The Sizing Thread

For the gearheads in the audience
Dev

The Sizing Thread

Post by Dev »

Finding a comfortable and well-fitting chastity device can be a trial-and-error process since there is no place to go and try one on before purchase. My husband and I buzzed through three devices in less than two months and unfortunately, one was an expensive mistake. A large part of chastity success depends on being able to wear the device---if it is too uncomfortable, heavy, bulky, or causes chafing, a man may very well give up on giving chastity a try. So, I thought we could all share sizing experiences and info in the hopes of providing newbies some advice so they hopefully can get something that works well before spending too much money.

The expensive mistake that Ab and I made was the Birdcage which we purchased from Extreme Restraints. I will admit, we did next-to-no research so we have only ourselves to blame. While I like the sexy, open cage look, it is clearly designed for short-term wear (although Ab wore it for two weeks, bless his heart). The cage is 4" long and the ring is 1.75" (we ordered the medium).

http://www.extremerestraints.com/chasti ... _3939.html

Next we went with the CB-6000s which was a much better fit, although I didn't like the look or the plastic. It was useful to size the Jailbird, however, which is what he is in now (and I suspect will be for awhile, until I get the urge to go shopping again).

Here are the comparison measurements:

CB: Length: 2 1/2″; inside diameter: 1 3/8″; ring: 1 3/4″; gap: 1/4″ (smallest spacer)

Jailbird: Length: 2″; inside diameter: 1 1/4″; ring: 1 3/4″; gap: 1/4″

We have a second, smaller ring for the JB (1 5/8") but for the moment, he is happy with the one he is wearing.

The only difference I might have made is to make the JB 1/4" shorter (1.75"). But even at 2", it seems nice and snug.

Here's a picture of the JB from the Mature Metal site.

More info here: http://www.maturemetal.com/chastity-devices

He also has a measuring guide: http://www.maturemetal.com/faqs/guide-t ... ity-device

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Tutor

Re: The Sizing Thread

Post by Tutor »

Nice topic,

My Jailbird has flown the coop back to the Texas border. The original had a 1" inner diameter and 1 3/4 length, and although it did work and was snug, I found that it wasn't going to work for long term chastity, skin was pushing through the bars too often to be comfortable... these devices are suppose to be comfortable right?

A new device is being constructed with 1 1/8" inner diameter and 1 7/8" length.

Dev, if you do decide to re-order, William said he can make things different from the "standard" drop down menu of his site. I almost considered keeping the front ring as 1" and just opening the back one a bit. Food for thought, custom means custom... he will work with you.

I'm also getting another "A" ring, 1 5/8" 3/8" gap oval and having the original 1 1/2" oval ring rounded back out to round and keeping it's 1/2" gap.

My original Jailbird without the lock was 119 grams
The CB6000s without lock but with the KSD 51 grams
0 x
Tutor
Atone

Post by Atone »

Tutor wrote: he can make things different from the "standard" drop down menu of his site. I almost considered keeping the front ring as 1" and just opening the back one a bit. Food for thought, custom means custom... he will work with you.
I spoke to him about doing something similar to this although I wanted the opening to stay the same but the front (by the head) ring to be 1/8" larger. He said he could only do this on longer cages, 2 1/2" or larger. It sounded like even then it would be a case by case basis depending on the exact difference desired. Definitely talk to him though, he will let you know what is possible.

How much was the skin pushing through the bars? Mine does this a bit but it doesn't bother me too much. It doesn't really push through as much as 'puffs' a little. Sometimes it is sensitive but I don't think it is hurting anything. I have been in mine for 5 weeks straight as of tomorrow. I am thinking about asking to be let out this weekend just to do a good visual inspection of everything. Every now and then I worry a little bit, it has been so long since I have seen my penis erect, or even hanging free.

-A
0 x
Chastehusband

Post by Chastehusband »

I placed my jailbird order today. 2" length, 1 1/4" inside diam., 1/4" spacer and 1 7/8" ring. I find the cb6000s to be really comfortable, but a tad to long, a bit bulking at the base and a sweat box generally. JB should be here in about 3 weeks!
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

Chastehusband wrote:I placed my jailbird order today. 2" length, 1 1/4" inside diam., 1/4" spacer and 1 7/8" ring. I find the cb6000s to be really comfortable, but a tad to long, a bit bulking at the base and a sweat box generally. JB should be here in about 3 weeks!
Congratulations! Welcome to the club. That's the exact same size Ab and I ordered. I hope it works as well for you as it did for us.

D
0 x
Dev's Gallery
Chastehusband

Post by Chastehusband »

Thanks, I'm a little worried about the length, order it as 2 1/4" then emailed to revise it slightly to 2", we'll see!
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

I think he owes Dev a commission - she's talked keyhldr into getting me one, too. Sizing rings are on the way. Right now, I'm in the 6000, 2" ring, and the 1 3/8" ID seems to work. The thing I'm wondering about is length. The CB is 3 1/4, and if I'm the least bit worked up, it gets filled. It also has the larger opening at the end. Seems the JB sizing is the same at top and bottom. I'd prefer not to go too small - when things get stuck before the end and there's an attempted erection, it can pull and be quite uncomfortable, so I'm worried about that. OTOH, the less there is, the easier it is to hide under clothes, easier to move around.

I'm sure the rings must come with sizing instructions, so we'll see.
0 x
Tutor

Post by Tutor »

Atone wrote: How much was the skin pushing through the bars? Mine does this a bit but it doesn't bother me too much. It doesn't really push through as much as 'puffs' a little.
-A
It wasn't bad, I noticed when I removed it I had bar stripes... poor little convict :roll:
But I decided that if this was on for weeks then it may be something I didn't want pressing continuously. I could have stayed with the short length (1 3/4") but decided to go 1/8" longer. I don't know if thats a good idea or not and am half tempted to emailing him to drop the size to the original.
0 x
Tutor
Dev

Post by Dev »

likes2blocked wrote:I think he owes Dev a commission - she's talked keyhldr into getting me one, too.
I've been eyeing the locking cock ring:

D'you think he'd send me one of those? ;)
I'm sure the rings must come with sizing instructions, so we'll see.
You really think so? I'd be surprised if you got much more than, "Put on. See which one is comfortable. Note the size." LOL

D
0 x
Dev's Gallery
Atone

Post by Atone »

Dev wrote: I've been eyeing the locking cock ring:
I don't know why but I want one of those too. Maybe if I(we) thought I needed a break from the cage but still wanted a little of the sensation? I would rather be in the cage so it doesn't really make sense.

I wonder about the sizing rings too. I think it is a good idea but don't know how practical it is. I guess it works if he keeps doing it. I was way too impatient to even think about the time it would take to get them, try them, send them back, get a device built etc.... Hell, I payed extra to have one of my cages expedited.

-A
0 x