Stainless steel or not?

For the gearheads in the audience
Jsin
Stainless steel or not?

Post by Jsin »

I have gotten a few steel cages. But I have noticed a bright orange color under the shinny steel. This would not be true stainless steel, correct? I got them from the more popular cage sites that advertise as stainless steel, I’m just not sure.
1 x
Atone
Re: Stainless steel or not?

Post by Atone »

Jsin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:14 am I have gotten a few steel cages. But I have noticed a bright orange color under the shinny steel. This would not be true stainless steel, correct? I got them from the more popular cage sites that advertise as stainless steel, I’m just not sure.
I'm not sure what popular cage site you used but I have had great experience with devices from Mature Metal, Steelworxx, and Rigid Chastity.
1 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

our cages have been custom ones from Mature Metal and Steelworxx.

When you have a chrome plated cage that is not surgical steel the coating can rub off and it can rust underneath.
1 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
inchastityat127

Post by inchastityat127 »

FWIW, I’ve been in a Mature Metal Jailbird for nearly a year. Other than some base ring resizing, I’ve had zero issues and none of the issues you mentioned.
1 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Fwiw we have several different cheap s/s units all purchased through DHGate and they’re all solid stainless, not one is plated. We only buy those that state solid stainless polished and if they were plated we’d be getting an immediate refund. Never paid more than NZ$50 including postage etc for any of them and most under NZ$30.

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I don't know what you're getting and from where but those sellers need to be called out.

You are getting some kind of cheap steel cage that has been electroplated, probably with chrome. The orange color you see is the copper underplating - it acts like a primer coat between the steel and the chrome.

Both chrome and copper can be very reactive and irritating to some people.
3 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Tom gave you your answer. I'll just add another comment in favor of Mature Metal. I've been in a Jail Bird almost 24/7/365 for 3 years with no issues that were attributed to the cage. Another quality builder is Male Chastity Now. Both make high quality products and offer exceptional customer service.
1 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!