Ring Size Difference With Weather

For the gearheads in the audience
KittensBoyToy
Ring Size Difference With Weather

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Getting ready to buy Kitten's MM Jail Bird and I need some information to determine the need for more than one base ring.

I know I read some comments on here about the need to use a different size base ring in winter and summer. I went through 4 pages on a search and didn't find anything of value. Larger or smaller in cold weather? What are the views of those that have been in chastity long enough to go through weather/temperature changes, especially more than once?
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
Bird in a Cage

Re: Ring Size Difference With Weather

Post by Bird in a Cage »

This is one of those, “everyone is differnet” comments, so please take what I say with a very large grain of salt.

For me, 45mm works just about all year long. However, in the summer, we tend to run the house a little on the warm side (76-78 f), and my scrotum tends to hang a bit. This affects the base ring and my cage droops significantly. If I were inclined to slip out, I could do it hands-free with a hard sneeze. During July and Aug, I’ve taken to changing to a 40mm base ring to keep the cage above my knees. The draw back is that the 4am woody now wakes me up because a 5mm change is enough of a difference to make “uncomfortable” (and sleeping through it) become “painful.”

For what it’s worth.
Last edited by Bird in a Cage on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
LockedNM

Post by LockedNM »

Bird is right. (At least for me!) I have always worn a 45mm ring, but have noticed the same issue when the weather warms up. I have ordered a 40mm ring to try this coming spring and summer.
0 x
Lockedchef

Post by Lockedchef »

Don't have that problem in South Florida, we have hot and hotter weather, that's it. That being said my jailbird is 1 7/8 oval. Works fine for me all year round. Only that effects the fit are weight changes like 20 pound swings
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I used to change from a 1.875 ring to a 1.75 ring with my CB3000, but eventually I made a 1.820 ring that worked all year around. Mostly. Hot, summer days working outside, and then jumping into a hot shower were the times when things could slip.

The A272 I wear has a 45mm ring. It's been good except for a few of those hot day reallys, or days at the beach. I'm thinking about getting a 40mm to try for next year, although I do worry about what will happen when I'm in an air conditioned house.
0 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

It looks like everyone is saying what I thought I remembered reading, that in colder weather the scrotum tends to tighten up and a slightly larger ring is more comfortable. With my HT and with the MM sizing ring I was/m comfortable normally in a 1 5/8"/40mm ring. For the short winter and bit of cold weather we have here in central Texas I should be good with a 1 3/4 ring.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Yes, we're having a cold snap in New England, and this week things are feeling a bit snug when I get out of bed, and again when I get into my car in the morning.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:01 am Yes, we're having a cold snap in New England, and this week things are feeling a bit snug when I get out of bed, and again when I get into my car in the morning.
Indeed. Fenway has looked mighty chilly the last few days.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

KittensBoyToy wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm Getting ready to buy Kitten's MM Jail Bird and I need some information to determine the need for more than one base ring.
Before you order your MM device, order a A271 and/or A272, and give them a try. You can literally purchase both of these devices, and several different sized base rings for very little money from DHGate. If nothing else, it will really help you get your new MM device correctly sized the first time.
1 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
filltee

Post by filltee »

KittensBoyToy wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm Getting ready to buy Kitten's MM Jail Bird and I need some information to determine the need for more than one base ring.

I know I read some comments on here about the need to use a different size base ring in winter and summer. I went through 4 pages on a search and didn't find anything of value. Larger or smaller in cold weather? What are the views of those that have been in chastity long enough to go through weather/temperature changes, especially more than once?
Never had any issues with the A-ring due to temperature i would not give that onther thought unless you were thinking of of going ice swimming or something equally adventurous that exposes you to extreme cold
0 x