Broken CB6000

Living the real life under lock and key
Micha615

Broken CB6000

Post by Micha615 »

Two days ago I felt a sharp pain coming from my cage. This morning I woke up to sharp pain again and realized that the seam had come apart and skin was trapped and getting pinched. Luckily I had an emergency key and was able to take it off.
Has this happened to anyone else? It looks like I am past my warranty period, but don't know if I would have saved the receipt anyway.

If I buy a 6000s shell, will that work on the parts I already have for the 6000?

Has anyone ever glued their shell back together?

Thanks
0 x
slave d

Re: Broken CB6000

Post by slave d »

If you had the genuine article they would probably still replace it for you however the fact that it has split makes me suspect it is probably a knock-off. Usually the parts fit together alright but again it's a matter of who made it and there are so many manufacturers out there now that there can be no guarantees. Perhaps it's a good occasion to consider moving up to HT2 or even steel ?

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Koala

Post by Koala »

My 6000s split. As I recall, these are sonically welded during manufacturing but the correct adhesive should have no trouble bonding it back together. I'm not sure what type of plastic it's made of so can't point you to the correct adhesive. As slave d pointed out, it's a good time to consider moving up to an HT2 or steel.

Yes, the 6000 and 6000s parts are interchangeable.
0 x
Micha615

Post by Micha615 »

Thanks. It is an actual and official product. As far as sonic wielding, there is a spot at the tip and then about an inch of cage that is not wielded at all. Can I post a pic of just the cage (cage only) here or do I have to go to the members section? I will email and see what the company says.

Yes. It is time to step up for a better product. I was just looking at the Holy Trainer or MM's Jail Bird (almost twice as much).
0 x
sls01234

Post by sls01234 »

Yes that happened to me too, tried to fix it with no luck moved to a metal cage. The metal is so much better.
0 x
CB6000
VinnyDee

Post by VinnyDee »

I had the seam split and as you say and thank goodness for an emergency key. I also had two rings break. When I talked to customer service at CBX, I was told that their device was really not built for 24/7 long term wear. That is when I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Jailbird which I have worn with no problem for almost 5 years now. I think if you survey those who are wearing 24/7 for long periods of time you will find most if not all use metal custom made cages. I had the real CBx and it did not last long.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Micha615 wrote:Two days ago I felt a sharp pain coming from my cage. This morning I woke up to sharp pain again and realized that the seam had come apart and skin was trapped and getting pinched. Luckily I had an emergency key and was able to take it off.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Has anyone ever glued their shell back together?
After a goodly number of years of service, and some years of 24/7 wear, my CB-3000 split at the seam.

SuperGlue worked just fine to glue it back together, and it has lasted for some more years, still going.

A couple of the hinged rings have broken at the hinge as well, and I used JB Weld to repair them- ugly but effective.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Got to agree with all the above advice. My original CB6000s broke in the same place and I was able to fix it with super glue but moved up to stainless steel shortly after. For long term wear I would make the switch to a custom metal device.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273