3D Cobra ~ A summary of my experience so far

For the gearheads in the audience
KnownAsHerbert
Last orgasm: April 23rd, 2024
Orgasms this year: 4
3D Cobra ~ A summary of my experience so far

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

This is just some information that might help anyone considering the 3D Cobra style. It's based on my own personal views and experience so far so not everyone will necessarily agree, but I thought it was worth writing anyway. Might help beginners or those looking to change.

I came to the 3D from the CB6000S, which despite being the shortest in the CB range, was still too big for me. I am 2.5 inches when flaccid and the CB cage is 2.5 inches. Seemed logical that this would be ok but turned out that I was wrong.

Looking at the 3D I had 4 lengths to choose from and it had been suggested to me that either the shortest (the Nub) or the second shortest (the Nano) would suit me. I thought the Nano but my keyholder wanted the Nub. I ended up with the Nub, which has no real length at all, it's just a cage to surround the head of the penis and the shaft ends up squished in behind it. To me, it looked a unlikely thing to be able to wear at all, let alone full time, but ended up giving it a go.

When it arrived I found the Nub to be (obviously) very small, but it is also very light, smooth and simple too with only two pieces to fix together and a lock that sits neatly inside the structure out of the way. It looked pretty robust as well and we were both interested to see how it worked in practice.

The answer turned out to be very well indeed. Whereas the CB had dug in to the skin during those nocturnal erections, leaving red marks where the ring fitted particularly under/behind my scrotum, the 3D Cobra Nub (Or simply 'Nub' as it's become known as in our household at least) did not. The Nub's ring has a smooth rounded cross-section and that makes a huge difference. I had used baby oil on my skin during the time I was trying out the CB, and also body lotion to lubricate my penis to ease the process of getting into the cage. With the Nub, I've not needed either, and there's absolutely zero redness or soreness. True, I've only had the new device for a few days, but I have worn it full time except for a couple of releases for cleaning.

Getting the Nub on is much, much easier than the CB, which required assembling eight pieces around your equipment, plus a clunky padlock on top as well. (True that some of those pieces can be pre-assembled) With the Nub, the ring is one solid piece that you have to get your balls and penis through, which is not difficult once you've worked out the technique (see below). The the cage goes over your penis and engages with the ring in three places. The lock slides in on the side and when the key is turned and removed, is pretty much invisible and takes up no additional space. Very neat. With the ring and cage portions engaged, the gap that traps your balls is quite small and cannot be adjusted but this hasn't been a difficulty at all in my case. Just makes it tight and secure.

The Nub sits very close to the body and is very small making it completely unnoticeable under normal clothes. Even as you get aroused, the Nub doesn't move and as it only allows room for the head of your penis, there's no increase in the size of the bulge from the outside.

The first thing you notice when wearing the Nub is that you can quite literally not know it's there. It is possible to go about your day's work or leisure without even feeling its presence. I've not done any hard manual tasks or been involved in vigorous sporting activities but all my normal day to day life has gone ahead completely normally and comfortably. The reason, I suspect, is that the Nub holds you so firmly in one position, against your body with no space to move at all. The head of your penis is held on all sides and the small gap between ring and cage, keeps it neatly squashed up against your balls. No movement means no friction, no rubbing, and therefore no real feeling that it's there at all. Of course, that all changes when you get aroused, as you will before very long at all.

When I got aroused in the CB device, it was a process of the cock expanding into the cage, forcing its way to the end, eventually filling the tube and the wider area at the end until it became tight and restrictive. The cage can get lifted away from your body slightly as you try to become properly erect. The Nub is different as even during arousal, there's no actual movement, and your cock doesn't actually extend in length because there's no room for it to do so. Instead, all you really feel is the head of your penis filling the tiny cage area and the pressure increasing. You do try to rise into an erection and feel the pressure on the front of your cock against the plastic, but it doesn't actually move at all. It's a rather intense sensation during the day that at least doubles during nocturnal events.

It seemed a rather unlikely scenario for success when I first discovered these tiny cages, but the brief trial so far has been a revelation. I can't imagine going back to the CB with all it's fiddly bits and pieces, the square cross-section ring that digs in, and its bulky feel and appearance. The Nub is just so sleek and easy to use, comfortable beyond what you would imagine and, most importantly for my keyholder, secure and effective in use. Night-times are already becoming frustrating but I guess that is the nature and intention of any chastity device by design. I am generally finding that I get a good few hours of sleep before waking at around 2am with the first nocturnal event. After that, repeated erections (or attempts at them) continue for the remaining hours and I can only doze in short sessions between them. Usually one particularly persistent erection means no more sleep and I have to get up and make some coffee. Those few hours from 2am to 6am are the frustrating ones.

A quick word on the technique that I mentioned earlier but did not describe. At first I struggled to get everything through the ring but finally found that pushing one ball through, then the other, and finally getting the cock through as well worked. It didn't feel or look right at first because once both balls are through, there's no further space to get the cock through so what you have to do is to really squish it in under the ring. Once everything is through, I grab the whole lot and tug it forward whilst pulling the ring back towards my body. Basically, it's a case of getting it all through the ring however you can and sort it out on the other side. Don't give up. It does work. I wondered if I needed a larger ring because of these difficulties but following the method that I've just outlined, I've realised that I don't. I've gone for, a stuck with, a comfortable but tight ring and it's working really well.

Hope this information is interesting but also perhaps more importantly is of use to someone. Happy to answer any questions as always.
2 x
Full time Nubbed by Emmi.
WifeIsVanilla

Re: 3D Cobra ~ A summary of my experience so far

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

An excellent review.

I am a big guy at 6' 2" and 225 pounds, and am anatomically proportionate, 3.5" flaccid, and I knew from my experience with CB products that I need 1.5" inside diameter for my cage. so I bought an N+Wide, and my experience has been, and still is, fully consistent with your review. Good job, hopefully helpful to newbies.

PS - You brought up another important point for newbies to realize when you noted that your flaccid length is 2.5" and so is the CB6000s tube. It is important to keep in mind that the distance from the back of the tube to the back of the base ring adds about 0.75", up to 0.5" for the gap and the rest for the base ring itself.
2 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

Thank you for your praise WifeIsVanilla. It's interesting to read that your experience concurs with my review.

As for helping newbies, well I hope it does, but to be fair, I still consider myself a newbie with less that a month since getting started.
Maybe I have been lucky to get straight into the lifestyle without too many problems and delays.

Anyway, I really do feel ready and able to stick with the Cobra Nub 24/7 though already. Just don't tell Emmie that please!
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

If we had a way to contact her, we would rat you out in a heartbeat! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

Made me chuckle.

She has tried to register her own login in fact but no activation email received. Checked junk folder and all but nothing.

Can still read it as a guest though...
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Unusual, our Admins are normally very efficient.
1 x
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

She's going to try again I think.
1 x