Chinese HTC Nub review

For the gearheads in the audience
NuderThanNude

Re: Chinese HTC Nub review

Post by NuderThanNude »

I have also found the Nub to be very comfortable. I seem to need the 50mm ring because if I go down to the 45mm my scrotum starts to turn purple within a minute or two despite that it still feels fairly comfortable.

There are two things that impress me about the design. The first is that the underside of the cage is open but because the lower part of the cage is pressed so tightly to the scrotum there is no access to the penis. Since I have a urethral reroute located at the top of my scrotum this helps me with peeing.

The second and most significant is the way that the cage extends back past the rear of the ball ring. For me it seems to follow the penis shaft and embed itself below the surface of my pubic mound. That seems to make it impossible to pull my penis out of the cage regardless of how flaccid it is. Even with an erection if the cage and ball ring are pushed forward it seems to still prevent the penis from coming out of the top of the ball ring.

I am current looking at designing a stainless steel cage with the same features.
0 x
Ruined1

Post by Ruined1 »

At that price... ordered one as well to try out. The best part is that all 4 rings are included, since I‘m still not sure which size is right.
0 x
Devices I own: Holytrainer v2, DHgate A274-1, DHgate HT nub - Spareparts Joque
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

(trying again, my posts are getting blanked every so often)

My nub knock off arrived in the mail today and I'll report my observations when my wife let's me out to try it on.

The quality looks really good for a $20 cage.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

Some background:
I've been in the HT (standard size) for close on 8 months, wearing it basically 24/7. It's the first cage of any type I can wear 24/7, as I see it because of the design of the ring. The round rings of e.g. the Steelheart simply don't work for me. The HT does, even when engaging in some strenuous exercise. Last summer for instance I wore it on some really long hiking trips with no issues at all. With the Steelheart and other cages with round base rings I tend to get bad chafing at the ring after a couple of days.

Security: I might just be able to pull out of the HT (standard), but only just. The security of cage based designs without a piercing depends on your individual anatomy "down there". I've got a pretty tight ball sack, and there's simply no room to withdraw the penis.

Anyhow, I also got one of the Chinese knock offs to try it out. I ordered mine from Amazon. I also got the Swiss Nub a couple of weeks later, and yes, there are a few pretty obvious differences between the two:

1. The ring sizes of the Chinese cage are quite different from the original AND the cage doesn't fit the original rings. The rings on mine were also warped, however, they quickly regain their shape if you put them into reasonably hot water. They seem to lose their shape quite easily though through body heat. In my case the gap between the cage and the ring just got considerably wider after a few days.

2. The chemical smell is quite obnoxious, and it doesn't seem to get better, not even if you leave the cage and the rings in hot water for a while. Not sure I like that. Well, in fact I don't.

3. Now that I have the Swiss cage it's also clear that the angle between the cage and the ring is different - the Swiss cage fits me much better.

I'm in the Swiss Nub right now, have been for four day. It feels very comfortable and secure. Not yet sure about keeping it clean, however, Thumper's method for cleaning his Steelheart seems to work with the Nub as well. I'll know more when my partner comes back from a business trip next Sunday and lets me out for a cleaning. Then I'll also know which cage SHE prefers ... :-) I would really like to use the Nub, at least for a longer trial run. It works a lot better on the bike and allows me to wear tight jeans. But that's something she'll decide.
0 x
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

Updated thoughts on the Nub:

I switched to the Nub a few days ago for work, and my owner decided I should stay in it until I see her (tomorrow thankfully.) I’m hoping she puts me back in the Contender, but she seems to enjoy me being in the Nub.

I figured out cleaning a bit better. The handheld shower and bath gel are critical. Still not as hygienic as an open steel cage, but it’s manageable. I suspect at least weekly removal for cleaning is a good idea.

I got out of the habit of frequently moisturizing in the Contender. That is critical with the Nub - both the ring and the underside of the “tube.” It can vary from sensitive to the touch to excruciating ball burn without periodic moisturizer (lotion during the day, baby oil gel at night.)

Speaking of the “tube” I struggle most with reaching down and only feeling the lock and my balls. It really does make the penis a non-factor. Yes I realize that’s the point. Still frustrating to not even be able to adjust.

It’s amazingly comfortable at the gym - cardio and weights. Never snags or gets twisted.

Urinating is a breeze - especially if you’re allowed to stand. Sitting can pose some difficulties as the balls can sometimes get in the way. And adjusting them can throw off the alignment.

I have no interest in pulling out. At least with my anatomy, pulling out of the Nub would be possible but not easy and only if soft and loose.

Overall it’s an incredible value
0 x
MCN Contender
sirmebane

Post by sirmebane »

Naljeans wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:14 pm Much has been written about the Nub and the knock off versions. I’ve worn the DHGate model enough to formulate some thoughts. I only wear it when work requires it, so three straight days is my longest. Most times it’s for less than a day. My apologies if there’s a better existing thread for this.

1. It’s shockingly small...and comfortable. I haven’t had luck with previous plastic devices but this one is pretty great. I’m pretty small when flaccid and still wondered how it would go on. It just does. I know bigger guys have had similar experiences.

