Metal cage in an IR Sauna

Living the real life under lock and key
lockedforfun

Metal cage in an IR Sauna

Post by lockedforfun »

Hello everyone,

There are a couple of threads from years ago about saunas, but nothing specific about IR (FAR Infrared) saunas. We're considering getting one for our home (so no concerns about someone else seeing me naked in it ;) ), but I was curious if anyone has worn a metal cage (it would be a Mature Metal Queen's Keep in my case) in one.

I've read different comments on web sites (vanilla sites) - there are generic "don't wear any jewelry" and also "metal doesn't absorb the wavelength so it only heats up with the skin and it's perfectly safe". I would prefer to be able to wear my QK in the sauna, and wondered if anyone had real experience.

I suppose any stainless steel in one of these saunas would give me a clue.

Thanks for any info!
0 x
locked4her55
Re: Metal cage in an IR Sauna

Post by locked4her55 »

If I were you I would send off and email to MM and check with them.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

I dunno, if Tom Allen doesn't know the answer, is there an answer to be known?

Thanks, I will send an email to MM and ask. I may have to just experiment... (not wearing it at first<g>, just setting it on the bench.)
1 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

lockedforfun wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:08 pm I dunno, if Tom Allen doesn't know the answer, is there an answer to be known?
Okay, here's my take.

From the website: https://www.checkinfrared.com/how-to-us ... sauna.html
If you wear any metal jewelry, remove it before stepping inside. Once again, although an infrared sauna does not reach the high temperatures that characterize a traditional sauna, metal jewelry could become hot and cause a burn.
Infrared is not a microwave. Your metal cage will heat up, and will retain heat. I would suggest placing a towel in your lap for insulation if you feel it getting overly warm, and perhaps splashing a little water over it to help draw some heat away. And don't put your dick (caged or not) near the heating elements. 8-)
0 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Hey Tom,

Thanks - I've read those warnings about jewelry heating up, but then I also read answers to questions about metal implants (pins, joints, etc) that said stainless and titanium reflect the wavelengths of FAR infrared.

I was wondering if anyone here had actually done it. Y'know, I hear saunas are great after a bike ride.

Well, I suppose the only thing to do is a test when we finally get the sauna. I'll put the cage on an Italian sausage (I'm Irish, BTW) and see what happens :) I'll adjust my approach accordingly and report back.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Thanks - I've read those warnings about jewelry heating up, but then I also read answers to questions about metal implants (pins, joints, etc) that said stainless and titanium reflect the wavelengths of FAR infrared.

Yeah, that's why I suggested putting a towel in your lap, to keep direct IR rays off the metal itself. I mean, if you feel it getting too hot, then splash water on it and cover it with a towel.
1 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Tom Allen wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:55 am Yeah, that's why I suggested putting a towel in your lap, to keep direct IR rays off the metal itself. I mean, if you feel it getting too hot, then splash water on it and cover it with a towel.
I may have found a serendipitous solution if my Italian sausage experiment doesn't prove the bare cage to be safe. I helped a friend with repair job at his house, and he said thanks by giving me a bottle of Crown Royal. Those come in the cloth pouches with the draw-strings....

So, going a little old-school Red Hot Chili Peppers may be a stylistic upgrade over the towel in my lap. We ought to have the electrical work done this week, then just a matter of when the spa is delivered.
1 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Well, life gets in the way and no sauna yet. Possibly it might fit into the Christmas wish list, but to pass on a little wisdom. When you remodel your house and replace all the appliances at the same time, guess what you'll be spending money on fifteen years later?
0 x