Any real-life experience with blackoutdevices EVO?

For the gearheads in the audience
cagedbasilisk
Last orgasm: March 5th, 2024
Any real-life experience with blackoutdevices EVO?

Post by cagedbasilisk »

Hello again, everyone.
Hope you had a good weekend!

I’ve been doing a bit of research trying to decide which device to acquire.
I’m leaning towards a “cobra” style device although it seems that a lot here use a steel cage.

Looks like theres been few issues with cheap knockoffs you can get off Amazon.
Breakage, allergic reactions to the resins, etc. so I'd like to stay away from them even they would be an inexpensive way to experiment.

Kink3d and especially the blackoutdevices “EVO”.
Has anyone had any real-life experience with the EVO?
Seems you could get a more custom fitted device with it and his measuring “system”.
The drawback I see is the 5-8 week wait. The reason why I’ve been looking at the kink3d also.

I can't seem to find a lot of information about the blackoutdevices on here. Maybe too "new"?
Seems most of the discussions center around steel, CBx000, cherrykeepers, etc.

Thank in advance for and advice or suggestions.
Sincerely, D.
0 x
cagedbasilisk
Re: Any real-life experience with blackoutdevices EVO?

Post by cagedbasilisk »

Ok.
Silence is golden…. :D

Been reading a quite a few “journals” and it seems there’s quite a learning curve as far as finding one that fits.
Lot’s of trying this brand, style, metal or plastic (now nylon), etc.
So I’m still leaning heavily towards the EVO even thought there doesn’t seem to be any wearers of his device on the forum.

Once his website gets back up and running I’m going to order one.
I like the custom fit aspect.

To those of you who have been down this road is there anything you would have done differently if you could go back and start over?

Sincerely, D.
0 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

To those of you who have been down this road is there anything you would have done differently if you could go back and start over?
Start sooner?

But as far as fit goes, I'm not sure I'd have done much differently. I started with a CB (can't remember if the first one was a 3k or 6k), and I think that was a good idea as it has multiple ring sizes and spacers, so I was able to swap to smaller rings as my anatomy got used to being caged. I think it's common for that to happen the first few months, and having an "adjustable" cage was great.

Plastic was a problem, I split two cages (and wow does that hurt when it pinches you) and broke the pins several times, plus a closed plastic tube required weekly removal for cleaning (and the cage stunk by the end of the week). So I went to metal with a custom Mature Metal Queen's Keep. I'm still wearing that cage 12 years later. Now, it hasn't been 12 years without ever taking it off (haha), but with the open design and stainless steel, it is a very good long term device and I can wear it for, well, essentially forever if that's what my wife decides. I've gone months at a time in it without any problems.

The Blackout device looks interesting, though I'm not going back to plastic. I don't really understand how they think they can have a cage that allows room for erections without causing problems, but I'd love to hear what people's experience with that is.
0 x
cagedbasilisk

Post by cagedbasilisk »

Thanks for the Mature Metal recommendation.
They definitely look like a contender. Seems to be the price range for a custom cage.
Sincerely, D.
0 x
nosaint
Last orgasm: January 21st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 3

Post by nosaint »

I was one of the "lucky" 5-10% that had an allergic reaction to the Cobra. It was from kink 3D, not china. If you're into it, they make it in pink now, so whatever was in the black dye is not present. I liked it.

I think a custom cage for your first device is...ambitious. Small changes can have big ramifications. 1/4 inch of can make a device uncomfortable.

So, I would have spent more money on cheap chinese knock offs, and less on buying from what I thought was the original designer, until I had narrowed down what worked for me. I will say, the closer you get to a tube, the more odor is an issue. It can be fairly foul, which really disturbs my wife. Is their open design open enough? I don't know. I do like the look of their base ring. Good luck
0 x
Caged 24/7 since January 23,2024. Locked in a Cherry Keeper Micro
cagedbasilisk

Post by cagedbasilisk »

Thanks for the advice about small changes = big differences.
I read your journey (great read).
That may be where I read about allergic reactions that I referenced in the first post.
But, honestly, I've been reading a lot on here recently so I'm not quite positive about that... :roll: 😂
Sincerely, D.
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

So I actually largely started out on here with the initial prototypes... so I guess I am real life experience..? haha
viewtopic.php?p=135233#p135233
I imagine you want "unbiased" real life experience but I am open to answering any questions you might have (as infrequently as I check in here)

Otherwise I think there are only a handful of people on here that have purchased it since... at least from the few that have used the coupon code.
You can find more individuals on our Blackout subreddit or on Twitter

If you haven't ordered already, I actually agree with @nosaint in that its not really meant to be a first cage but it is meant to be the perfect second cage. Its the cage that you look for once you know that you are serious about chastity and want to incorporate it into your lifestyle but before you have spent hundreds on other cages that just don't work as well. But it is certainly worth just picking up a cheap tester cage if you aren't 100% sure about the idea of chastity yet.

Also the allergy @nosaint is talking about is why I started offering an undyed grey version of my Evo. Its actually a fairly common allergy to one of the base chemicals in most dark dyes as its also an issue for hair dyes and similar cosmetics.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

BlackoutDevices wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:01 pm Otherwise I think there are only a handful of people on here that have purchased it since... at least from the few that have used the coupon code.
I am interested in one of your devices. I’ve gone back and looked and I don’t see the coupon code you are referring to. Is it still active?
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net