Morning Issues?

Living the real life under lock and key
cincydom
Morning Issues?

Post by cincydom »

I could use some advice if anyone out there is willing to offer...

My wife and I are new to chastity. I bought a MM Jailbird as my first device about a month or so ago. At first, I was having some significant pain (I'm pretty high and tight). So after some conversing with MM, I sent it back to get the gap adjusted. That seems to have worked okay. I can put it on in the evening after a shower, wear it around the house for the evening, and sleep in it without too much of a problem. I use a little baby oil gel to get things settled, but once they get there, everything seems to be okay.

My issue comes the next morning. I get up, go through my morning routine, sometimes with a little bit of pain that I can ease with a little more baby oil gel just to get things settled again. But by the time I get dressed and get out the door, the pain seems to be so bad that I need to take the device off before I go to work.

I know the ring "pinches" the skin in some places and that causes a little but of the discomfort, but usually I can work that out with the gel. I've thought about maybe having the ring adjusted to be bigger, but I can fit a finger between the ring and my skin, and from what I've read, a bigger ring can cause other issues. I'm also wondering if maybe the pants I wear to work are the cause. I'm really at a loss here.

I'm bummed because I want to be wearing 24/7, but I just can't seem to get over this morning pain. Is this normal and do I just need to "suck it up, Buttercup"? Or is there a tip or trick to help ease this? Should I think about getting the ring resized? I'd appreciate any help or advice anyone is willing to give.
0 x
cshorts
Re: Morning Issues?

Post by cshorts »

Just guessing here. I notice sometimes that I’m dry in the morning (baby oil gel has worn off), but no pain. Then a bit later, after I’ve done my morning routine, put on more gel, gotten dressed, just like you, I get chafing pain. If I get the opportunity to check, I can see I’m red. Usually pain goes away after twenty minutes or so.

What I think: I haven’t put on enough nighttime baby oil gel, it dries out and nocturnal erections cause some chafing , but if I wake up without morning wood i do t notice until later when I’m confined by clothes and scrotum does some rubbing against the ring.

My answer has been to put on more gel at night, and if I notice I’m dry in the morning, put on the new gel immediately, before doing anything else.

Not positive yet that I’ve diagnosed it correctly or that my remedy reliably works, but I *think* it’s doing better.
0 x
Wearing: MCN Contender
In chastity since: 3 October 2018
Michele

Post by Michele »

Sometimes, I swear, I wish I could be like... Let me see so I can see what's wrong lol but that's just not right! it did take some getting used to wearing a cage for my hubby when we first started out. Especially with you being high and tight, you might just need to go a bit at a time and go longer and longer until your balls kinda get used to having a ring around them. The skin does stretch a little and get used to the wear...

I mean, maybe the guys can answer better but that's been my personal experience with my hubby and other subs.

Good luck!
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
MissyBsBitch

Post by MissyBsBitch »

I can't remember exactly what I did when I started out but I do remember that I would remove the cage in the morning but leave the base ring on and just wear the base ring during the day until things got more use to being confined.
0 x
24/7 Chaste husband to my beautiful Wife/keyholder.
slave d

Post by slave d »

FWIW the morning lubing is the most vital for me. As soon as i get up in the morning MsM massages Aveeno hand cream around the A-ring (i am not allowed to touch). The only other time i am lubed is after a bath. i have never had the issue you talk of since MsM started this regime.

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

slave d wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 amFWIW the morning lubing is the most vital for me. As soon as i get up in the morning MsM massages Aveeno hand cream around the A-ring
:lol:
Wish I could get my wife to massage me in the morning.

I am just coming off a February break and have found that just a month off has made it difficult to get acclimated back into wearing a device. It's not the mental thing, it's the physical thing. I find I'm using more Aveeno during the day. Like slave d, the morning is important but before bed is important too.

Your body is going to need time to get use to this change in what you are wearing now. I know I tend to jump head first into doing things. Sometimes I need to slow down and ease into the routine. ;)
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

Congratulations on buying a Jailbird. Good decision. I struggle whether you might have been better off buying a cheap knock off (or three) to figure out what works for you while you figure it out.

When I bought my Jailbird, the fit was amazing and the feel was nothing more than the weight and confinement. A few months in, I started slipping out but only when I was exercising. I finally called MM and they gave me some great advice to reduce the size of the base ring.

I shipped it back, they made the adjustment and now I realize what a proper fit really is. The downside is that mornings have become a little more uncomfortable and I have had to deal with that. Never have I applied oil or lube like others seem to do. My issues seem to be more related to alignment and how drawn up my testicles get at any given moment.

It does get better over time and with effort. If it doesn't, you might make another call to MM.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I have had three MM devices over the years. They are well made and the service after the sale is exemplary. However, after experiencing other devices, I would not order another MM device without a double base ring. The single base ring has too little surface area in contact with the scrotum, and as a result, puts too much pressure on too small an area that can cause burning and abrasion. I can't tell you how long it took me to figure that out. More surface area on the base ring, IMHO, would have solved a lot of my issues with those devices and also held them in place better. If I ever order another MM device, it will have the double base ring.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
cincydom

Post by cincydom »

Wow! Thanks for all of the advice. I REALLY appreciate it.
My answer has been to put on more gel at night, and if I notice I’m dry in the morning, put on the new gel immediately, before doing anything else.
I'm going to give this a try. I've been lubing up when I put it on earlier in the evening, but not immediately before bed. I had been waiting "until I needed it" in the morning, but I think by that time, it's probably too late.
I can't remember exactly what I did when I started out but I do remember that I would remove the cage in the morning but leave the base ring on and just wear the base ring during the day until things got more use to being confined.
This may be my backup plan...
I struggle whether you might have been better off buying a cheap knock off (or three) to figure out what works for you while you figure it out.
This is probably a different discussion for a different thread, but we talked about this. If I bought two or three knock off devices, I still would have spent somewhere close to $100. Plus I probably would have still needed an adjustment from MM even after the order. Factoring in the cost of all of that, it was pretty close to even to just go ahead by the MM, especially knowing that custom steel is where I wanted to end up anyway. That is also ignoring my issues around buying "knockoffs"
I would not order another MM device without a double base ring.
Funny you say that, because I asked that question to MM before I ordered. The advice they gave me was to steer away from the double ring since I was high and tight. They said that might make the high and tight issue worse.
It does get better over time and with effort. If it doesn't, you might make another call to MM.
I plan to call MM anyway at some point. It needs a length adjustment. But, I was hoping to see if I could get any other issues worked out so that way they could fix everything in one go instead of mailing back multiple times. Plus, sometimes it nice to get a second (and third... and fourth) opinion on the issue.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I kinda doubt this is your issue, but just in case: each morning, just prior to my BM, I experience tightness / discomfort / borderline pain around the area of my base ring. This is always my first indiction that it's time to head to the bathroom. Afterward, whatever discomfort I was feeling goes away quickly.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.