Abrasion from Holy Trainer seam

For the gearheads in the audience
rch1ng

Abrasion from Holy Trainer seam

Post by rch1ng »

I've been in my HTv2 almost non-stop for the past month, aside from a day off here and there and a few short releases for fun. This afternoon, I noticed a red spot on the ridge of the head of my penis, right where the seam of the device is. It was also feeling uncomfortable, so I pulled out the emergency key and took it off. It's definitely an abrasion, so we're going to leave it off for a few days.

The question is whether there's anything I can do to prevent this in the future. Can I just sand that down somehow or is there some other trick I'm not aware of? I tried searching the forums and didn't see anything, so apologies in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Aside from this, the HTv2 has been a wonderful device. I'd hate to give up on it if I didn't have to.
0 x

Re: Abrasion from Holy Trainer seam

Post by newbie »

Sorry to hear of you abrasion, I've only been in my HT V2 for shorter periods of time and haven't experienced that. One thing I have noticed is that my short black tube is much softer and without a noticable seam where as my standard clear tube is more like a CB6000s tube with a much more pronounced seam line. I don't see a problem with you sanding down the seam to try and eliminate the issue, as I can see other areas of the tube that have already been touched up by someone when the tube was made. Good Luck, and let me know how you make out with long term wear. Thanks.
0 x
Last orgasm: October 20, 2016. Masturbated while locked. :(

Last PIV: been a while

Device used: CB6000s, Holy Trainer V2 (part time) Black Short and Clear Standard.
Currently locked part time in a Clear Holy Trainer V2 Standard, 40mm ring.
BrokeTheMold

Post by BrokeTheMold »

I don't have any seam issue, it's perfectly comfortable. I can't think of any solution other than the one you mentioned, trying to sand or polish it down somehow.
0 x
Sneeky101

Post by Sneeky101 »

I will let you know in a few days when mine arrives.. How long did it take for you to receive it? I ordered it from their site. Im in the USA EST
0 x
Lockedwithlove

Post by Lockedwithlove »

I ran into the same issue with mine, the seams are ridiculous for a company expecting you to stick your cock in their product. This is what I did and it has been great, but some 600 grit, 2000 grit and then 8000 grit sand paper. Start with the 600 and sand those seems and any rough spots down until it feels smooth, then polish it out with the 2000 and finally make it like glass with the 8000 grit. Make a huge difference with mine.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

It seems from what i've read that the quality of this product has dropped markedly over the last 12 months, either that or there are some fakes out there. When MsM purchsed mine a year ago it was beautifully finished with no raised koints whatsoever, in fact you had to work very hard to find the seam lines. It seems now this isn't so though i have also noticed that they used to ONLY come direct from the manufacturer, now you can get them all over the place, so i do wonder if some of the issues aren't theirs ?? Just my 2 cents worth, S/S custom quality isn't much dearer now with devices such as the Contender so at least there's a better (in my view) alternative now.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

either that or there are some fakes out there.
Got to be real careful about fakes, particularly with Amazon and E-bay. Counterfeit products have become far more common than they used to be, and these types of "marketplaces" make it easier to distribute them...and the marketplaces don't seem to be interested in curbing the practice- they turn a blind eye and don't accept any responsibility. I rarely use either of these two just for that reason.

"Caveat emptor" is more important than ever. It is difficult to know if you're being sold a fake just from a picture on a website, you can't tell until you get it in your hands and then, it's too late. If the price looks "too good to be true", then it probably is.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Sneeky101

Post by Sneeky101 »

Lockedwithlove wrote:I ran into the same issue with mine, the seams are ridiculous for a company expecting you to stick your cock in their product. This is what I did and it has been great, but some 600 grit, 2000 grit and then 8000 grit sand paper. Start with the 600 and sand those seems and any rough spots down until it feels smooth, then polish it out with the 2000 and finally make it like glass with the 8000 grit. Make a huge difference with mine.
Where do you get sandpaper like that.. Online?
0 x
fineline

Post by fineline »

You might find it on line. The 600 grit, and maybe 2000 (or 1500) would be available at a hardware store. The 8000 most likely at an auto body supply (paint) store. What you are looking for is wet or dry (black) sandpaper. Using it wet keeps the abrasive from loading up with the plastic, so it works longer.

I didn't go all that fine when smoothing the seams and rounding the edge of the cage though. I think that 1500 is plenty fine for this. YMMV
0 x