Question for those with integrated locks

For the gearheads in the audience
isthisreallife

Re: Question for those with integrated locks

Post by isthisreallife »

Update on the new lock: The MagicLocker I ordered from KeptForHer is a 1:1 replacement for the integrated lock that came with my knockoff device. It fits perfectly and gives the impression of being an actual quality lock rather than a flimsy stand-in. I'm less worried about it crapping out on me and leaving me stuck.

Makes me wonder now how different the real HTv2 is from my knockoff...
0 x
lord

Post by lord »

Hey Tom...have you taken a look at this one yet ? http://rigidchastity.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=65
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I've looked at similar devices, but I'm not crazy about the shower head cap at the end. I prefer to have unobstructed urine flow, since I'm often at a urinal.

The Beast Muzzle looks like a good choice. The problem is that I'm not quite ready to drop $300 on a device until I've figured out what is going to work best for me.

As it happens, the device that I ordered is shorter than I imagined, and is uncomfortable. However, I'm thinking about removing the integrated locking section and brazing it onto my A080, and using the cuff ring that came with it. What's one more rainy day project, right?
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:What's one more rainy day project, right?
Have you had any rainy days lately? Do you have any pix of this project?
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Not yet, it's still in the "Hmm. How am I going to do this" stage.
0 x
buzby
Last orgasm: February 27th, 2023
Orgasms this year: 3

Post by buzby »

I really enjoy the cage from the first post, but I too worry about the lock. Has anyone found a source of replacement locks? I've done some searching online, but I'm probably using the wrong keywords.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Bird in a Cage wrote:
Tom Allen wrote:What's one more rainy day project, right?
Have you had any rainy days lately? Do you have any pix of this project?
It wasn't raining, but I had a little time to mess with it. I took the integrated lock section (the first "ring") from one of my recent purchases, and carefully cut that section away from the cage. There didn't seem to be a convenient way to replace one ring with the other, so I ended up cutting the locking tab off of the A080, and then carefully brazing the ring from the other device onto the first ring of the A080. I then smoothed out the edges, and buffed out the section where the integrated lock slides in.

Next I need to polish the edges of the integrated lock, itself. They are kind of sharp; not enough to cut, but definitely enough to scratch the sensitive skin of Mrs Edge if I get too close.

No pictures yet, but I'm hoping to be finished by this weekend. The initial fit went pretty well, though. I'll try wearing it for a day at work to see what else it needs.

Edit: Also, does anyone know where to get replacement locking cylinders for these things? I'm not even sure what they are called in order to do a search.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Looking forward to the pictures! You may have a bevy of requests coming in if you can make this work!!! I would love to be "post-less."
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Bird in a Cage wrote:Looking forward to the pictures! You may have a bevy of requests coming in if you can make this work!!! I would love to be "post-less."
There are a number of different integrated lock devices on DH Gate (and presumably Ali Express, etc.). It's just that none of them were *exactly* what I was looking for. I like the cage style with the wide space at the tip (MM Jailbird style) because it's easier to line up to pee at a urinal. I don't want to be fiddling with lining up with some teeny hole; that's just begging to have drips all over.

And the only one that I found that even looked close, was just too short. I mean, I understand that some guys like that, but it just didn't fit right for me. The A080 was just about the right length (maybe a 1/2" shorter than a CB3000), but there was nothing that length with the integrated lock.

Anyhow - wore it last night while working out, and the rest of the night hanging around in sweatpants. Then slept in it just fine. Mrs Edge didn't even notice that there wasn't a padlock :roll:
Now I'm trying it out in snug jeans at work. So far it seems to be staying in place.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

The biggest issue i've found with the integrated locks is that i need a very small gap between A-ring and cage or i lose a testicle through the gap (i may have the smallest testes ever lol). Anyway, that means that the slightest slackness in the lock allowing the cage to "wobble" can be enough for the problem. At the moment i have a piece of stainless wire crimped around the A-ring and cage to hold everything secure. That works fine for me as i'm not one to try and "escape" but it does mean that theoretically i probably could if i wanted to. The cheaper the device the more "slop" there seems to be in the lock fitting. i've tried closing things up in a vice but it's very difficult to keep everything lining up and unfortunately i have no skills or equipment for working with stainless.

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.