring for those that want that and 4: It is an actually replica of the real thing so the tube is interchangeable with the real tube meaning i can have a bulletproof tube with the comfort of the resin lightweight A-ring.
That sounds interesting. The SS Nub I got is just different enough from the original that the cage can't be used with the original A-rings. I'm wondering if it's also lighter than the cage I've got.

Could you please weigh it for me? Just the cage, please.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Happy to do that but it will have to wait until I am unlocked next, should be on Sunday evening NZ time. It’s certainly not light but it feels fine combined with the resin A-ring.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

slave d wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:15 am Happy to do that but it will have to wait until I am unlocked next, should be on Sunday evening NZ time.
Thank you. Just for comparison the weights I got on my scales:

Holytrainer Nub (original): Cage 19,65 gr, A-ring 23,20 gr.

Stainless steel Nub (China): Cage 121,30 gr, A-ring 144,00 gr.

Using the stainless steel cage with the original A-ring makes a lot of sense, the stainless steel A-ring is really heavy.

BTW, I suspect all the Chinese stainless Nubs are made in the same factory. The cage I got isn't quite flawless, and after checking it again with the resin A-ring I find I can make it fit to the A-ring quite easily. There just one tiny edge that needs to be ground off.
0 x