Emergency keys - revisited

Living the real life under lock and key
KittensBoyToy
Re: Emergency keys - revisited

Post by KittensBoyToy »

PatMcGroin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:09 pm I saw this on Rigid Chastity and made my own. http://rigidchastity.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=61

It is basically a small diameter pipe with a cutout for the head of the key and a hole to secure it with a breakable seal.
I wonder if there would be any interest in a wood version of this? I may make one for Kitten on the lathe to see how it turns out.
2 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Onlyhers4ever wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 pm3. Having to pass through an unexpected metal detector - this is the one that probably would concern me the most except for the fact that I live a pretty dull life so am usually either just at work, home, or out to eat. Not too much risk of metal detectors in my daily life. Now, if I were traveling that would be a different story.
This has always been my biggest concern. I don't travel a ton so it's easy enough to work around airport security... I'm more worried about museums, ballgames, concerts or anywhere else I might go spontaneously and/or not anticipate a metal detector (seems like they're becoming more common these days). I've always wondered how sensitive those things are... Haven't been brave enough to test it out yet.
0 x
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Shoeslave88 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 amIf I go through metal detectors I either tell them I have a lot of jewelry down there and they let me through but on occasion I'm Taken to the side room where I have to show them what I have and as long as they don't deem it to be a threat then I pull my pants back up and I go on my way.
I'd be really curious to hear more about your experiences if you don't mind. Do you ever make it through a metal detector without setting it off or is it pretty much a sure thing? Where have you been that you had to go to show them the device? Are we talking airport security or other public places with metal detectors?

Honestly I'm a lot less worried about outing myself to a stranger working security than any friends or family I might have to explain "body jewelry" to walking into a baseball game :)
0 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

I wore a silicone dickcage with a brass padlock through a metal detector successfully once. Hadn't anticipated having to go through.

Wouldn't attempt it with my Jailbird.

I do not not wear it when traveling or entering the courthouse where I know there will be more intense security measures.
0 x
TonyF25

Post by TonyF25 »

My mother in law has a emergency key , my wife has her key. But with the cb6000s the plastic retaining ring can be cut with a pair of dikes, or metal shears, which are in my tool box. but if cut she will know and there will be punishment.
1 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Ok TonyF25, this begs the question: Does your mother in law know what the key is for?
3 x
chastehub

Post by chastehub »

My wife had an accident and ended up in the emergency room. The entrance to the emergency room had a security guard manning a metal detector. I was relieved that I had my emergency key wrapped in tamper evident tape in my wallet...I was able to unlock in the car before going inside saving me the hassle of an embarrassing explanation to the security guard. That reinforced my belief in emergency keys.
1 x
Sincerely,

chastehub
-------------------------------
If you have 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow
Locked off and on...mostly on...in MM JB since 10Jan14,
gilesenglish

Post by gilesenglish »

There's also the issue that in most real emergencies, having to root around for a key and unlock will be just as embarrassing as lying there while the paramedics get to work with their clippers. For me, the main utility of the key is not having to wreck the expensive device.
0 x
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

cuyahoga wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:27 pm I still love the packing tape around the dollar bill. Simple, effective, easy to carry...
That's an interesting idea. I might do that for KBT when he's away from home alone. I have one at the house sealed in an envelope, on our bedroom wall.

Thank you for your post.
0 x
Kitten
Wife of 48 yrs, KH/Mistress/Domme to KittensBoyToy aka KBT
His Current Device: my favorite MM Jail Bird
gilesenglish

Post by gilesenglish »

I am currently sealed into my surgical nylon device using polymorph plastic. So on the one hand I am 100% non metallic - gets around detectors and very hypothetical CT scans. On the other hand, I have no way of getting out of the device without access to tools or an hour of quality time with a hairdryer and wet towels. That's as pretty much as far from having an emergency key as you can go! I'm not honestly sure how I feel about this yet.
0 x