Holytrainer v3 doesn't prevent me from getting hard

For the gearheads in the audience
cas
Holytrainer v3 doesn't prevent me from getting hard

Post by cas »

Hi!

I recently bought a holytrainer v3 after having it recommended to me by several friends. And while I really like it for the most part, there's one pretty critical thing that's missing -- it doesn't prevent me from getting hard.

In fact, when I do get hard it's very painful. The cage kind of gets pushed forward and then tilts down because the ring is still in place.

I've tried the 36, 40, and 45mm rings with no noticeable difference in this aspect. I'm pretty sure the "tube" is the correct size (it's a snug fit and goes all the way up)

When I push the cage towards me when I notice I'm getting a boner, everything is fine and it isn't painful at all.

I've taken a picture of what it looks like from my perspective when getting hard, and another one of what it looks like soft here: https://imgur.com/a/f9vlfpc
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Holytrainer v3 doesn't prevent me from getting hard

Post by Tom Allen »

A large part of your erection is inside your body; a cage will not prevent your body from trying to get an erection. Instead, it prevents the visible part from doing so in a capacity that would be useful.

Can you be more specific on what part is causing you pain? I'm not very clear on that.
0 x
cas

Post by cas »

The part that's causing me pain is that the erection pushes the cage away from my body, but since the ring is still in place it kinda rotates down (which is a way my erect penis doesn't enjoy bending in), it also really tugs on my balls which is very uncomfortable to the point where I wake up from it at night because of random erections.
0 x
cshorts

Post by cshorts »

It sounds like you're experiencing the dreaded ring chafing when a wannabe erection pushes the cage forward. Have you tried lubing (e.g., with baby oil gel or vaseline)?

From following threads here, it doesn't seem that any ball trap device avoids the problem you're describing, it's just a question of how you handle it (and perhaps whether your scrotum starts to toughen up with time).
0 x
Wearing: MCN Contender
In chastity since: 3 October 2018
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Most of us went through what you are experiencing when we were first put in chastity. It takes some time for the body to adjust to something new causing restrictions in what it wants to do.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
cas

Post by cas »

Thanks for the replies!

So if I understand correctly, I'll need to just deal with the discomfort until my body gets used to this new situation? Furthermore, using more lube (I've been only applying minimal amounts) should also help.

If I missed anything please let me know c:
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

MsM would give the following advice:

“If getting an erection hurts you .... don’t get an erection ..... simple really”.

i’m sure a lot of key holders would agree !!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Yes, it will take a few weeks for your body to acclimate to wearing a device. You'll still get erections, but the ball burn won't be as bad. For now, keep the skin moisturized with a good lotion. I would avoid baby oil or oil gels, but coconut butter might be good, too.
1 x
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

Agree with all of the above. A shorter cage helps a lot too - no room to grow reduces the pull on the balls. I used baby oil gel at least twice a day for a few months. No need for any lubricant or moisturizer now (custom cage helps too.)
0 x
MCN Contender
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I found that baby oil seeped into my underwear. Also, if traces of it get inside the cage, it's difficult to clean unless you remove the cage. That's why I stick (heh) with moisturizing lotions - they are water soluble, and wash out easily.
1 x