MM Security Screws

For the gearheads in the audience
WendyWicke

MM Security Screws

Post by WendyWicke »

Hey folks, does anyone here have a MM device with a security screw? If so, any coments or observations about it? We're getting tired of breaking the mickey mouse ears off the CB6ks base rings, and are thinking about a MM device. I'm kind of intrigued by the security screw idea, but wondered what experiences people had with them.

-Wendy
0 x
Atone
Re: MM Security Screws

Post by Atone »

Good to see you here again Wendy.

I have one and while I like the fact that it is much more streamlined than the lock it never really gave me much of a sense of security. While I knew I could cut off the lock I also knew that would be immediately detected. Not so with the security screw.

Have you considered the steelworxx.de devices? Their integrated lock is very streamlined and secure. His designs are much different than MM though.

-A
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I have the MM security screw also.

My KH was also worried about verification. We ordered the device with the plastic lock hole added. We thought it was an overpriced option, about $50. In hindsight we have decided that she is happier with the plastic lock and was worth the extra money.

When I received the device the first time, MM had forgot to put the threads in for the screws. I tried the device with a padlock and immediately decided that the security screws with their device was the way to go. On a MM the lock sets on it's side, my KH didn't like the look, and I didn't like the feel in my pants.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

I don't care for the integrated lock options. I like having a key with me for emergencies. Belle can tell if it has been tampered with and although I've never needed it, I like the peace of mind. Plus if I ever had a medical emergency, I would feel much better seeing a set of bolt cutters going for the lock than the device itself. One little slip and I no longer need a chastity device.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
MikeyLikes

Post by MikeyLikes »

I have a MM Queen's Keep, and really like it (I'll save that for another thread). I ordered mine with the standard security screw (not the high security screw). The screw is definitely less bulky (more streamlined) than wearing a padlock. From a security standpoint, it's not a common driver head - I have a lot of driver heads, but don't currently own a torx bit with the security hole (which is what these are), so the only drivers to release me are the two that MM supplied. One is going to go into a lock-box (of which my wife will know the code); and the other will go into a sealed envelope. Because of their uncommon-ness, these drivers are really no different than a key.

The only thing I miss about the padlock is the symbolism of it. Having a padlock above my dicklet really gives a strong sense of being locked down.
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

MikeyLikes wrote:
The only thing I miss about the padlock is the symbolism of it.
I think I would miss that, too.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Atone

Post by Atone »

Locked by LRC wrote:We ordered the device with the plastic lock hole added.
I forgot about that. I had the same thing done on at least one of my MM devices. The screw holds everything together nice and tight and the security tag provides accountability.

-A
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

MikeyLikes wrote: The only thing I miss about the padlock is the symbolism of it.
I agree, that is one thing that I really like about the integrated lock on the steelheart.

-A
0 x
WendyWicke

Post by WendyWicke »

Thanks for the feedback. Been awhile since I've checked in (busy life, how does that happen?).

We looked at the Steelworks devices, but neither of us really twigged to them. I on the other hand really like the looks of the MM devices (Mr. Allen and myself will have to disagree about the aesthetic of the handmade look, though he's right about the convenience of interchangable parts).

If we go with the screw, I think it would be the high security one. Not that I don't trust Jake (formerly called J but we already have at least one other J here), but he said he would feel more "locked" if it wasn't a bit he could buy at the store. An extra hole for the plastic lock is a great idea! We used those a couple of times with the CB6k (it came with a few) and I really liked the idea of "tagging" him. It also means I could use my *other* little idea about those plastic tags.

MikeyLikes, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Queen's Keep. It's one of the devices we're thinking about. Jake wonders if the bar is more or less comfortable than the ring.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

My KH wanted me to add that she likes the lock & key better. It is reported to be easier to install than the screw and can be removed quicker, as well. It is not obtrusive under clothing, but she can feel the lock against her back while in the spoon position in bed.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271