MCN Contender Review

For the gearheads in the audience
PeturKitty

MCN Contender Review

Post by PeturKitty »

I recently purchased a Contender from Mark at MCN. It arrived super quick and to my exact specifications. The fit and finish of the device is very good. All the pieces were aligned correctly and the welds were perfect. The Contender is much lighter than any of my previous steel devices. I went down one ring size from a 1 3/4 to a 1 5/8ths. I no longer have any sagging or ring spin. I purchased it with the security screw set up. We had a little issue getting it tight enough with the wife's pendant key. A quick 1/4 turn with the provided allen wrench solved that issue. The wife loves her pendant key and has worn it since it arrived. She notice right away that there is no bend to the cage and it kind of sticks out. The cage is 2 3/8" long and does show slightly with tighter pants. Its super easy to pee standing up. Its open design makes it easy to align everything up. I no longer need my Q-tip and cleaning up in the shower is a breeze. Being a more open design does have its draw backs however. I now wear softer type underware to prevent coming in contact with zippers and rough seems. Ouch! This is not something I normally had issues with while wearing my Chinese A272.
I've only had the device for a few days. It seems to be getting more comfortable everyday. I do have some minor ball burn, but I think that stems from my body adapting to the slightly tighter base ring. For now my first impression is very positive.
1 x
PeturKitty

Re: MCN Contender Review

Post by PeturKitty »

Update: I've been wearing my contender for a couple weeks now. During that time I've had to puchase another slightly larger base ring. Going from a 1 5/8 to a 1 11/16 made a huge difference in comfort. I also had an issue with some ball burn since the beginning. I ended up adjusting the gap from 3/8" to a 1/2". I no longer have any comfort issues. This is the lightest and easiest device to maintain I've tried.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Going from a 1 5/8 to a 1 11/16 made a huge difference in comfort.
That's 1/16 of an inch, or 1.6mm. It's funny how such a small measurement can make a difference in comfort.
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

Tom, I was just about to say that... You'd be surprised at the difference!
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Lady M wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 am Tom, I was just about to say that... You'd be surprised at the difference!
On my CB3000, I found that the 1-7/8 ring was just slightly too loose, and the 1-3/4 just a bit too snug, so I made a 1-13/16 (1.812, or 46mm) and it was perfect. You'd think that skin would have a lot more leeway.

Likewise, the CB3000/6000 have in inside diameter of 1-3/8 or 35mm. My A272 is 33 mm, or slightly under 1-5/16. But it *feels* so much tighter, just from that 1/16 of an inch.
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

And, a 1/16" difference in the gap was the difference between dreadful "ball burn" and total comfort for me.
3 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.