2. It’s entirely emasculating. If your goal is to feel castrated, this is your device.

3. I needed a larger ring than normal to get a normal fit. I don’t know why. It’s easy to get on with the proper ring and nearly impossible if you go down a ring size.

4. I’ve read people say that it’s easy to keep clean. I disagree. The cage portion simply can’t breathe enough to stay clean. I can clean it in the shower but it gets gross quickly, at least compared to what I’m used to (Contender.)

5. It clears metal detectors just fine. Given Thumper’s experience today, back scatter scanners at airports are a problem, though it sounds like that would apply to any device.

6. I had some chafing, which I think would ease with continued use.

7. I didn’t get much sensation of trying to get aroused. Part of that is the physical size and I think mentally it seems like such an exercise in futility, it just doesn’t happen. And zero ability to touch. It’s encased.

8. Peeing is very easy, though it’s important to check alignment.

9. Quality of the Chinese model is great. The plastic smell doesn’t seem to go away easily.

10. After a few hours, I’m more than eager to go back to the Contender.

We bought our knock off to serve as a travel cage since there is no way the Jail Bird gets through any form of screening. I have TSA Pre so all I face at the airport is a metal detector. I haven't flown since I ordered the Nub but I did take a similar brass (integrated) lock through a metal detector in a municipal building with a very sensitive setting. My belt set it off but the brass lock in my pocket went through unnoticed.

I have to say I agree with most everything in the list from @Naljeans about it being small (it is tiny), emasculating (I was embarrassed to show my wife), my ring size was true for the Nub, cleaning will likely be a challenge, haven't been in it long but as comfortable as any cage I've worn but much lighter.

Arousal would be tough - there is not enough room for the head to grow much less anything behind it, this may be the ultimate erection smothering technology.

Peeing is still something I'd sit to do reliably but it does keep things aligned better than most cages. The cage is so short, there may be urine on your sac... I'm not kidding.

Quality of my unit seems pretty great for Chinese plastic knock off but not something I want to spend weeks inside. Days maybe but not weeks.

Absolutely worthy of the $18 we paid for it.
1 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
sirmebane

Post by sirmebane »

Three full days of wearing the CNK (Chinese Nub Knockoff) and my opinion hasn't changed dramatically. Cleaning is not as big an issue as I suspected it might be so longer trips (as a travel cage) may not be as concerning as I originally suspected. I spend more time in the shower working soap into the tube and between the tube and the testicles than my Jail Bird for sure.

I'm stunned at how well my penis has adapted to not being permitted to extend beyond the horizon of my testicles. I can't describe how short it is but it was shorter than I was expecting, shorter than it looks in the pictures and I was initially concerned that my first attempt at an erection would be complete misery.

I can feel blood flow to the region, I can feel things firming up but there is no erection to push against the cage. So very emasculating; did I mention it is small?

My wife asked how it was working out because I had removed it the first night in complete fear of what might happen. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was embarrassed to let her see me in this cage. We don't do humiliation but I had a taste of it when she saw my manhood completely suppressed in the nub. Her question to me was to find out if I was wearing the cage and if it was comfortable in my testing. When I assured her that I was wearing it and it seemed comfortable so far, she said "I guess I can't tease you in that cage. You don't have any room to grow."

Ungh. She makes me hot with the simplest of comments.
0 x
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

sirmebane wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:28 pm Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was embarrassed to let her see me in this cage. We don't do humiliation but I had a taste of it when she saw my manhood completely suppressed in the nub. Her question to me was to find out if I was wearing the cage and if it was comfortable in my testing. When I assured her that I was wearing it and it seemed comfortable so far, she said "I guess I can't tease you in that cage. You don't have any room to grow."
My partners first reaction was simply: "Well, that now looks like a clit."

She actually likes the Nub quite a lot ... :mrgreen:

Quick comment on cleaning: Thorough weekly cleanings are a must in my experience. I was in for two weeks some time ago, and I had some skin reaction. No problem with weekly cleanings though.

But other than that - no problem at all. None whatsoever.
0 x
sirmebane

Post by sirmebane »

So I had a catastrophic failure of the cage after 5 days, it swiveled forward in a manner I didn't think was possible. The base ring was still firmly locked on so I don't know what happened. When I attempted to put it back on, I struggled with getting everything aligned and there was frustration.

I don't think I could wear it for more than a few days at a time. It is just not as comfy or well-fitted as the jailbird.
0 x
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

sirmebane wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 pm So I had a catastrophic failure of the cage after 5 days, it swiveled forward in a manner I didn't think was possible. The base ring was still firmly locked on so I don't know what happened.
I think it's just that the Chinese Nub gets too soft because of the body heat. I had the problem that the cage warped so much that I had trouble unlocking it and getting the lock out after a couple of days wearing it. I did a couple of experiments comparing the Swiss Nub and the Chinese one, and the differences between them are quite large - the Chinese Nub gets pretty soft at body temperature, and the Swiss one doesn't.

Still no problems with the Swiss version. I'm wearing it 24/7, and it just plain works. Very strange feeling at times because the penis just seems to have sort of disappeared when I'm in the Nub.

BTW, on Alieexpress they offer a stainless steel version of the Nub. Anyone already tried that one? As nice as the Swiss version ist, a Nub in stainless steel would be pretty hot. And given the small size of the cage it would still be light enough for long term wear.
0 x