What % of men are into chastity? Anybody got sales figures?

Living the real life under lock and key
gilesenglish

What % of men are into chastity? Anybody got sales figures?

Post by gilesenglish »

I'm curious as to how popular our fetish is! Does anybody have any data?
0 x
happilylockedman

Re: What % of men are into chastity? Anybody got sales figures?

Post by happilylockedman »

I would be very suspicious of any 'data' about male chastity. Men tend not to talk about it and you can't go by the number of devices sold because most of us have multiple devices.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

i’m with happilylockedman, for data read statistics and remember there’s lies, damn lies and statistics !!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Lockedchef

Post by Lockedchef »

This is one of those things that comes up from time to time and is really hard to say. I myself have bought 6 devices in the past 5 years and still own 1. The rest ended up in the trash.

That being said I spent 28 out of 30 days locked recently but occasionally will go a couple months without a real lockup lasting more then a day.

So how many units sold and how many actively wear them are two completely different things. I'm sure there are tons of guys who have bought and tried it a couple times never locking more then a couple hours each time.

I'm sure I've passed people on the street locked up, I've seen one women once wearing a key, but Ive next once even talked about cock cages to anyone except my wife in real life. She had never heard of it until I brought it up either.

Like most kink these days it's more common and available but there can't be that many guys doing regular lockups. Otherwise the forums would be a lot busier.
Last edited by Lockedchef on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
gilesenglish

Post by gilesenglish »

I think a lot of people do kink without talking about it online. In fact, I suspect that the more kink people do in real life, the less need many of them have to discuss it.

There's a claim floating around that AL Enterprises have reached 1 million sales. Assuming multiple purchases are compensated for by wearers who buy from other makers, since there are 500 million men in the developed world, that gives 1 in 500.

Perhaps.
0 x
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

One thing that makes me think it's pretty wide-spread is the number of units for sale on Amazon. It's a ton of Chinese knock-offs and they don't do that unless there's volume.

I also think the average number of units purchased is on the order of 1.2. There's a small number of people who buy numerous ones, but the vast majority likely buy 1. And most of the rest (like me) buy 2.
1 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Then you have to consider of all those units sold how many of them are for casual use (bedroom play) and how many are used like the majority of us here, fulltime?
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Steve2059

Post by Steve2059 »

Following my NOvember challenge, She has put me on honour chastity for the rest of the year. So I'm still doing/getting T&D, but device-free, even though I have four cages.
I find it hard to determine how prevalent our kink is since I for one haven't the courage to share it with friends, and even here I'm anonymous. Also, She would be mortified if our friends ever found out, and it took me a long time for Her to be where She is now, so I'm deffo not risking anything.
But people are right, there must be a market since cages are sold everywhere including Amazon and Ebay. My own preferred seller, House of Denial in the UK, only sells cages.
It could well be that if, after a bottle of wine, I disclosed my predilection, it turned out we were all constrained by steel and plastic: we do have a range of other more mainstream sex toys and that is seriously big business these days, but no-one talks about that either.
Bottom line though, These are my needs and my sexuality, and even if I was in a minority of one that's still the way I would be.
0 x
gilesenglish

Post by gilesenglish »

locked4her55 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am Then you have to consider of all those units sold how many of them are for casual use (bedroom play) and how many are used like the majority of us here, fulltime?
I think devices over USD100 are mostly for serious use. So the supposed 1M sales of CBX range seems like a good baseline.
0 x
sherulestherooster

Post by sherulestherooster »

attentive_husband wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 am One thing that makes me think it's pretty wide-spread is the number of units for sale on Amazon. It's a ton of Chinese knock-offs and they don't do that unless there's volume.
I've thought this as well. There must be a demand for them to tool up in China and be able to sell for 20% of the cost of a domestic cage.

I consider my cage as an occasionally used sex toy. I have bought 4 of them - CB6000S, miniBirdlocked and two Chinese metal cages. I "gave" the miniBirdlocked to another male sub to try, and the only reason I'd ever wear the CB6000S again is if I was forced to wear it on a business trip.

I was at a holiday party with a couple that I see once or twice a year. The wife is around 6 feet but she wore heels, so even taller. EXTREMELY assertive, self-confident type. She wore a necklace with a little key pendant (not a functional key, decorative). So it made me wonder...
0 x