Question for those with integrated locks

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Question for those with integrated locks

Post by Tom Allen »

The locks appear to be all brass, so while there's no danger of rusting, they certainly could get gunked up. Plus, brass will eventually get some kind of tarnishing, so a little lube of some sort once in a while can't hurt.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

slave d wrote:FWIW i simply sanded the edges off the lock with wet and dry, smoothed up just fine !!

MsM's ld
Be careful doing this. I ruined two integrated locking mechanisms doing this. The lock's cylinders are under a very thin piece of brass/bronze on the top of the mechanism. If you sand through that piece, the piston springs push the cylinders out. I went through two locks in one afternoon, trying to get rid of the sharp edges. The next time (and my third of four locks), I put a bead of hot glue on top of the ridge. It still sticks out, but it isn't sharp anymore.

One observation about the integrated lock with left and right supporting posts... these are a lot harder to adjust (e.g. "bend") to get the right gap. Bending them incorrectly can result in the locking pieces not aligning. That's especially an issue when you can get the lock inserted, but it binds when being pulled out.

:shock:
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
slave d

Post by slave d »

i was only taking the edges off, didn't go near the cylinders but certainly worth knowing thanks.

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:Well, we may have a winner here:

This solid tube model finally came in, and I have to say that this is one of the most comfortable I've tried.
Tom, I also tried one of these and was very happy with the comfort and fit. However, the tiny diameter of the tube makes it difficult (at best) to wash. How do you address cleanliness with a full steel tube? My wife (KH) desires not to have to manage the key more often than once every week or two, so a daily or bi-daily unlocking for washing isn't her preferred approach. What do you do?
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I haven't come up with a better solution yet.

We need one of those guys to make one with those dimensions, but instead of a solid tube, use just metal bars (like a Queen's Keep).
0 x
2ndplace

Post by 2ndplace »

I too have one of the solid tube versions albeit with the shorter tube.

The ring is really comfortable - in fact the whole thing is just about spot on. For me, I just wish the diameter of the tube was a little bigger. I can wear the device perfectly well for a considerable time though but just for a change wore my Queens Keep for a few days, as I had permission to change, and found the extra width a lot better.

Unbelievable value to 'try it and see' from most of these sellers. It really isn't much money to risk.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Funny you should mention the QK. I'd love to see one of these devices with a QK style cage. IMO, it would be perfect; not too heavy, and easy to keep clean.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:Funny you should mention the QK. I'd love to see one of these devices with a QK style cage. IMO, it would be perfect; not too heavy, and easy to keep clean.
+1

For all you fabricators out there, please read this message.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Bird in a Cage wrote: For all you fabricators out there, please read this message.
Heh - It's really tempting to buy several other inexpensive devices and try to mash them into something like that. Maybe as a winter project.
0 x
subbyslut

Post by subbyslut »

MY £6.49 P Device from e bay came with four base rings i sanded the edges of the base ring to make the fit to the cage really good. Loading my balls one at a time and my cock goes into a small polythene bag which i have threaded through the end of the cage once my penis is "trapping " the polythene a gentle pull gets me inside the cage it cannot pinch because it has a slight extension at the rear.
Very impressed wore it for 24 hours after two shorter sessions now had one month am due for release today but my keyholder has gone out to meet a new friend.
subbyslut
0 x