The Sizing Thread

For the gearheads in the audience
Atone
Re: The Sizing Thread

Post by Atone »

I'll let you know. Broke down and ordered one earlier.

-A
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

Atone wrote:I'll let you know. Broke down and ordered one earlier.

-A
So how did you decide on the sizing? What measurements did you order?

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Atone

Post by Atone »

I guessed. They should sound familiar to you though.

1 1/4" diameter, 2" length, 1 3/4" Base ring.

I did go with a 3/8" gap though because the diameter is larger and the base ring is smaller. And I already have a 1 3/4" ring set for 1/4" that I can use.

-A
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

So is that 1/4" shorter than your present JB?

I am having to tell myself resist, resist, resist. LOL. Maybe if I wait until you get yours, we can compare notes on size.

Or maybe I can't wait. Patience has never been my strong suit. LOL

D
0 x
Dev's Gallery
Atone

Post by Atone »

Dev wrote:So is that 1/4" shorter than your present JB?
yes, but 1/8" larger in diameter.

I have resisted actually for a long time. Well, at least a month or so. When I got my last JB I thought maybe it was a little too small in diameter. I was contemplating getting a Pet Trap then but after talking to Mr. M decided to take his advice and stick it out with the JB. He was right, my current JB is fine even if a little snug. And boy is it comfortable now, and small and discreet.

I figure that if this one fits well I might sell the first one that I got. There is not much chance of me wearing it even now and even less so if this one fits well.

I don't have much patience either, good thing I am locked up.

-A
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

OK, so the rings came, now I know those sizes. No instructions, as you all warned me :)

Length seemed highly variable, depending on when it was measured. The cb-6000 is 3 1/4, but that's offset by the ring, which I'm guessing is about 3/8", and the offset (another 1/4"). Total length of that is almost 4". The Jailbird seems like it would fit more closely, and the difference between that thin ring and the thick plastic would make a difference.

So given your length, how did you figure the length of the Jailbird? Same thing, or did you adjust for the offset?
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

I used Bill's advice from Mature Metal.

The CB-6000s was 2.5" long and Ab didn't fill that up, so I took 1/2" off the Jailbird. It seems to fit okay (picture below) but for the Watchful Mistress (yes, I caved, late last night) Bill suggested paring off another 1/4" might be okay, so I went with 1 3/4" for that. I didn't worry about offset for the rings and so on.

0 x
Dev's Gallery
betheball

Post by betheball »

With the JB (or Chastity Heaven's The Cage), which is what i have.

I did not order the anti-pull out (the small tab with the hole on the top), but with a lot of soap, I find I can "back out" of the device. Not a great way to get off, with a locked CB restraint, but it falls into the realm of the possible. Any suggestions on how to prevent backoff? I was thinking about the KSD from Keptforher, but wondered if anyone had both of those on hand (ie; do the holes line up?).

Is there a way to retro the tab into the device? Anyone have any experience with that? Those screws just seems uncomfortable, and I really like the comfort factor of the JB/Cage, which most days is just fine.

One caution out there. sizing to the point where there's no gap in the tube puts the head in contact with whatever fabric you may be wearing. I will say that when this happens, it's very sensitive (for me), and a very unpleasant experience. Perhaps it dulls over time, but I'm happy with a 1/4 - 3/8 gap most days in length...just sayin'

btb
0 x
hristo33

Post by hristo33 »

Thanks for the word of caution betheball. Definitely something to consider.

I had that exact concern when I was deciding on a JB or Pet Trap. I had asked on another forum whether sensitivity could be a problem and got one reply that he didn't experience any discomfort as the bars provided adequate protection from clothes, etc.

I ended up choosing a Pet Trap because it is a more closed design.
0 x