Olympus Hera

For the gearheads in the audience
jomojo76

Olympus Hera

Post by jomojo76 »

Decided it was time to try an alternative to metal and bought a Hera from HoD. I went significantly down in ring size (for me) to 40mm and the XS.

I couldn't find a forum with this device. So far so very good!
0 x
jomojo76

Re: Olympus Hera

Post by jomojo76 »

I am really pleased with this device, the XS is probably half of my flaccid length and fits perfectly. I'm uncut and the pee hole works really well for me.

I still have ball burn in the cold, no problems when the temp is above 21oC. Being new I think the gap issue is going to be a longer term thing to solve, I expect my ball bag is going to change shape and I'll need to wait a while.
JM
0 x
Curiousrk
Last orgasm: May 13th, 2023

Post by Curiousrk »

The hex lock looks interesting. Did you get that one or the barrel type lock? If you got the hex what are your thoughts? Is it a special key or a traditional hex reach or what? Thank you.
0 x
Mature Metal Jail Bird
jomojo76

Post by jomojo76 »

I got the barrel lock, I think the hex lock one has a special hex key. I don't know for certain though

I have since had a revelation, all barrel lock keys from HoD fit all barrel locks, I assumed they were unique. I'm going to have to throw some away.
JM
1 x
KnownAsHerbert
Last orgasm: April 23rd, 2024
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

jomojo76 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:28 pm Decided it was time to try an alternative to metal and bought a Hera from HoD. I went significantly down in ring size (for me) to 40mm and the XS.

Just taken a look at this and it looks rather like the Cobra that I am now wearing.

I've got the smallest cage on the Cobra, which is called the Nub, and it looks like the XS is the equivalent. Obviously not much room to move or expand but I've found it very comfortable, 24/7, and no issues at all.

What colour did you get? I saw they do a sort of rainbow one!
Good luck!
0 x
Full time Nubbed by Emmi.
jomojo76

Post by jomojo76 »

The rainbow ones are good aren't they. I went for black, I wanted one that I could wear out and about more easily. Also UK pub toilets aren't the best for sitting down and didn't want to stand out when standing
0 x
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

The rainbow ones are interesting, but not really my choice! My Cobra is the standard black.

Can you pee easily in the Hera standing up?

I can't in the Cobra, at least not reliably so I won't risk it. I think it's because the Nub is so short that I can't really aim it. Tried at home and it went everywhere.
0 x
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

jomojo76 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:28 pm Decided it was time to try an alternative to metal and bought a Hera from HoD. I went significantly down in ring size (for me) to 40mm and the XS.

Just wondered how you decided on what ring size to order. This is the most difficult aspect for me.
I've gone down a size today to see how it goes. So far, so good. Feeling good with the tighter fit.
0 x
jomojo76

Post by jomojo76 »

KnownAsHerbert wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm
Can you pee easily in the Hera standing up?

I can't in the Cobra, at least not reliably so I won't risk it. I think it's because the Nub is so short that I can't really aim it. Tried at home and it went everywhere.
With the hera I've been able to use a cotton bud to unbunch the foreskin, push some of it through and align it with the pee hole making it easier to use standing up when I've needed to. Although there is a bit sticking through it doesn't pinch or chafe like it does in a similarly designed metal cage I have. I don't know why... maybe the hera has a better downward angle.

On ring size. A few weeks ago I bought the mature metal sizing rings and the thread you were in with Mr Pickles on ring size made me be brave and go narrow and follow the MM instructions. If i were to follow his advice in full I think I could go smaller still. My problem is I am "high and tight" and a narrow ball gap causes burning in the cold, smaller back ring generally means narrower ball gap, when I go wider the right testicle can squeeze through and that hurts. I think I'm going to have to wait for my scrotum to stretch before buying a custom made cage and going smaller again.
1 x
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

jomojo76 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am On ring size. A few weeks ago I bought the mature metal sizing rings and the thread you were in with Mr Pickles on ring size made me be brave and go narrow and follow the MM instructions. If i were to follow his advice in full I think I could go smaller still. My problem is I am "high and tight" and a narrow ball gap causes burning in the cold, smaller back ring generally means narrower ball gap, when I go wider the right testicle can squeeze through and that hurts. I think I'm going to have to wait for my scrotum to stretch before buying a custom made cage and going smaller again.
Thank you for your detailed answer.

I followed Mr. Pickles advice and haven't regretted it at all. Choosing the Nub cage seemed a bit extreme but it really has worked and been comfortable for me. I will persevere with the peeing issue.

As for the ring size, I have tried the smaller ring today for the first time. To be honest, a week ago I couldn't even get it on comfortably but today everything went through it without any trouble and getting the cage locked on wasn't a problem either, except that I need extra care to stop and skin getting caught.

For me, the small gap works perfectly. There's no way that a testicle can get through there and no discomfort from having them trapped in the small gap.

So it seems that smaller is definitely better, despite my reservations. Smallest ring, smallest cage, and because of those two choices a small gap too with no option to make it bigger (with the Cobra at least) even if I wanted it to be, which I don't. I now have everything held tightly in place and it's so much better than I would ever have believed.
0 x