Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Living the real life under lock and key
happilylockedman

Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Post by happilylockedman »

Before I got into chastity I had no idea that some men were growers and some showers. I'm a grower and just assumed that's how it was for everyone.

Last night a question occurred to me: What effect does that have on how a cage fits? In my case, as a grower, when I'm aroused and my cock is struggling to get longer it pushes against the cage pulling the base ring hard against my balls. If I'm really hard the pressure is significant. This leads to the dread ball burn. :o

But maybe (I'd appreciate help from you growers out there) this is less of an issue for growers. After all, if your length isn't increasing much probably there's less pressure. Am I right about this?

If that is the situation maybe there should be two styles of base ring, to accommodate different needs. Maybe the ring for growers needs to be wider on the bottom to better distribute the load.

What is your experience and your ideas?
0 x
Steve2059
Re: Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Post by Steve2059 »

As very much a grower, my favourite and most comfortable cage has an ergonomic base ring that is wider than it's high, and has a wide, flat cross-section. I think it spreads the pressure of attempted erections (what my wife calls "strainage") better than a circular base ring of round cross-section.
I would still say the cage size, not too big, is at least as important.
1 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Steve2059 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am As very much a grower, my favourite and most comfortable cage has an ergonomic base ring that is wider than it's high, ...
I would still say the cage size, not too big, is at least as important.
Similar to Steve... I find the ergonomic base ring to be more comfortable and the cage size is crucial. The "how to measure/size guidelines" recommend taking the flaccid length and subtracting a 1/4". I found taking 3/8" to be better for me. Much easier to urinate. If the cage is longer, I shrink back into it and avoiding a mess is difficult. With the shorter cage, I'm always at the end of it and generally lined up very well.
3 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

I’ve got an oval base ring from MaleChastityNow that’s 1/8” out of round. It’s as tight as I can make it in 1/8” nominal diameter steps. It’s perfectly comfortable.

The oval restricts the square-area but keeps enough contact surface along the circumference to prevent my skin from bunching up too much.

I’m a grower. The right base ring and a snug cage helps me from broadening, lengthening and dragging a wider base ring along my skin as I get hard.

I don’t need an ergonomic ring for comfort. I found them tricky.
0 x
Critter228

Post by Critter228 »

I prefer the base ring to be tight as can be without issue. I have yet to have anything slip out thankfully but as a grower it has caused tenderness and burn. I started putting a lotion on the underneath skin to keep it lubed. The cage moved around a bit more but as long as nothing slips out it seems to help greatly with the burn and overall comfort especially for extended lock ups. I’d almost venture to go even lower in base ring size and up the regularity of lotion to keep things secure yet slick.
0 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I do some ‘odd’ things when I’m left alone with my sex toys. One time, I tried tying butcher string to three places on the base ring, left, right and under, and then tied them all together around my waist and under my butt at the small of my back. A make-shift “harness” to keep the base ring from having any travel at all.

This is obviously not a good long term solution. The string is the perfect size for concealing as opposed to straps, but there are obviously other issues.

In terms of effectiveness, though, it was perfect. The base ring couldn’t travel forward at all, the ‘knot’ that develops behind it couldn’t. It was all of the pressurized ache from the cage with none of the ball pressure or skin irritation or pulling.

Since then, my brain has been working on a metal chain solution in a similar vain, but I’m stuck on the irritation that would develop around the outside of the hips, the noise, and concealment.

In a better world, I could just happily wear a full belt, and not worry about people seeing it and either judging or feeling threatened by my sexuality.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

The A272 device that I wear has a ring that is fairly round, but is wider and flatter for surface contact area. It also has a wave to it, that makes it more comfortable. In fact, I bought several of these styled devices, and I milled off the locking section of one to just wear as a cock ring. The 45mm diameter is a little over 1-3/4", but is much more comfortable than a plain, round, circular ring the same size.
0 x