Was your first oval base ring sized correctly?

Living the real life under lock and key
mcn

Was your first oval base ring sized correctly?

Post by mcn »

I've been getting a lot of returns lately for base ring adjustments from people who have ordered oval base rings for their Contenders.

Perhaps its just a fluke, or maybe guys didn't check for proper fit by wearing a test ring for a few days, or could it possibly be that using a round ring isn't a good way to measure for an oval ring?

Whatever the case, I'm wondering if your oval ring fit correctly the first time when you received it (whether from me or MM,) or did you have to return it for adjustment?...
0 x
lockedsteve

Re: Was your first oval base ring sized correctly?

Post by lockedsteve »

I returned my ring because a 1.75" round ring is not 1.75" from top to bottom on an oval ring. Using the round test rings is not practical when you are ordering an oval ring. So while I use a 1.75" ring on four of my devices, I need a 1 7/8" oval one and I am actually using a 2" oval one now.
0 x
mcn

Post by mcn »

lockedsteve, was your ring from me or was it from MM?

I just learned MM makes a 1.75" oval ring by starting with a 1.75" round ring. The vertical measurement ends up being less than 1.75" when the ring is squished.

I make an 1.75" oval ring by starting with a 1.875" round ring, and squish is until the vertical measurement is 1.75".

Considering the above statements it sounds as though you have a ring from MM.

I'm conducting a poll on anther site right now, and so far not one person received an oval ring that was sized correctly on the first try (mind you, there are only five contributions at the moment.) A zero percent success rate is not good!
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

Ours were all correct when we ordered... We've had 2"and 1 7/8" and we got the size from wearing a round to begin with. Ours are all Mature Metal rings and fit well. And yes they are squished from the originall size into the oval shape.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
fineline

Post by fineline »

I use a 48mm ring on my metal devices, and made them into an oval. A 45mm device just doesn't have enough room, and I get ball burn and find it to be very uncomfortable. I need the area inside the to be 48mm to be comfortable, but with a round 48mm I pop out.

I found that turning the ring into an oval makes the top to bottom dimension 44mm to 45mm, which works well. The bottom of the ring is brought up closer to the cage so that there isn't enough room for my balls to slip through. I've also tilted the pin down, and bent the bottom of the ring forward a little bit to close down the gap. Though the ring is wider, I still make contact all of the way around, but things are not squished. I can stay in the cage for days on end without trouble, even at night.
0 x