GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Search is fixed - we've moved

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Mutt_VB

Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Search is fixed - we've moved

Post by Mutt_VB »

Thank you @Schnoff for migrating the board to a new hosting facility along with fixing the long running problems.
0 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Thumper, Tom, Twisted Mister, Schnoff: THANKS! Outstanding! Well done!
Schnoff: To answer one of your questions - Forum content NOT searchable by all the major (and minor) search engines. The Forum itself should be able to be found, but I'd like to keep my anonymous postings available only to those who've looked for the site or something similar.

Thanks for asking and listening.
J
2 x
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

@jfenoffti You're the first user to express a preference. I'm on board; let's see whether that's what everyone else wants. I am thinking to give it 1 week. At that point, whatever the consensus is will be implemented.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Thanks! And thanks again for the IT technical work you did to fix and move or move and fix - whatever - the Forum! I was pleasantly surprised when I logged in today and noticed the slight differences. Then the operational differences! YIPPEE SKIPPEE!

I find myself still using the "workarounds" I developed to search and move through the forum. Have to laugh at myself.
1 x
Schnoff

Post by Schnoff »

I'm testing a chat extension. it should show at the bottom of the index page. If it somehow ends up at the top, you can change that through your User Control Panel.

The intent is to offer a chat option that is just as "vanilla" as the board itself, without pictures of genitals and roleplay, just folk talking.

This is an experiment. If it sees use, great. If you want to expand on the chat with chatrooms and such, let us know.
If it's not a good fit for the board, it'll be disabled again.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

This entire thing took less than a week once you got the process started. Seamless, nice job.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Schnoff -

Bravo!!!!!
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Belated thanks to Schnoff and the rest of the admins for successfully fixing the problems. The delayed kudos are because I had become a non-regular. The activity and problems were making me loose interest.

I checked back about a week ago and it has taken me this long to get caught up. I notice the traffic and member participation has increased. I'm also seeing an increase in new members.

Hats off to all that worked to revive this wonderful forum back to the best on the net.
5 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Schnoff

Post by Schnoff »

That search from search engines was broken - meaning this forum couldn't be found through Google, Yahoo, etc - was probably one of the main reasons that there were no new members. That the forum survived this state for 2 years is testament to the passion of its core user base.
1 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I joined during “the troubles,” having found the link through Thumper’s blog. I just avoided searching, and manually scrolled through every ... single ... post ... to get myself caught up.

But I have a fairly boring job that does not require a lot of my attention, lol.

((edit: I’m of Irish descent, emigrants from the famine, so I’m allowed to use the words ‘the troubles’ in ironic contexts))
2 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.