Deciding which CB to buy.

For the gearheads in the audience
Atone
Re: Deciding which CB to buy.

Post by Atone »

I wouldn't worry about those reviews too much. Keep them clean with fresh water, add a little oil from time to time and you should be fine. If you open them frequently then you will know if one starts to not work well. If you don't open them too frequently then it doesn't really matter. Just cut it off if needed. A small pair of bolt cutters will make short work of those little locks.

I use a couple of drops of oil in the lock and on the closed end of the shackle once or twice a week. So far so good.

-A
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Im not concerned. I just thought it was humorous.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
Jimi123

Post by Jimi123 »

Belle wrote:Hello everyone, Jnuts wife here. Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the advice. This is a huge step for me, as I have always needed a "push" to be more assertive in sexual situations. Nothing like me taking the key to hold all the power I guess :D
Which btw is one of the primary reasons we are trying this. We are just starting out as well and I wish you guys the best! BTW we opted for a CB (The Curve) the combo of rings and spacers is making this "doable" and by that I mean its not a matter of clamping this on and wearing it 24:7. And there is a breaking in period (for me) one example is the spacer. The largest one was almost unfitable when I got this. Now, I'm using the smallest spacer and it actually feels more comfortable. The rings I'm still stuck on the largest but I understand that may change (How long?) as well. One reason maybe to opt for plastic with lots of options rather then a custom metal that won't change.

Plus the plastic (see through) is kind of hot!
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

FWIW, I've never changed ring size across several devices and doing this for a while.

The advice about getting a plastic device to sort out sizing is good. You will probably need it for travel anyway. We just ordered a Jailbird, and sizing the rings is reasonably straightforward. Figuring out the length is really a lot more challenging. If I'd gone by what I measured, I'd have gone longer than what I needed. By having the CB-6000 to give a frame of reference, we were able to make a much better guess.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Out of curiosity did you follow the guide on chastity heaven? It seems that most people who mention that guide are pretty happy with the measurements.
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

jnuts wrote:Out of curiosity did you follow the guide on chastity heaven? It seems that most people who mention that guide are pretty happy with the measurements.
Yes, but what's 'smallest' and not 'shriveled up'? The measurements I got varied by an inch or so. When you're ordering an expensive, custom-made device, you don't want to screw that one up. What finally worked was knowing where I typically sit in the 6000, which is about 3/8" back from the end. If I didn't have daily typical behavior to compare against, I'd have ordered something about 3/4" larger, which starts getting into something that's difficult to conceal. Also, the longer the device is, the more it moves when you move, so you don't want to get it longer than you have to. Too short has some obvious drawbacks, but as someone else pointed out, there will be some differences - the CB line cannot absorb extra volume in terms of diameter, so you're going to expand into the head area, and then after that, it can only go outwards. The Jailbird can let you expand against the bars evenly, so that's going to be a different experience. I'll report back when I get mine.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Gotcha. I only seem to vary about 1/2 an inch so hopefully i can get it right. From what i've seen it is better to be more towards the smaller measurement right?

I did want to go cheaper to begin with, but the plastic devices do not appeal to my wife and i really didn't want to spend another $150 on something i'm just going to use as a measuring tool. I have been paying a lot of attention to what people say about cage size. If i have to send it back for a ring/gap adjustment then so be it.
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

jnuts wrote:Gotcha. I only seem to vary about 1/2 an inch so hopefully i can get it right. From what i've seen it is better to be more towards the smaller measurement right?
That seems to be the way people have gone, and it certainly fits with what I measured. I went with a length a lot smaller than what I measured.
jnuts wrote:I did want to go cheaper to begin with, but the plastic devices do not appeal to my wife and i really didn't want to spend another $150 on something i'm just going to use as a measuring tool. I have been paying a lot of attention to what people say about cage size. If i have to send it back for a ring/gap adjustment then so be it.
I understand completely. This is our 4th one, fortunately, that's over several years, but it is the second in the last 3 months. If something is cheap, I don't mind getting two, but if I bought a (for example) $80 circular saw just to then find I should have bought the $130 saw, then I'm pissed.

And happy wife == priceless.
0 x
Shane67

Post by Shane67 »

likes2blocked wrote:Also, the longer the device is, the more it moves when you move, so you don't want to get it longer than you have to.
This is something I had not considered. Do you think this is true of trapped-ball devices in general, or mostly applicable to devices like the JB or the CB-XXXX line, which don't have completely smooth tubes, and can catch a bit against your underwear?

FWIW, I currently don't reach the end of the CB-6000S when flaccid, but I was thinking of ordering my next device 3/4" longer just so that the whole package doesn't press against my balls so much when I'm erect. Now you're making me reconsider.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Shane67 wrote: FWIW, I currently don't reach the end of the CB-6000S when flaccid, but I was thinking of ordering my next device 3/4" longer just so that the whole package doesn't press against my balls so much when I'm erect. Now you're making me reconsider.
This isnt from my experience. Just what i have read so i cant guarantee it is correct. Ive read that since the cage being too big causes more movement, it causes more chaffing. Also, the smaller cages supposedly stop the erection as much as possible prior to it developing. Larger cages alow an erection to start and once it starts there isn't much stopping it. So in essence, you want a cage that is small enough to prevent you from starting to get very hard.

Would love to know it this is accurate.
0 x