Chinese HTC Nub review

For the gearheads in the audience
Naljeans
Chinese HTC Nub review

Post by Naljeans »

Much has been written about the Nub and the knock off versions. I’ve worn the DHGate model enough to formulate some thoughts. I only wear it when work requires it, so three straight days is my longest. Most times it’s for less than a day. My apologies if there’s a better existing thread for this.

1. It’s shockingly small...and comfortable. I haven’t had luck with previous plastic devices but this one is pretty great. I’m pretty small when flaccid and still wondered how it would go on. It just does. I know bigger guys have had similar experiences.

2. It’s entirely emasculating. If your goal is to feel castrated, this is your device.

3. I needed a larger ring than normal to get a normal fit. I don’t know why. It’s easy to get on with the proper ring and nearly impossible if you go down a ring size.

4. I’ve read people say that it’s easy to keep clean. I disagree. The cage portion simply can’t breathe enough to stay clean. I can clean it in the shower but it gets gross quickly, at least compared to what I’m used to (Contender.)

5. It clears metal detectors just fine. Given Thumper’s experience today, back scatter scanners at airports are a problem, though it sounds like that would apply to any device.

6. I had some chafing, which I think would ease with continued use.

7. I didn’t get much sensation of trying to get aroused. Part of that is the physical size and I think mentally it seems like such an exercise in futility, it just doesn’t happen. And zero ability to touch. It’s encased.

8. Peeing is very easy, though it’s important to check alignment.

9. Quality of the Chinese model is great. The plastic smell doesn’t seem to go away easily.

10. After a few hours, I’m more than eager to go back to the Contender.
0 x
MCN Contender
slave d

Re: Chinese HTC Nub review

Post by slave d »

fwiw i had a knockoff and am now in the real thing. In my case the knockoff was quite warped which made extended wear difficult and the 36mm ring could not even be fitted (the tube wouldn’t fit through it). The real deal doesn’t smell at all but does need cleaning every few days (we bought it for that reason, MsM wants to have a reason to play more). i have the 40mm ring currently which is fine but i have a 36mm on its way in order to try and stop it rotating. i expected it to be difficult to fit as it’s so tiny but once things are lined up it just slides together, much more easily than any of the small s/s devices. So horses for courses, after 5 years chastity we are loving the return to HT but we did it for very specific reasons.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree with Naljeans assessment. I too purchased the DHgate knock off and was prepared for the money to have the same experience slave d had. I took a chance but was pleasantly surprised with what I received. At first I thought there was no way I was going to fit in it but I did and it was quite comfortable. Wore it for 3-4 days and my only two issues were that I sometimes got pee on my sac since it rides so close to my body. The other issue was that I thought it might be more secure then my A273. Had the same results in the shower. Soap it up enough and it's gonna pull out the back pretty easy.

Didn't experience any chaffing in the few days I wore it but agree that you need to be on top of keeping it clean like all enclosed plastic devices.

Overall it was money well spent and as I have gone back to my A273 (my wife prefers stainless) I will say there may be times in the future that I will go back to it for a brief period.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

Link? I know the @Tame Lion was a huge fan of a Chinese version of the nub and referred his readers to this link as an example of one he has found very satisfactory.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/the-nub- ... 69538.html

His complete post on the topic can be found here:
https://malechastityjournal.com/2019/03 ... ty-device/
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
slave d

Post by slave d »

As i say just be aware the quality does vary and the one i got “looked” the same on line but A: stunk with the awful plastic smell you can detect through clothes B: the 36mm (smallest) ring was unusable as the tube wouldn’t even fit through it and C: the bigger rings were warped. So, fine for a trial but useless for long term use. That’s why i’m now in the real thing, not because i wanted to pay more !! All i’m saying is that quality does vary so beware.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

sirmebane wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:55 pm Link? I know the @Tame Lion was a huge fan of a Chinese version of the nub and referred his readers to this link as an example of one he has found very satisfactory.

That’s the same one I bought.
0 x
MCN Contender
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Naljeans wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 pm
sirmebane wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:55 pm Link? I know the @Tame Lion was a huge fan of a Chinese version of the nub and referred his readers to this link as an example of one he has found very satisfactory.

That’s the same one I bought.
Same here too
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
duvaljean

Post by duvaljean »

I have the same. My only problem with it is the fact that even the largest ring (50mm) is a bit too small for me. It does compress my testies and make them a bit violet after a few hours. What do you think I could to to improve ? - for the rest I can say that it is a very nice device and that it does not allows me to get hard in it. This is my favorite device till now.
0 x
Caged Lion

Post by Caged Lion »

I'm still a fan. For some reason, I haven't had any problem with keeping the device clean or with a bad smell. We have a shower massager in the shower and a nice rinse with a little bit of soap seems to keep it odor free and clean. The device is very comfortable. Of course, my Jail Bird also has a 1 inch long cage. As far as I can tell, this very short cage, whether the Nub or the Jail Bird, provides a comfortable fit.

When I first tried the Nub, I found it very difficult to put the cage on over the 45 mm ring. 45 mm is the size I typically wear. So I used the larger 50 mm ring. It was much easier to get on. However, at Mrs. Lion's suggestion, we tried the 45 mm ring again. With a little bit of work she got it on and locked me in. The smaller ring fits as well with the Nub as that size does with other devices.

Like any tube device, cleaning is much more difficult than with the cage. However, the very short length simplifies the cleaning process. Also, the fact that my urethra pokes out, keeps urine out of the tube.

I've written a new post about the idea that a 1-inch cage is best now that we know a great deal more about how to fit chastity devices, it should be easy for manufacturers to deliver off-the-shelf devices at reasonable cost that will work out for us long term.

It seems to me that the biggest hurdle for us is accepting the fact that a chastity device has the single-purpose of preventing sexual arousal and orgasm. It isn't a way of highlighting the penis. That's why I think shorter devices like the Nub, represent the next trend in male chastity hardware.

I have moved to a new ID here that corresponds to my name on my blog. I appreciate that you read and quote me.
Last edited by Caged Lion on Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Our podcasts on Apple Podcast Store
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m ... 1528619424
In chastity since 2013
https://malechastityjournal.com
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

It isn't a way of highlighting the penis.
0 x