Bought another Steelworxx Steelheart!

For the gearheads in the audience
danj
Bought another Steelworxx Steelheart!

Post by danj »

I'm back in my Steelheart. I don't wear it that often, but when I do I realize how much I like this device, but it's just not sized quite right. It was my first custom device and I went too large, pretty much all the way around. The tube is probably 15mm too long, the ring isn't bad, but should probably be 1-2mm smaller. The sizing I'm less sure about is the tube diameter; mine is 35mm and the next size down in 29mm. That seems like a big jump! I have some room there, which is good for cleaning, but probably more space than ideal.

Does anyone have any experience going from 35 to 29mm with a Steelheart (or similar Steelworxx device)? I realize we're all a little different, and with an open cage design I wouldn't worry. I just don't want it so tight that urine/hygiene becomes bad in a matter of a day or so and cleaning becomes pretty near impossible without removal.
Last edited by danj on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Loxx
Re: Thinking of buying another Steelworxx Steelheart

Post by Loxx »

You can always ask Dietmar if he could make a custom one for you. Cage diameters for the Looker were listed as 30mm, 35mm, 38 and 42mm on his site, but he made a 31 mm device for me after my query.

Standard base rings are 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, 45mm, 47mm, 50mm and he made 43 mm and 44 mm rings for me too. He can build almost everything you can imagine.
0 x
Keyzz is my keyholder
danj

Post by danj »

For some reason, I seem to recall custom size A-rings being okay, but not custom diameter Steelheart tubes. I'll have to ask. I dropped him an email a few days ago asking about his current order wait, but never heard back.
0 x
-Dan

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Loxx

Post by Loxx »

He'll answer your email if he gets it. For some reason, I had to use another email address at one time because the mails from the first one probably went to the spam folder and he didn't see them. He responded immediately to a message sent from a new address. Sometimes the response time may be longer, but he will surely answer.

Dietmar is very nice to talk to, but you should always give as much information as possible on the first question, otherwise he may draw his own conclusions.

For example, if you ask for a price for the extra base ring, he may give a price for the anatomical base ring or the one made of titanium and you have to ask again and wait for the answer again.

If you are asking for the price for a stainless steel "normal" base ring, you will get the answer you want right away.
1 x
Keyzz is my keyholder
danj

Post by danj »

Dietmar told me he can do a 32mm tube. I'm thinking this might be a good option. The 35mm tube I have is too roomy, and I think the 29mm might be too tight, not so much for wear but for hygiene. Gonna think about this a little and decide if I want to order.
0 x
-Dan

danj

Post by danj »

It's been about a month since I ordered. I hope to see it in my mail sometime later this month. I have the sizing down pretty good with Steelworxx devices, so I'm excited to receive it. It will be nice to have a properly fitting Steelheart!
0 x
-Dan

danj
Re: Bought another Steelworxx Steelheart

Post by danj »

I'm now in my new Steelheart. So far I love it! As usual, the typical excellent fit and finish you expect from Dietmar. This cage is such a better fit than my old, larger Steelheart. After a couple weeks of wear I'll probably do a review.
1 x
-Dan

kimmie-maid

Re: Bought another Steelworxx Steelheart!

Post by kimmie-maid »

Hi Dan. I’ve been reading your posts as I am researching buy a steelheart. Your advice is really helpful. I am about 3 1/2 to 4 inches flaccid and I note that you originally went for 90mm OAL with a 35mm diameter but said it was a bit too long. Can you let me know what you chose for OAL on the new Steelheart. I want mine to be as short as possible without impacting too much on the piercing. I would appreciate your advice.
0 x